• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
to how utterly stupid it is that I'm supposed to believe the Vault Hunter(s) just stood by and watched the Calypsos taunt Ava and Maya, and let Maya die.
That scene went on so long I forgot my character had just come back from the vault. It was absurd.

If that was the case, they should have played the cutscene as soon as you entered the vault, not right when you left it while walking toward Maya & Ava. It's a simple fix they could do, but I doubt they'll bother.
Bingo.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
anybody getting the 'game didn't start correctly' on the x? Takes me 3-4 times before the game launches after this most recent update. Resume mode doesn't work also. What a mess

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
To be fair NG+ isnt required to hit 50 and get level scaling this time. I'm only go through it once the last level cap increase gets added so I can have max level quest rewards items.

Yeah one thing they did right in BL 3 is there's a whole lot of endgame content after you finish the main story. I hit level 45 or so simply by going back and doing all the side quests I'd skipped, and enjoyed that many of those had better writing than the main quest. Then there's all the Proving Grounds, the Circles of Slaughter, the new Takedown missions, multiple Mayhem levels... There's absolutely no need to play through TVHM (NG+) to have lots of things to do, get the best gear, etc.

The super annoying thing is you have to finish one playthrough on every character if you want to have all that stuff unlocked. I really wish I could take a level 1 character straight into wherever I wanted to go after finishing the main story once on some other character. I mean you can, but only if you join someone else's game who's unlocked stuff.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
If that was the case, they should have played the cutscene as soon as you entered the vault, not right when you left it while walking toward Maya & Ava. It's a simple fix they could do, but I doubt they'll bother.
They could've really turned it into a moment for the Vault Hunter, too. You're so much more present in the story as a speaking role that it's kind of shocking that everyone still only refers to you as "VH" or "Vault Hunter", and never by your character's name. It'd be a lot more work, but I'd like for future games to consider that in conversation, because enemies already have battle chatter for specific player characters. Having multiple lines, i.e.:

"Thanks for your help, Fl4k/Amara/Zane/Moze, it's good to have you around." Or, if you're in a group: "Thanks for your help, folks. It's good to have you around."

The fact that your PC barely emotes at the news of Maya's death is just shocking to me. You feel so disconnected from the story because of how badly it wants to integrate you into the narrative without actually letting you impact it. You feel secondary to everything going on, even though it's because of you that anything gets done.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there some some good guides out there for recommended build for each characters? I don't want some crazy ass build that only work with specific legendary gear... just general "recommended for regular Mayhem" type of builds. Just trying random builds by myself is fun, but a bit time consuming when I'm constantly respecing because of a few points that I realized after too late aren't worth it.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some some good guides out there for recommended build for each characters? I don't want some crazy ass build that only work with specific legendary gear... just general "recommended for regular Mayhem" type of builds. Just trying random builds by myself is fun, but a bit time consuming when I'm constantly respecing because of a few points that I realized after too late aren't worth it.

You could just look up on youtube "borderlands [character]" and filter by latest. Although most of those vids assume you have specific gear.

Here's an imgur of some builds via the Borderlands Discord, you could see if anything here works for you.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

If you play Amara, Youtuber Sin Tee is all you need. Does the best build guides that are the most well explained around. Doesn't even say a single word to do it either.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any glaring, ultra super mega common PC bugs I should know about before purchasing? Been holding out for a sale/I beat more games before grabbing this.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
So if I understood correctly Mayhem modifiers don't alter the loot drop rates of designated drop right ? Meaning I can go on the lowest difficulties to boost the speed of the whole process ?

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Community complaining about nerfs and then wanting amara nerfed is the height of laughability

She's this game's Sal, I don't know what the hell went through Gearbox's head to buff her up even more with her new class mod

Ah you are jealous too and hoping for a nerf. Kinda pathetic, but good luck with that!

I'm not some pathetic cultist minded person like yourself.

Game has a lot of problems when it comes to balance. I got some really good working builds on Fl4k, Zane and Moze, they do the job more than well but they do have tradeoffs (in particular with Zane). Amara doesn't have any on top of having one particular, cheesy as hell build enabling her to do it all (boss farming and mobbing) by using, you guessed it, ties that bind.

If I were gearbox I'd nerf that, also would nerf her class mod, and I'd rework damage calculation to have kinetic based builds performing as crazily as the broken multi elemental ones.

Also the tediore weapons being used in so many builds is a pretty big issue. I'll wait for Mayhem 2.0 still

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD
ASMD

Wow, this must be the only legendary weapon in the game.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
so i'm assuming the only way to easily beat the raid on mayhem 4 is to use/abuse the terror buffs. which is a shame because i remember the reason they didn't add slag in BLands 3 is because end game they didn't want people to have to use it to, be forced to play a certain way. well, i loved slag but i friggin hate terror. uhg.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
so i'm assuming the only way to easily beat the raid on mayhem 4 is to use/abuse the terror buffs. which is a shame because i remember the reason they didn't add slag in BLands 3 is because end game they didn't want people to have to use it to, be forced to play a certain way. well, i loved slag but i friggin hate terror. uhg.

I cant even finish it on normal lol. I've tried new builds but nothing seems to help. Thanks Zane.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019

1) play amara 2) play moze 3) play Fl4k with their new class mod (it drops in the raid tho, arh arh arh)

Ive posted a video above of me soloing the raid in TVHM / Mayhem 4

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Mayhem 4 is worthless anyway. The increase in rates is nowhere proportional to the increase in enemy health/shields/armor

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking up the live action actress for Lilith because I find her sexually attractive, which led me to Reddit and I had no idea so many people hated the live action siren stuff. I get that it clashes with how the game looks but I like it precisely because it clashes. It's weird and original.
Do y'all dislike it too?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking up the live action actress for Lilith because I find her sexually attractive, which led me to Reddit and I had no idea so many people hated the live action siren stuff. I get that it clashes with how the game looks but I like it precisely because it clashes. It's weird and original.
Do y'all dislike it too?
I mean, the wig alone of fucking terrible, ignoring that the face shapes are too different

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I dislike them. They don't look anything like their character models. Angel was the only one that was decent.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So my wife and I have time to play thanks to the holiday week and we are running into issues.

we are having severely high ping leading to terrible rubber banding... playing LAN even. LAN Server window showing 300-700 pings.

We can ping each other's machines at 2ms. Max packet size pings go up to about 100ms, but average about 40 with no packet loss.

But the BL3 server remains super high latency, with whoever is connecting to the host seeing spikes of game breaking rubber banding.

yes it's a WiFi connection but we literally have no problems like this in other games. So we tend to think this is a BL3 problem. But I've found no solutions.

anybody got any ideas?

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling I will be farming that Spiritual Driver class mod for a while. Thankfully Sylvestro and his buddy are piss easy to kill and both drop legendary gear very often on M4. I'll probably end up with a really good Red Suit and Pestilence in the process too.

I could not imagine having to fight through an arena every time for the new class mods like Fl4k and Zane require.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling I will be farming that Spiritual Driver class mod for a while. Thankfully Sylvestro and his buddy are piss easy to kill and both drop legendary gear very often on M4. I'll probably end up with a really good Red Suit and Pestilence in the process too.

I could not imagine having to fight through an arena every time for the new class mods like Fl4k and Zane require.

Luckily Zanes class mod is so shit we wont have to bother.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Skywell would also greatly benefit from a 2nd travel point. The run to the boss in there is ridiculous when most other bosses have one not too far from them.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Skywell would also greatly benefit from a 2nd travel point. The run to the boss in there is ridiculous when most other bosses have one not too far from them.
The elevator should help with that. Granted I just finished the game, haven't been there on TVHM or Mayhem modes.

Is the run to the elevator that hard? The elevator is by all the trucks, by the boom boom room, lol.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The elevator should help with that. Granted I just finished the game, haven't been there on TVHM or Mayhem modes.

Is the run to the elevator that hard? The elevator is by all the trucks, by the boom boom room, lol.
The question isn't that it's hard, it's that the map is fucking huge and it's a really long walk to get from the travel point to the boss at the end. I'm not sure I would even bother farming him even if he dropped an unique OP legendary.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
The question isn't that it's hard, it's that the map is fucking huge and it's a really long walk to get from the travel point to the boss at the end. I'm not sure I would even bother farming him even if he dropped an unique OP legendary.
Ok, now is this factoring in the elevator by all the trucks? That elevator skips alot of the map and puts you right at the boss.

The elevator is by the spot where you first run into the nogs on normal play through.

I agree, that map is huge with multiple badass enemies coming at you together, tag teaming you.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Did my first arena with a friend and Jesus the loot drops are absurd. Like four legendaries. I realize this is only the entry level shit, but wow.

Spamming an e tech radiation shotgun got us through most of it. Those Hyperion ones with the extra splash damage are absurd.

Any good strategies for dealing with rakk?

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I played and beat the game as Zane, and instead of going into TVHM, is it worth jumping into a new character or is it better to just stick with Zane and farm on that character alone?

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Do y'all dislike it too?
You find a video game character sexually attractive?

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
I need some advice on how to go from merely Strong to Can Beat Everything. My friend and I play together and can manage the Circle of Slaughter-type missions on Mayhem 2. We've farmed up a lot of legendaries and built out what feel like strong specs and loadouts. But the idea of doing Mayhem 3 comfortably is just.. boggling. Also the new raid kicked our asses, even on Normal, although maybe that's because we were only 2 players. Amara and Zane, FWIW.

What's the path from here, to getting OP? My impression from reading Reddit is it's mostly a matter of finding really broken game mechanics / combos to exploit. That feels a little cheaty to me, but OK. Is there some good website that lists these kinds of OP combos? All I see are 15 minute badly edited videos where buried in the middle is 3 seconds of "and here's my build and gear", which are pretty hard to learn from.

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, i am gonna to pickup, i saw the Df videos, where this game is better to play, Xbox or Ps4 nowadays?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Took 4 to 5 hours of solid Traunt farming to get the tankmans shield. Now on to aurelia which sucks because she has immune phases

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Bought this in the GreenManGaming sale yesterday and played about an hour without realizing the game defaulted to low settings. I only realized when I turned the FPS on and saw it was running at 120fps. I bumped it to high and turned off the troublesome stuff like volumetric fog, turned down AA to FXAA and even off, turned motion blur off, even tried DX12 like some guides said. I've been unable to play at a consistent framerate though. I've gone through the benchmark a dozen times turning more and more things down or off and I average 70-90fps but I'm getting really bad drops to 30-45 fps in not very open or crowded areas.

I'm running an i7-4790K, GTX 970, 12GB Ram. Does anyone have a similar setup with a stable consistent frame rate? I'm looking to upgrade/possibly build a machine when tax time hits but I feel like my computer should be able to handle this game even at medium-high settings.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys!

I just picked up a cheap secondhand copy ($25) and I'm wondering what character class to start with? I really liked the Mechromancer class in BL2, so who should I choose based on that?

Also, how is the game running on PS4 Pro now that it's up to 1.07?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Does anybody know if they've finally fixed the bug that prevented Legendary Class Mods from dropping while playing offline?
Apparently some hotfixes were rolled into the last patch but I've not been able to find out if Legendary Class Mods can now drop offline.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys!

I just picked up a cheap secondhand copy ($25) and I'm wondering what character class to start with? I really liked the Mechromancer class in BL2, so who should I choose based on that?

Also, how is the game running on PS4 Pro now that it's up to 1.07?

Moze might be your best choice - I did a quick look at Gaige/Mechromancer and it looks similar to Moze and her Iron Bear