• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
You can also use Eridium for slot machines. But to be honest, once you've bought all cosmetic stuff, eridium is pretty much useless since the anointed gear sold next to Earl has no legendaries. I think my main character has over 4k eridium with nothing to spend them on. I hope they add legendaries on that machine one day. Put them at 750-1k eridium each if that's what needed for people to start hunting for eridium more.
True, I've gotten a few Legendaries from that slot machine, that was early on though right after the game released

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Bought it off steam and I don't know something feels off about this game for me. Coming from someone that really liked BL2 this feels too much like the first 2 games. The characters themselves feel like a greatest hits versions of the previous games characters. The humor is crappy, or maybe I outgrew it? I dunno.

Optimization is trash, too. Destiny 2 runs silky smooth everything on high at 60fps and 1440p on my pc, this has some shitty stuttering with settings on medium at 1080p. I dont get it, the game doesnt seem to be pushing some high end visuals.

to me this game is a 6/10 so far.

Gearbox played it too safe for me.

PARANOiA

Oct 25, 2017
I hit ~lvl23 on Steam today and had my first crash, in the Anvil after killing the Mother of Dragons. Now whenever I load my character it loads for 2-3 seconds before crashing back to desktop. Googled but had no fix... am I out of luck? Any advice? :/ Very disappointed... at least have a progression bug in the first couple of hours so I can refund....

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has Slaughter Shaft always been such a gold mine of legendaries? I've just completed it on M4 with my crazy ass Fire Lob with 125% indendiary damage when going out of Iron Bear and it rained legendaries, just look at the minimap(only looted 3-4 of them)!

LD4gufs.jpg

I hit ~lvl23 on Steam today and had my first crash, in the Anvil after killing the Mother of Dragons. Now whenever I load my character it loads for 2-3 seconds before crashing back to desktop. Googled but had no fix... am I out of luck? Any advice? :/ Very disappointed... at least have a progression bug in the first couple of hours so I can refund....

Have you tried updating your video drivers? Changing some video settings ingame like going from Fullscreen to Borderless windows maybe? This isn't a common crash as far as I know.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Has Slaughter Shaft always been such a gold mine of legendaries? I've just completed it on M4 with my crazy ass Fire Lob with 125% indendiary damage when going out of Iron Bear and it rained legendaries, just look at the minimap(only looted 3-4 of them)!

LD4gufs.jpg

Have you tried updating your video drivers? Changing some video settings ingame like going from Fullscreen to Borderless windows maybe? This isn't a common crash as far as I know.
Yup, legendaries for days.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get a Snowdrift Deathless for hours now. At least I got a good Elemental Projection variant I guess

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good guide or list of tips out there for returning players who left shortly after launch? I cleared the game (having had a blast doing so) and got my Fl4k to like, level 35 or something with a bit of Mayhem before other games took over. That was definitely before the first DLC launched.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
What happened with Eden-6? So far it's a lot buggier than any other place I've been. Lots of enemies I kill freeze in midair after they die, and when I was helping out Wainright a big dinosaur thing spawned out of nowhere frozen in the air and stayed there until I killed it.

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Im close to the end and I do not understand some of the decisions the dev team did.

Like you are creating so many new assets for a planet just to have only 1 map there? I do not get why the most interesting planet (Athenas) only has one map, but Pandora (again) consists of like 7-8 maps, same as the boring looking swamp...

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
So I'm almost done with the story and I'm wondering what I should do after I finish the story. I just want to farm some bosses for gear etc but I'm not sure if I have to do True Vault Hunter Mode or not? Or can I just start doing normal mode on Mayhem 1?

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
On PC. Recently upgraded nVidia driver to Doom Eternal version and got into this game again. First time loading the game takes 2 minutes to start? Then I now have annoying microstutter that wasn't there before. And the game still tends to crash when exiting to desktop. EDIT: Which also requires me to sign off my account to shut down the program. ARGH.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
On PC. Recently upgraded nVidia driver to Doom Eternal version and got into this game again. First time loading the game takes 2 minutes to start? Then I now have annoying microstutter that wasn't there before. And the game still tends to crash when exiting to desktop. EDIT: Which also requires me to sign off my account to shut down the program. ARGH.

Are you using DX12 in the ingame settings? This tends to make the game take a lot longer to launch,

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm almost done with the story and I'm wondering what I should do after I finish the story. I just want to farm some bosses for gear etc but I'm not sure if I have to do True Vault Hunter Mode or not? Or can I just start doing normal mode on Mayhem 1?
Mayhem 1 makes the whole game scale even in Normal Mode. Im pretty sure the bosses auto scale normally since I farmed Phoenix in non mayhem and it was still level 53
even in normal mode

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have they given any details on what Mayhem 2.0 is?

There is some details here, as well as the new seasonal event incoming :

Borderlands 3 Seasonal Events | Borderlands Games

How to play all the Borderlands 3 Seasonal Events—Bloody Harvest, Broken Hearts Day, and Revenge of the Cartels—whenever you like!

First up, Mayhem 2.0 turns Mayhem Mode into its own tab in your ECHO device, so you won't have to visit the pedestal in Sanctuary III every time you want to adjust it. There are now 10 Mayhem levels to conquer, as well as over 25 Mayhem Modifiers that are classified by general difficulty for the ways they'll make you adapt to new playstyles. Your chosen Mayhem level will also determine the kind of loot you get; for instance, a Mayhem 4 weapon will have better stats than the same weapon dropping at Mayhem 2, so the gear you earn in one Mayhem level will prepare you for the next.

Mayhem 2.0 is scheduled to launch alongside Revenge of the Cartels in April, a new six-week seasonal event affecting the entire galaxy of Borderlands 3. Your kindly Saurian pal Maurice has gotten himself in trouble with a shady character named Joey Ultraviolet, and now Joey's coming to collect on some debts. You need to help Maurice wipe his slate clean by taking care of different thugs hiding out across the solar system including areas added in campaign add-ons; you'll recognize them by their flashy neon attire. Once you've eliminated enough of these operatives, Maurice will use his handy portal device on Sanctuary III to whisk you away to The Mansion, a swanky new map where Joey Ultraviolet and his goons are hiding out.

Your encounters in The Mansion will change depending on which of three distinct gangs currently reigns over the Cartel. You won't know what kind of enemies to expect until you're in the thick of battle, beyond the fact that you'll never fight the same faction twice in a row. Better yet, each gang has some unique loot drops and Anointed parts, so repeat runs are highly encouraged. An added suite of Cartel-themed Challenges will let you unlock Revenge of the Cartels gear, including some '80s-tastic Vault Hunter cosmetics. And of course, you'll have the option to turn Revenge of the Cartels on or off as you choose for the duration of the event.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
uhhhh, no. Mayhem 4 is mayhem 4, i fully expect the additional levels to be more difficult. Seems like the point of it all.

Yeah, with 2 capstone skills being used at once now, I suspect the current Mayhem 4 won't be quite as annoying as it is currently. But I highly doubt Mayhem 8 is going to be twice as difficult though, unless the gear difference is huge. I don't want regular enemies with only a health bar to take 20 seconds to kill each.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, with 2 capstone skills being used at once now, I suspect the current Mayhem 4 won't be quite as annoying as it is currently. But I highly doubt Mayhem 8 is going to be twice as difficult though, unless the gear difference is huge. I don't want regular enemies with only a health bar to take 20 seconds to kill each.

It's just your build / gear. I can assure you with the right stuff mayhem 4 is a joke and the increased difficulty is needed.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
With adding more Mayhem levels they really really need to add a server browser and let us choose more specific matchmaking options like "match with people of any mayhem level"or something

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Havent played since finishing the Moxxi DLC, excited to jump back in and grind some numbers for a bit

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty big patch along with the DLC. I started the DLC and then had to get back to work. I'm enjoying it so far and just got to lvl 54.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone know what the little purple buff icon is to the left of the exp bar?

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the new mayhem levels launched with this, so far I'm digging it but not really being challenged. I felt like my first run through the last dlc kicked my ass.