- Dec 28, 2017
The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure. Blast your way through new worlds and enemies as one of four brand new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. Play solo or join with friends to take on insane enemies, collect loads of loot and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy. Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together they are unstoppable.
Borderlands 3 features bazillions of guns, courtesy of the same reputable manufacturers that Vault Hunters like you have been trusting to tool them up since forever. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.
MEET THE FAMILY:
Out to save the galaxy in Borderlands 3 are four all-new Vault Hunters, each more customizable than all their counterparts from previous games combined. Moze is a gunner who can digistruct and pilot a mech. Amara is a siren who can summon and smash enemies with ethereal fists. FL4K is a beastmaster whose pets prey upon bandits. And Zane is an operative who uses gadgets to cause chaos on the battlefield.
- Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup, she digistructs her mech - Iron Bear - for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as THE BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master's every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as THE OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
IT'S NOT THEIR VAULT:
Your enemies in Borderlands 3 represent the very worst that this untamed corner of the galaxy has to offer. Psychos, skags, and super badasses of all shapes and sizes will do everything in their power to stop you, and they're smart enough to seek cover, to support each other, and to coordinate their attacks. Look out!
CHAOS IN THE COSMOS:
THE CALYPSO TWINS:
CHILDREN OF THE VAULT:
- Cross-play potentially leaked between Xbox One and PC (Epic Games Store), 2K and Gearbox are currently in talks about this
- Jesper Kyd back to compose
- Ashley Burch will reprise her role as Tiny Tina
- Gameplay reveal event set for May 1st
- The game will have the option to switch between the new instanced loot system or the classic one
- Split-screen couch co-op will be there day one
- Multiple planets
- Set five years after Borderlands 2
- Each vault hunter has multiple action skills
- Children of the Vault (cult headed by the Calpyso Twins) will be replacing bandits/scavs as the default human mob
- Children of the Vault have their own weapon brand, no more bandit and scav weapons
- Sanctuary 3 will serve as the hub environment to which you travel to different planets
- Multiple vaults
- There will be changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats
- Nuclear/Radiation are in
- No melee weapons
- You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts
- NPCs can revive you if you get close
- FL4K's action skills allow them to summon multiple beasts at once (the AI for this is why the announcement got delayed from Oct 2018 to March 2019)
- Zane's action skills consists of him using different gadgets
- Moze's bear mech can be used by other players
- You can slide on-foot
- Tedidore guns are explode into MIRV rockets
- Refill all ammo button added to vending machines
- Zane can use two action skills at once
- Item of the day deals appear on the vending machines without having to click in
- Borderlands 3 is bigger than all the other Borderlands games
- More boss fights than any of the previous games
- Destructible environments
- Some guns have alt fire modes
- Gore is back
- Guns have ratings like light levels from Destiny
- New gun manufacturers
- Map is now 3D
- Radiation explodes enemies as they die
- Meleeing barrels launches them forward
- Player character is voiced like Pre-Sequel
- Gun manufacturers have their own new gimmick (Atlas has tracking darts)
- Loot lost and found has been added. It will grab loot that lands in unreachable places
- You have player quarters themed to your vault hunter that can be modified with decorations and features
- Marcus is taking over for Crazy Earl as the upgrade merchant (Costs cash to upgrade)
- Moxxi is back as is her slot machines and tip jar
- Can go between planets at will
- Hammerlock gives missions to kill certain beasts and has a trophy room to display kills
- Elle runs the docking bay
- Crazy Earl is back with "Veteran Awards"
- Vehicles can be looked at in the bay
- Drop Pods get you to a planet
- Maliwan guns can change elements
- Cryo can be used to cool weapons
- Varkids are back
- Laser beams are back
- Campaign DLC planned
- Maliwan are trying to take over Atlas