• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So, according to bestbuy.ca the super deluxe edition has a steel book. That true? Only see that in articles for the collectors one.

I'm probably gonna go for the season pass included version this time, instead of getting it way after release and I'm basically over the game. Getting a steelbook makes it even better.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
So, according to bestbuy.ca the super deluxe edition has a steel book. That true? Only see that in articles for the collectors one.

I'm probably gonna go for the season pass included version this time, instead of getting it way after release and I'm basically over the game. Getting a steelbook makes it even better.
yes. artwork for it has not been reveled though.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really don't trust Gearbox to pull off level scaling properly. It's a huge task that basically no developer has ever done right before. It's pretty much made every recent RPG worse.

Glad to see instanced loot though. That checks off one of the things I wanted to see.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The OP mentions no ice, slag, or laser weapons but I'm like 95% sure those showed up in the reveal trailer?

V4lhDuH.jpg
Fuck yeah, I was going to be pissy about them removing ice. But I am happy that is false

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Really don't trust Gearbox to pull off level scaling properly. It's a huge task that basically no developer has ever done right before. It's pretty much made every recent RPG worse.

Glad to see instanced loot though. That checks off one of the things I wanted to see.
Diablo 3 does a pretty good job of it i feel like. It's def my biggest worry though. I usually play through the game solo on my first play-through so I'm not too worried. I like the idea of it, in theory it's accessible and easier for people to play together, in practice it's easy to screw up. If anything I just hope this means the higher difficulty playthroughs are better balanced cause the level scaling was kinda busted in UVHM.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

Wait for real? I was so hoping for a Steelbook :D

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo 3 does a pretty good job of it i feel like. It's def my biggest worry though. I usually play through the game solo on my first play-through so I'm not too worried. I like the idea of it, in theory it's accessible and easier for people to play together, in practice it's easy to screw up. If anything I just hope this means the higher difficulty playthroughs are better balanced cause the level scaling was kinda busted in UVHM.
It's been awhile since I've played Diablo 3, but iirc, they didn't pull it off all that well. It was real easy to exploit the fact that you could join a real high level player's lobby as a low level player, and level up quick as fuck (like max level in less than an hour or whatever).

They did end-game well though as far as I remember.

Games like Anthem, Destiny, World of Warcraft, etc... Do an absolutely shitty job of it though.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see the skill trees and all the abilities for the different characters.

For the first time I don't think there's a single one I don't want to try out.

Borderlands 1 I barely used Brick or the guy with the bird. Brick was OK, but I didn't really like doing melee since it's takes away from the loot aspect of the game. And the Bird guy I didn't get far enough into it for his power to be useful at all.

Borderlands 2 I don't think I ever tried Zer0 (melee again, and he seemed better in co-op than single player from what I could tell), and the Siren's power also seemed weak in single player (at least at lower levels) and more of a benefit to co-op, and Krieg I forget if I tried him out ever.

But Borderlands 3 I don't know of them having multiple abilities, or if they just all look fun, but ever character shown so far looks great.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So the loot chest edition does not have any dlc you can only get in that edition right? The $100 edition should come with everything? And the gold weapons are available pretty much everywhere it looks like. I'll probably get the $100 one. I still have the loot chest from 2

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
All the characters look so good this time! BL1 and 2 both had characters that I never felt like tryying out, like Brick and Salvador. The gun manufacturer changes also look really good, and are indicative of a fresh experience.
I can't wait for the skill tree calculator to go online.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
It's been awhile since I've played Diablo 3, but iirc, they didn't pull it off all that well. It was real easy to exploit the fact that you could join a real high level player's lobby as a low level player, and level up quick as fuck (like max level in less than an hour or whatever).

They did end-game well though as far as I remember.

Games like Anthem, Destiny, World of Warcraft, etc... Do an absolutely shitty job of it though.
yes Diablo 3 didn't scale XP so leveling new accounts was stupid broke, but damage wise it felt right, if you were under leveled you needed good equipment otherwise you were at a disadvantage but it felt fair. Destiny scaling is different. it scales higher players down by capping damage output which doesnt feel great in an RPG.

So the loot chest edition does not have any dlc you can only get in that edition right? The $100 edition should come with everything? And the gold weapons are available pretty much everywhere it looks like. I'll probably get the $100 one. I still have the loot chest from 2
Correct the Loot chest colelctors edition is the super deluxe version with bonus real world collectibles. the golden weapon skins are from any pre-order through partnered storefronts.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of that sounds really great, and makes the wait for September even harder.

Thanks for compiling all of this OP.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
I see that Couch Co-op on PC is listed in the OP. Does anyone know where that confirmation came from? Awesome if true!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only element I don't want them to bring back is Slag. I read some hearsay that Moze is supposed to have an ability that emulates the effect, I'd be fine with just having that.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Will the game have independant loot for each player or will we still see the same guns? Had plenty of issues with loot ninjas over the years and diablo/guildwars2 have spoiled me on independent pools.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
latest

Huh. I thought she was just one of the enforcers to the real villain. It's been so long since I played 1.

She was technically second in command to General Knoxx, who was only revealed in the DLC of the same name as a bigger antagonist within the Crimson Lance.

Steele was certainly a joke of an antagonist that went out hilariously.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope common ARs return to viable form, found them pretty useless (especially in comparison to SMGs) in 2 and TPS.

Please have replayable audio recordings again too.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Might want to wait on that reaction. Each character has multiple action skills so I can't see her being worse. Amara even has Phaselock too so she should definitely be more well rounded than Maya. Seems likes mix of Lilith and Maya from what I've seen and read so far.
I'll wait to see it fully in action before I make my final judgment. I just made an impression based on the info in the OP.

This is a horrendous take. Res skill alone makes her crucial for team play, but everything about phaselock is awesome.
I've always loved the original Siren's ability of just turning invisible and becoming a whirlwind of destruction. Phaselock was very passive in comparison. It was like playing a Jedi game (like Jedi Academy or Force Unleashed) with only one power. Didn't feel unique or fun to me.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just need to know if Maliwan can make shotguns. I need to know if comical gore from BL1 is returning. And, I need to know if alien tech is also returning from BL1

This is all I care for, if the answer is no I will buy the first and play that.

I want heads exploding and whole bodies exploding with shotguns.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
This may be the first game where I don't roll a siren first round. I love amara, but something about moze just speaks to me.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
The reworked gun manufactures sound awesome. Still hope the ability to customize in and out different gun attachments isn't just for Vladof guns though.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Always thought Tediore guns should never have to be reloaded.

Just digistruct the bullets into the magazine before you can empty them lol

Also is it just me or do gold guns look like trash in 100% of games. Its always like one flat texture over the entire thing, it looks so cheap... who wants that lol

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
yo, all those different gun types and gun mods sound delicious asf.

think im set on going Moze for that mech action unless amara has some crazy skill trees.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Saw an instagram ad which had more new footage. Probs another trailer dropping soon focused on coop/crossplay
Damage numbers are scaled wayyyyy back from bl2, closer to bl1. (200s for damage at mid 20s)
Amara is confirmed to have her own phaselock. Which means multiple action skills is confirmed again.

Amara has phaselock, 6 arm thing, and possibly phase shift
Flak has each of his three pets as his own skills
Zane is invisibility, drone, and something else
Moze is getting in her own mech, having the mech have its own ai(might just be a skill), and pulling out a gatling gun

Edit: just noticed the offical youtube channel said to tune in may 1st for the gameplay reveal. Cant wait for uncut gameplay

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Amara for main/everything
Moze seems like a good second/co-op character.
Females first!

Fl4k seems cool, but they really need to nail the AI on his pets which was rumored to be a problem.

Not feeling Zane at all right now, but they really haven't shown much of anything from him yet.

rein

Apr 16, 2018
I never expected to be this hyped for BL3, but honestly no other franchise gets the loot right like Borderlands (maybe Diablo 3?). From what I've seen they seem to understand what fans want and genuinely love the game they're building.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I see that Couch Co-op on PC is listed in the OP. Does anyone know where that confirmation came from? Awesome if true!
I too would like a confirmation.

though for better or worse I guess I don't have to worry about temptation anymore since the $250 version of the game is sold out on the 2k store lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.