• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
oh man his hunter capstone gives him Nisha's tombstone ability

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So all the media had implied that Fl4k has all the pets out at once, but the skill trees seem to show otherwise. I heven't had time to really dig into them, but you get one pet per skill tree, right? That's a little disappointing, I admit. I was hoping for mass chaos with pets everywhere - like the trailer.

Oct 26, 2017
FL4K seems like the most interesting character out of the four so far, in terms of gameplay. I'll be interested in speccing FL4K in the green and red skill trees.

Not sure if I want to start with Amara or FL4K currently.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So all the media had implied that Fl4k has all the pets out at once, but the skill trees seem to show otherwise. I heven't had time to really dig into them, but you get one pet per skill tree, right? That's a little disappointing, I admit. I was hoping for mass chaos with pets everywhere - like the trailer.
Yeah me too.

You only have one pet out at a time along with one action skill at a time. The pet has 2 possible upgrades to choose from and select and the action skill has 4 possible upgrades, you can equip 2 at once. Going into a second tree will only be worth it for the skills you buy, not the action skill, pet or augments.

:(

Edit: The blue action skill is basically Zer0's action skill with some of the buffs already purchased and the red action skill is basically Bloodwing with some of the buffs already purchased. Green action skill is kinda brand new to the series and is definitely the one I'd be going down first.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the pets are separate from the action skills, meaning we can have one pet out with us at all times. That's pretty cool. I was expecting the pets to be the action skills.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Fl4ks hidden machine skill in the blue skilltree a mistake? Did they forget to add a % sign? Otherwise this is the worst skill ever lol.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
FL4K has always going to be my first choice in BL3. They're a robot/ai which is totally my jam. Some of their skill trees are awesome too. Going to have to carefully try to figure out which tree I go down first.

FL4K will be my co-op character with my friends, then going Amara for my solo playthrough. I will likely go back sometime in 2020 to play as Zane and Moze.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
With all the character info out, I'm definitely going with Moze! Maybe FL4K in another playthrough.
What weapons were you thinking? The splash tree sounds super interesting to me but I don't know how much if any the grenade bonuses apply to the rocket launchers.

I think I'm still set on Amara but I'm torn between her Projection skill or her Slam skill

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
All the character murals:

zane_1364x2046.jpg

moze-mural_1364x2046.jpg

amara-mural_1364x2046.jpg

fl4k_mural--1364x2046.jpg

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
What weapons were you thinking? The splash tree sounds super interesting to me but I don't know how much if any the grenade bonuses apply to the rocket launchers.

I think I'm still set on Amara but I'm torn between her Projection skill or her Slam skill
Definitely grenade launcher and rail gun. Which one is the "splash tree"? I'll definitely be maxing out the "Demolition Woman" tree first!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FL4K looks really fun, I'm still doing Zane for my first playthrough but I'm excited to play through the game as everyone else too.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Definitely grenade launcher and rail gun. Which one is the "splash tree"? I'll definitely be maxing out the "Demolition Woman" tree first!
The demolition woman tree is the splash tree yeah.

And I was thinking either the grenade launcher and the rocket pods for absurd explosions or dual miniguns for maximum dakka.

But she has 6(!) mech weapons all with 3 augments each. Definitely more interesting than past Soldier classes.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA

I don't think grenade bonuses will apply to launchers, but the Demolition Woman and Bottomless Mags trees should make a great launcher spam build for endgame. I really hope Topneaas still exist

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't think grenade bonuses will apply to launchers, but the Demolition Woman and Bottomless Mags trees should make a great launcher spam build for endgame. I really hope Topneaas still exist
Yeah the awkward disconnect between Moze buffs and Iron Bear buffs means that she'll prolly be the character I max out last.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I legit want to play everyone. Never did so on previous games.

Yep. All of these characters sound amazing. I am absolutely going to play them all at some point. All of them look like they have the potential to be powerful on paper.

I think I am ultimately going Amara first instead of Moze. There is just so many different ways you can play Moze that I'm just too overwhelmed. I'll keep things simple on the first run as Amara and then do my second run with Moze when I have a better understanding of what I'm up against throughout the game.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure? Seems like most people gravitate toward human characters, and don't want to play as aliens, robots, AI, etc.
Hm maybe, I just think his pets and skilltrees with them are the most interesting. Like a lot of the slots count for every pet, no matter the skilltree. All of them are pretty great though.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yep. All of these characters sound amazing. I am absolutely going to play them all at some point.

I think I am ultimately going Amara first instead of Moze. There is just so many different ways you can play Moze that I'm just too overwhelm. Think I'll keep things simple on the first run as Amara and then do my second run with Moze when I have a better understanding of what I'm up against throughout the game.
Amara has 11 different action skills lol

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Yeah Fl4k seems straight up broken in terms of burst damage, especially with the damage buff given by the pet

Also he sounds kinda badass, definitely going with him. Can't stand the other 3 lol

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I never really got into the previous games too deep but I am excited for this new one. The environment variety is one of the big things calling my attention.

I think I'll be going for Moze. The idea of that character sounds fun.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I really hope they ape the D3 armory system because i wanna have two vastly different amara builds (melee hybrid and up close/elemental goddess) but manually respeccing each time will be a pain

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the awkward disconnect between Moze buffs and Iron Bear buffs means that she'll prolly be the character I max out last.
Wait... Moze's heat meter is only for Iron Bear no? Because miniguns can deal more damage the more heat you have. So when the "Matched Set" skill says "Moze's currently equipped weapon gains a stacking bonus to magazine size and decreased heat per shot for every equipped piece of gear that is a matching manufacturer", doesn't the heat reduction refer to Iron Bear's heat even though he isn't mentioned?

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Oh holy shit so Fl4k can have one pet AND a charmed enemy AND use a rift AND tediore stuff on top of having a singularity pulling enemies together at one spot

Yeeeee that sounds pretty fun. Green + red trees looks pretty sick

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wait... Moze's heat meter is only for Iron Bear no? Because miniguns can deal more damage the more heat you have. So when the "Matched Set" skill says "Moze's currently equipped weapon gains a stacking bonus to magazine size and decreased heat per shot for every equipped piece of gear that is a matching manufacturer", doesn't the heat reduction refer to Iron Bear's heat even though he isn't mentioned?
Yeah like some buff both but there are a lot of skills (grenade specific buffs, magazine buffs, ammo regen buffs etc. Etc.) That are all useless when you're in the mech.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Amara has 11 different action skills lol

Yeah, but for Amara I've already zoned into the exact build and play style I want: Spamming phasecast and meleeing enemies for days for a shit ton of damage. I'm only choosing between four action skills with Mystical Assault. Not to mention I don't really care for her elemental tree.

But for Moze, I am interested in all three of her trees and a lot of Iron Bear's weapons. It's tough for me, bruv.

Status
Not open for further replies.