• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Chances that the season pass is at least $40? Trying to decide whether or not to pre-order the Super Deluxe Edition or the Regular and purchase the season pass later. While I don't really care about the cosmetics too much, if the combined price of the regular edition + season pass equals the pre-order price of the Super Deluxe Edition (I know it goes up $20 once the game releases), then I may as well take the extras now.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chances that the season pass is at least $40? Trying to decide whether or not to pre-order the Super Deluxe Edition or the Regular and purchase the season pass later. While I don't really care about the cosmetics too much, if the combined price of the regular edition + season pass equals the pre-order price of the Super Deluxe Edition (I know it goes up $20 once the game releases), then I may as well take the extras now.
Since it'll be 4 major DLCs the bare minimum I could see it being would be $40. Some think that they might be $12-15 each (If they're the size of Tiny Tina's then even that's a pretty solid deal, IMO), so I suspect it'll be a better deal to get the Super Deluxe Edition.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I love everything about Fl4k except for his gamma burst action skill which is a shame becuase I really want to go all in on the Skag tree at launch.

..But I really want that damn stealth or rakk ability.

Fuck.

Going to be fiddling with the skill trees on the website until the very last minute.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019

in theory each dlc is worth 15€ on its own

so yeah. Also in the past they released character level limit as separate dlcs (5€ each or something)

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I love everything about Fl4k except for his gamma burst action skill which is a shame becuase I really want to go all in on the Skag tree at launch.

..But I really want that damn stealth or rakk ability.

Fuck.

Going to be fiddling with the skill trees on the website until the very last minute.

I haven't been following along too closely, but I'll be playing as Fl4k. Is that tree supposed to suck? I wanted the skag

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been following along too closely, but I'll be playing as Fl4k. Is that tree supposed to suck? I wanted the skag
No, the Master tree actually looks great for buffing up your pet and building synergy between it and Fl4k.

Just don't really want the action skill associated with it. I could use cloak or pocket rakk instead and just focus on Master tree but I wouldn't be able to buff up the rakk or cloak action skill since Master only unlocks new option for gamma bursts so its tough for me.

I don't really want to divide my first playthrough between two skill trees but I might have to.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The gama burst skill got some really powerful health regen / damage buffs augments .
The problem is all skill trees seems so viable, making it so much harder for me to choose a character / build . I wish some of them sucked more . would have been easyer to choose by elimination atleast .

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand putting so much thought into who's going to be the best at certain things at end game and trying to Min-max everything already, and creating builds that do the most damage. Just play who you want and enjoy the game, worry about end game maxing when it comes time for that.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand putting so much thought into who's going to be the best at certain things at end game and trying to Min-max everything already, and creating builds that do the most damage. Just play who you want and enjoy the game, worry about end game maxing when it comes time for that.
Especially since they'll likely tweak things in the first few weeks.
Do we know when the OT will go up?

Oct 25, 2017
No, the Master tree actually looks great for buffing up your pet and building synergy between it and Fl4k.

Just don't really want the action skill associated with it. I could use cloak or pocket rakk instead and just focus on Master tree but I wouldn't be able to buff up the rakk or cloak action skill since Master only unlocks new option for gamma bursts so its tough for me.

I don't really want to divide my first playthrough between two skill trees but I might have to.

In an interview with a Gearbox game designer he said they designed the skill trees in a way that just filling out one tree would not necessarily be optimal and they put really good skills fairly early in all the the trees to actively make it a hard choice to do what you want to do.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is basically my Amara build.

Full melee with some rush and elemental damage. My punches will melt your face off and build up to even bigger punches that come out of the ground and melt all of the faces off.

reid23

Oct 27, 2017
GameStop lists the Season Pass as $50.

reid23

Oct 27, 2017
Buying Super Deluxe now is $100, getting Standard + Pass later would be $110, getting Super Deluxe later would be $120. If you know you want the DLCs the best value is to get Super Deluxe now.

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up for UK based people. The Super Deluxe edition is exclusive to Game and is listed for £89.99 on the site, but when I popped in store to preorder today (they're selling them at 9pm on the 12th) The assistant said it was only £84.99, so may be worth checking out your local store. I assume it varies.
Also, you get a free psycho mask for preordering, it's super cheap looking but good for a laugh.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Few short days to go. Ended up getting the super deluxe version on the playstation store while cancelling the deluxe version I had vis Amazon.

Want to play this game at midnight uk time.

Hyped!

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone bought the digital version on 2k Store? When should we expect to get the activation code? I hope it's before September 13rd so I can start preloading and maybe play on the evening of the 12nd.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I just realized that the game comes out this week (thought it was the end of the month)! My wallet (and my wife) are gonna kill me since I'm gonna pick up Greedfall too. Plus the Genesis Mini next week...ooh boy.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
It shouldnt shock anyone if BL3 is well received . It looks like exactly the game BL fans want, an evolution of 2 rather then some game as service trend-chaser .

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am expecting high eighties They have made a lot on improvements.

When do the reviews go live?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been keeping track on this game. I've been pretty much "media dark" since the 40-ish minutes gameplay months ago when we first learned about instanced loots and whatnot.

But man...I'm so excited for this friday, my SO's on vacation too so we'll be able to play a LOT.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So what are we predicting for review scores? I'm saying 88+. I think it shocks all the doubters later this morning.
There's no reason to expect anything under an 88 tbh. Those saying so either haven't been keeping up with the game or have an agenda against it because of Randy/2K despite the insane amount of effort put in by the cool folks from Gearbox Texas and Quebec who have no say in these matters.

I am expecting high eighties They have made a lot on improvements.

When do the reviews go live?
7 AM Pacific. I'll get the review thread up at some point.

t1568037600z4.png

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to expect anything under an 88 tbh. Those saying so either haven't been keeping up with the game or have an agenda against it because of Randy/2K despite the insane amount of effort put in by the cool folks from Gearbox Texas and Quebec who have no say in these matters.
>.>
I haven't been watching everything (I've seen a decent chunk though) but I personally think the game looks like a 9.5/10 from what I've seen. I'm still sticking with an 85. Not everyone who reviews the game will be a huge borderlands fan. Some will actually go into it expecting/wanting Destiny instead. The humor will clash with some. And it's completely possible that some of the reviewers will let the EGS/Randy stuff affect their scores.

It doesn't matter to me much either way. The game will be in my home at the end of the week whether the meta is 88 or 8 :P

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Heads up for UK based people. The Super Deluxe edition is exclusive to Game and is listed for £89.99 on the site, but when I popped in store to preorder today (they're selling them at 9pm on the 12th) The assistant said it was only £84.99, so may be worth checking out your local store. I assume it varies.
Also, you get a free psycho mask for preordering, it's super cheap looking but good for a laugh.
Also you can prepurchase in select stores Wednesday then pick it up at 9pm on Thursday

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
In 6 hours more or less

7 AM Pacific. I'll get the review thread up at some point.

t1568037600z4.png
Thank you. Just at my lunch time. Perfect timing.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking, where in the game will we be able to collect all your free loot? I have all the preorder dlc with the ultimate digital deluxe and all the weapons from the Vip thing. I hope once we get to Sanctuary 3 or someplace to store them in the beginning.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the reviews later today. Feeling confident about this one.

Any MC guesses? I'm gonna go with 85 but I hope for higher lol

Status
Not open for further replies.