• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just waiting for the super deluxe edition to become available for pre order on Amazon UK as that has the season pass included.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
So if the rumor about delaying the game due to jank pet AI is true, then I wonder how much stuff they're cramming into this game. Seems like a 6 month delay if it was supposed to be revealed at game awards. Hoping for at least 3-4 raid bosses at launch. And it seems like the first DLC will probably drop relatively quickly too

Just dear god, stop making raid boss difficulty unavoidable nova spamming. Or attacks so large and fast you can't dodge them

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Pre ordered the deluxe edition already, just hope they out more than 2 characters in the future dlc

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Pre ordered the deluxe edition already, just hope they out more than 2 characters in the future dlc
There's rumors of DLC sesasons, so it's possible

I like the idea someone had where you can take past game's vault hunters with you on quests if you play with less than 4 people. Having some AI buddies would be fun. It'd also be great way to simulate 4 player difficulty without 4 friends

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So if the rumor about delaying the game due to jank pet AI is true, then I wonder how much stuff they're cramming into this game. Seems like a 6 month delay if it was supposed to be revealed at game awards. Hoping for at least 3-4 raid bosses at launch. And it seems like the first DLC will probably drop relatively quickly too

Just dear god, stop making raid boss difficulty unavoidable nova spamming. Or attacks so large and fast you can't dodge them
Yep

Tried to fight hyperius the other day and even beehawking him down took a few minutes and then i lost at the very end because of 2 nova attacks and 0 second winds available.

I hope they completely change the revive system for solo players, health gating system, way they handle unique quest rewards and multiple playthroughs.

I doubt it for a few of them though because they're minor endgame core complaints.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Yep

Tried to fight hyperius the other day and even beehawking him down took a few minutes and then i lost at the very end because of 2 nova attacks and 0 second winds available.

I hope they completely change the revive system for solo players, health gating system, way they handle unique quest rewards and multiple playthroughs.

I doubt it for a few of them though because they're minor endgame core complaints.
For hyperius I literally had to get a shield which instantly recharged to full between novas for the first few fights. After those runs I just abused health gating with grog nozzle and unkempt harold switching. Needs to be more like crawmerax in 1 where it's just a frantic fight with aiming skill being a factor. Rather than gear checks

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
For hyperius I literally had to get a shield which instantly recharged to full between novas for the first few fights. After those runs I just abused health gating with grog nozzle and unkempt harold switching. Needs to be more like crawmerax in 1 where it's just a frantic fight with aiming skill being a factor. Rather than gear checks
I hate the entire idea of moxxi weapons in 2 honestly and hate even more that they're necessary and hate even more that the best one is a quest item that you can't turn in.

I may just try to grind OP levels and then try all raid bosses with op6+ gear on op0 lol.

Just to get 100% completion

Edit: oh also all the weapon switching glitches that exist. The game needs to be balanced around not doing that stuff.

Last edited:

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
There's rumors of DLC sesasons, so it's possible

I like the idea someone had where you can take past game's vault hunters with you on quests if you play with less than 4 people. Having some AI buddies would be fun. It'd also be great way to simulate 4 player difficulty without 4 friends
That would be a great idea for solo play

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the entire idea of moxxi weapons in 2 honestly and hate even more that they're necessary and hate even more that the best one is a quest item that you can't turn in.

I may just try to grind OP levels and then try all raid bosses with op6+ gear on op0 lol.

Just to get 100% completion

Edit: oh also all the weapon switching glitches that exist. The game needs to be balanced around not doing that stuff.
I think the concept of healing yourself with a gun is fine, but some of the moxxi weapons went overboard. I'd also like to see stuff like the bee shield not return in 3.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think the concept of healing yourself with a gun is fine, but some of the moxxi weapons went overboard. I'd also like to see stuff the like the bee shield not return in 3.
Yeah the bee needs to go. Fine in theory but the combination with unlisted pellets brings it into absurd territory and then the game is balanced around that at high levels.

Also I think moxxi weapons would be fine if 1) the grog nozzle didnt exist and 2) you only get health from damage you do with the specific weapon.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
D3thiZpUYAEb5yf.jpg

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know how to download the PS4 theme from the EU store when you preorder?
I preordered the game on the store but I can't find the theme anywhere.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well that's shit!! It's available straight away when you order it on the US store

Yep, it probably was used before as in europe you would only get charged once preload is active, so to make sure you don't use the preorder bonuses and then simply cancel the preorder again. Once they changed it to charge the customer immediately at the point of preorder I was sure they'd at least make the bonus stuff available immediately, but they just kept it like that. Another thing to note is that when I preordered Sekiro recently, they simply forgot to activate the theme and had to send an apology and added it to the account a couple days late.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I think the concept of healing yourself with a gun is fine, but some of the moxxi weapons went overboard. I'd also like to see stuff like the bee shield not return in 3.

The Bee's existence mixed with slag's existence informed their decisions on how many hitpoints bosses in general had. Was really annoying.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why are y'all playing with unscrupulous randos lol

I did it all the time back then in BL1 because I found it fun.

Ended up with a number of modded gear as a result. Gave up most of it because, you know, shit was absurdly powerful, but I kept one class mod around that was simply called "Rose". Was such a good class mod I named my Lilith "Rose" as well.

Those were good days.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Been awhile since i've been in this thread.
Kind of shocked this isn't a game as service, like borderlands would have the best bet in that destiny market I think
It is, it's just not a live service game. DLC season Pass is a continued revenue stream and therefore qualifies it as a game as a service title. It's not a live service game because it can be played offline.
These ads with the leaks
erMISvz.jpg

sneak peek of the UI, damage numbers probably blown up for advertising and minimap a work in progress. Looks like you switch between skills instead of having them all available. Was hoping they would just copy fornite save the world for skill layout

People found some morse code on the offical twitch channel, talking about who the destroyer is and where the first vault hunter is.
UI looking fresh, mini-map could use some work. the map in general is supposed to be more like the map in DOOM (2016), 3D according to SupMatto.
Also as far as we know Amara doesn't actually have phaselock and that could just be a grenade or gun.
? she can suspend enemies in the air with an ethereal hand though. my guess is it's one of a few action skills she can have. she can ground pound is another we've seen.

hard to say, it's been in development for years now and the pet ai and mech seem to be the only things that were giving them trouble. How long of a campaign are people expecting? i think you should only expect 1, maybe 2 raid bosses at launch. I believe the team is putting in a lot of work on boss encounters in general so I'd rather have 1 really unique fight with attack patterns and stages of a fight with maybe some mechanics involved instead of the usual "shoot the weak spots and keep moving."

i've heard there's a bigger emphasis on movement and traversal in BL3, we've seen sliding but i wouldn't be surprised to see ledge grabbing, maps should supposedly be more vertical this time around. would like to see rocket jumping just be a thing you can do without penalty. would also like skills or equipment that can modify movement and sliding speed.

May 1st can't come soon enough, need to see the menus to see how deep and how customization works (what are weapon trinkets? what's an echo device skin?), need to see how the skill tree actually works and how deep it actually is. Are there more character specific customization options? thought i saw something about how just one character has more customization than all other characters from the series combined. There's a rumor that you can show off your loot to other players in like a trophy case thing. need them deets.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
? she can suspend enemies in the air with an ethereal hand though. my guess is it's one of a few action skills she can have. she can ground pound is another we've seen.
huh I wasn't aware, just saw the phaselock in the trailer.

thats cool and I love phaselock and I enjoyed ground pounding as well but it seems weird that 2 of her powers are from previous games. One as maya's ability and the other as a universal ability for all characters in the pre sequel.

which brings me to another point, ive only actually beaten the pre sequel once as athena and then got her to like level 47 and Im trying to complete at least one playthrough with the other characters and I just cant do it

- enemy variety is poor
- map variety is poor
- the levels are needlessly large, with mostly terrible layouts/no shortcuts
- lack of fast travel stations
- a ton of dialog that you need to sit around and wait for without actually doing anything to progress quests
- all the new friendly NPCs are annoying. Literally all of them. Pickle, Janey, Nina etc. they all suck
- so much needless backtracking
- the quest log and undiscovered quests on fast travel stations dont pop up like in BL2 so its easy to miss quests
- the main villain is just bad
- they recognized giving you your action skill earlier was better but than decided to give the 3rd and 4th weapon slots so hilariously late

All the amazing skill trees, cryo and laser weapons, double jumping, ground pounding and reactive dialog still can't make it worth playing through as much as BL2 or even close to it.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Been awhile since i've been in this thread.

It is, it's just not a live service game. DLC season Pass is a continued revenue stream and therefore qualifies it as a game as a service title. It's not a live service game because it can be played offline.

UI looking fresh, mini-map could use some work. the map in general is supposed to be more like the map in DOOM (2016), 3D according to SupMatto.

hard to say, it's been in development for years now and the pet ai and mech seem to be the only things that were giving them trouble. How long of a campaign are people expecting? i think you should only expect 1, maybe 2 raid bosses at launch. I believe the team is putting in a lot of work on boss encounters in general so I'd rather have 1 really unique fight with attack patterns and stages of a fight with maybe some mechanics involved instead of the usual "shoot the weak spots and keep moving."

i've heard there's a bigger emphasis on movement and traversal in BL3, we've seen sliding but i wouldn't be surprised to see ledge grabbing, maps should supposedly be more vertical this time around. would like to see rocket jumping just be a thing you can do without penalty. would also like skills or equipment that can modify movement and sliding speed.

May 1st can't come soon enough, need to see the menus to see how deep and how customization works (what are weapon trinkets? what's an echo device skin?), need to see how the skill tree actually works and how deep it actually is. Are there more character specific customization options? thought i saw something about how just one character has more customization than all other characters from the series combined. There's a rumor that you can show off your loot to other players in like a trophy case thing. need them deets.
I was thinking it'd be a longer than BL2's, so 35-40 hours for main story. Hoping for at least 2 raid bosses, having 1 would be disappointing. Also, i'd like to see them make the minimap more like path of exile's

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
huh I wasn't aware, just saw the phaselock in the trailer.

thats cool and I love phaselock and I enjoyed ground pounding as well but it seems weird that 2 of her powers are from previous games. One as maya's ability and the other as a universal ability for all characters in the pre sequel.

which brings me to another point, ive only actually beaten the pre sequel once as athena and then got her to like level 47 and Im trying to complete at least one playthrough with the other characters and I just cant do it

- enemy variety is poor
- map variety is poor
- the levels are needlessly large, with mostly terrible layouts/no shortcuts
- lack of fast travel stations
- a ton of dialog that you need to sit around and wait for without actually doing anything to progress quests
- all the new friendly NPCs are annoying. Literally all of them. Pickle, Janey, Nina etc. they all suck
- so much needless backtracking
- the quest log and undiscovered quests on fast travel stations dont pop up like in BL2 so its easy to miss quests
- the main villain is just bad
- they recognized giving you your action skill earlier was better but than decided to give the 3rd and 4th weapon slots so hilariously late

All the amazing skill trees, cryo and laser weapons, double jumping, ground pounding and reactive dialog still can't make it worth playing through as much as BL2 or even close to it.

I agree with all of this - and I've played through it 4 times because "it's more Borderlands".

Pickle is just the worst. It can't be said enough. Please please don't have Pickle in 3... unless he dies in some hilarious way.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking it'd be a longer than BL2's, so 35-40 hours for main story. Hoping for at least 2 raid bosses, having 1 would be disappointing. Also, i'd like to see them make the minimap more like path of exile's
i think thats a reasonable duration expectation for the story. BL2 only had 2 raid bosses at launch and 1 of those was an RNG spawn, I wouldn't count it as a true raid boss either because of it. having giant world bosses would be cool but i'd only expect 1 to have a mission tied to it. if they had one on each planet to fight though, that would be dope.

If by path of exile you mean you can pull it up bigger and play at the same time then yes I'd like that. Hidding objectives and taking up the whole screen but still not being able to see the full map even when max zoomed out? no. I'd be okay with at least a dedicated way to bring the map up instead of it being a tab in the menu. like swipe up on the touch pad to bring up the map kind of thing.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
nuclear/radiation confirmed
3R3YHYm.png

Minimap is probably very broken right now lol

Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I hope there is alot more ost tracks, playing 1 just now and the repetition is very grating and 2 is similar if I remember right. It's not a huge issue because I usually have spotify on for these games.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Same lol. Saw it last night and figured there was something in the environment I was missing.

So that's fire, shock, corrosion, ice, and radiation... wonder what rad'll do?
probably make enemies joypuke

hopefully it's not the new slag. i just see it having a status effect like ice. fire fights red bars, shock fights shields, corrosion fights armor/yellow bars, ice slows/freezes, radiation makes enemies sick but maybe some enemies get powered up by it. 20 days til we find out for sure.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
probably make enemies joypuke

hopefully it's not the new slag. i just see it having a status effect like ice. fire fights red bars, shock fights shields, corrosion fights armor/yellow bars, ice slows/freezes, radiation makes enemies sick but maybe some enemies get powered up by it. 20 days til we find out for sure.
Oooh, I like that. It'd be fun if Rad was sort of an all-purpose Goliath Headshot. Something that would make enemies mutate into Badasses and so on if you let the status effect linger.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
nuclear/radiation confirmed
3R3YHYm.png

Minimap is probably very broken right now lol
Follow up, i'm 90% sure on how controls will work after seeing this (looks like keyboard controls). Also, i'm pretty sure everything except hp/shield is not finalized haha
35qknp9ngir21.jpg

Hold "Y" to switch elements, change fire modes, use alt fire methods (change between shooting sniper rifle bullets to firing rockets from attachment), etc
Press Y to switch weapons normally
"X/A" will be jump/vault
Then there are two ways action skills can work:
  • hopefully (and i mean please dear god) holding down L1 THEN pressing either L2, R1, or R2 will activate one of your three action skills
  • Or pressing L1 will activate the action skill, but holding down L1 will cycle between them.
  • For both, pressing L1 again after activation ends the skill and refunds some cooldown (hopefully)

Also, FL4K probably has 4 pets they can use. A skag, monkey, rakks(?), and spiderant have all been shown in snippets. Plus, it would fit their name lmao.

I'm telling yall, if Flak can give their monkey one of their guns they're going to be the gunzerker of this game.

edit:
Other stuff, Flak is confirmed non-binary

And Amara is a lesbian

Last edited:

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Follow up, i'm 90% sure on how controls will work after seeing this (looks like keyboard controls). Also, i'm pretty sure everything except hp/shield is not finalized haha
35qknp9ngir21.jpg

Hold "Y" to switch elements, change fire modes, use alt fire methods (change between shooting sniper rifle bullets to firing rockets from attachment), etc
Press Y to switch weapons normally
"X/A" will be jump/vault
Then there are two ways action skills can work:
  • hopefully (and i mean please dear god) holding down L1 THEN pressing either L2, R1, or R2 will activate one of your three action skills
  • Or pressing L1 will activate the action skill, but holding down L1 will cycle between them.
  • For both, pressing L1 again after activation ends the skill and refunds some cooldown (hopefully)

Also, FL4K probably has 4 pets he can use. A skag, monkey, rakks(?), and spiderant have all been shown in snippets. Plus, it would fit his name lmao.

I'm telling yall, if Flak can give his monkey one his guns he's going to be the gunzerker of this game.
Yep i saw that on the trailer that one of fl4k pet was holding a gun, maybe we are going to be able to only give him a pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.