• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Diesel%2Fblog%2Fborderlands-3-announce%2FEGS_ProjectOak_Social_News-2560x1440-cc7d62ad3d972f9c4ea91882422f361c93b40728.jpg

j0YNi0U.png

The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure. Blast your way through new worlds and enemies as one of four brand new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. Play solo or join with friends to take on insane enemies, collect loads of loot and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy. Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together they are unstoppable.
Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone – no one misses out on loot.

BL3_2K_SS_07_y9042grtyuix.jpg

fI36NQ9.png
FRESH GUNS:
Borderlands 3 features bazillions of guns, courtesy of the same reputable manufacturers that Vault Hunters like you have been trusting to tool them up since forever. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.

BL3_2K_SS_02_y9042grtyuix.jpg

MEET THE FAMILY:
Out to save the galaxy in Borderlands 3 are four all-new Vault Hunters, each more customizable than all their counterparts from previous games combined. Moze is a gunner who can digistruct and pilot a mech. Amara is a siren who can summon and smash enemies with ethereal fists. FL4K is a beastmaster whose pets prey upon bandits. And Zane is an operative who uses gadgets to cause chaos on the battlefield.

choose-char-1.png
choose-char-3.png
choose-char-4.png
choose-char-2.png

• Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup, she digistructs her mech - Iron Bear - for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
  • Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
  • FL4K as THE BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master's every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
  • Zane as THE OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.

ZkP7hZS.png

kbspYsH9aBHQkzv5CUpQrn.jpg

features-vaulthunters.jpg

IT'S NOT THEIR VAULT:

Your enemies in Borderlands 3 represent the very worst that this untamed corner of the galaxy has to offer. Psychos, skags, and super badasses of all shapes and sizes will do everything in their power to stop you, and they're smart enough to seek cover, to support each other, and to coordinate their attacks. Look out!

features-enemies.jpg

borderlands_3_hi_rez-1.jpeg

Borderlands-3-interview-main.jpg

BL3_Reveal_Event_Screenshots_GroupCombat_Moze_Fl4k.jpg

CHAOS IN THE COSMOS:
Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!

features-universe.jpg

THE CALYPSO TWINS:
Stop the fanatical Troy and Tyreen from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy's ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down.

Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fcatnip%2FOak_AboutImage_SuperDeluxe-961x947-884127bc28ec837f0a1c2ff0955cbfb3df011def.png

BL3_2K_SS_04_y9042grtyuix.jpg

gALfpz8.png
ATLAS:
Step 1: Hit your enemies with tracker tags. Step 2: Unleash a hail of Smart Bullets that track towards your targets. Step 3: Loot!

mfg-atlas.jpg

VLADOF:
Augment these rapid-firing, ammo-hungry guns with under-barrel attachments including tasers, rocket tubes, and additional gun barrels.

mfg-vladof.jpg

MALIWAN:
Toggle between two elements, charge your weapon, and deal guaranteed elemental damage with your finger glued to the trigger.

mfg-maliwan.jpg

JAKOBS:
Deliver devastating critical hits to enemies' soft-and-sensitives, then joy-puke as your bullets ricochet towards other targets.

mfg-jakobs.jpg

TEDIORE:
Toss your gun like a grenade to reload, then watch it pursue a nearby enemy as a fully loaded version digistructs in your hand.

mfg-tediore.jpg

HYPERION:
Aim down the sights to take cover behind your weapon-mounted shield and keep your finger on the trigger for increased accuracy.

mfg-hyperion.jpg

TORGUE:
Switch between regular and sticky-projectile fire modes. Stickies do more damage if a bunch of them detonate on the same target.

mfg-torgue.jpg

DAHL:

Toggle between alternate fire modes depending on your play style, your predicament, and your predilection for bonus damage.

mfg-dahl.jpg

CHILDREN OF THE VAULT:

Enjoy uninterrupted damage-dealing courtesy of "infinite" ammo magazines, occasionally interrupted by unpredictable overheating.

mfg-cov.jpg

PsyaNcy.png

Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fcatnip%2Fhome%2FOak_GalleryImage_2-1440x810-6d5a1e5d85c198ea03ab3a729d2e21334ef57a83.jpg

Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fcatnip%2Fhome%2FOak_ComparisonInfographic_ENG-1068x601-b4285f3d057b81dc26b1c598566b17b31ab77d70.png

c8A1xtj.png

• Cross-play potentially leaked between Xbox One and PC (Epic Games Store), 2K and Gearbox are currently in talks about this
  • Jesper Kyd back to compose
  • Ashley Burch will reprise her role as Tiny Tina
  • Gameplay reveal event set for May 1st
  • The game will have the option to switch between the new instanced loot system or the classic one
  • Split-screen couch co-op will be there day one
  • Multiple planets
  • Set five years after Borderlands 2
  • Each vault hunter has multiple action skills
  • Children of the Vault (cult headed by the Calpyso Twins) will be replacing bandits/scavs as the default human mob
  • Children of the Vault have their own weapon brand, no more bandit and scav weapons
  • Sanctuary 3 will serve as the hub environment to which you travel to different planets
  • Multiple vaults
  • There will be changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats
  • Nuclear/Radiation are in
  • No melee weapons
  • You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts
  • NPCs can revive you if you get close
  • FL4K's action skills allow them to summon multiple beasts at once (the AI for this is why the announcement got delayed from Oct 2018 to March 2019)
  • Zane's action skills consists of him using different gadgets
  • Moze's bear mech can be used by other players
  • You can slide on-foot
UPDATE 1 (1/5/19 - Gameplay Reveal Event)

• Tedidore guns are explode into MIRV rockets
  • Refill all ammo button added to vending machines
  • Zane can use two action skills at once
  • Item of the day deals appear on the vending machines without having to click in
  • Borderlands 3 is bigger than all the other Borderlands games
  • More boss fights than any of the previous games
  • Destructible environments
  • Some guns have alt fire modes
  • Gore is back
  • Guns have ratings like light levels from Destiny
  • New gun manufacturers
  • Map is now 3D
  • Radiation explodes enemies as they die
  • Meleeing barrels launches them forward
  • Player character is voiced like Pre-Sequel
  • Gun manufacturers have their own new gimmick (Atlas has tracking darts)
  • Loot lost and found has been added. It will grab loot that lands in unreachable places
  • You have player quarters themed to your vault hunter that can be modified with decorations and features
  • Marcus is taking over for Crazy Earl as the upgrade merchant (Costs cash to upgrade)
  • Moxxi is back as is her slot machines and tip jar
  • Can go between planets at will
  • Hammerlock gives missions to kill certain beasts and has a trophy room to display kills
  • Elle runs the docking bay
  • Crazy Earl is back with "Veteran Awards"
  • Vehicles can be looked at in the bay
  • Drop Pods get you to a planet
  • Maliwan guns can change elements
  • Cryo can be used to cool weapons
  • Varkids are back
  • Laser beams are back
  • Campaign DLC planned
  • Maliwan are trying to take over Atlas

Last edited:

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
It's interesting they haven't mentioned dlc characters yet. I'm guessing we will get some of the original vault hunters but I'm wondering if we'd get to play as some of the characters we haven't yet like Tina? I want Marcus personally. Give him a skill where we can fire guns or useless mods at enemies or combine them into some Pandora's gun like dmc4.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I honestly think these are the best looking vault hunters yet.

squad-chars.png

highlights-bg.jpg

vip-characters.png

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I just need to know if Maliwan can make shotguns. I need to know if comical gore from BL1 is returning. And, I need to know if alien tech is also returning from BL1

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Character design in this game is the best of the series so far. Loving all the different play style possibilities with the guns too. Can't wait for this.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I like that this game seems to have bucked almost every recent trend from the past 5+ years, and is sticking true to the series formula.

On the other hand, this looks like a super standard sequel to a Borderlands game.

I'm excited to try it, but I have a feeling it doesn't have the biggest budget in the world. Or Gearbox was just so shook by Battleborn, the mandate from day one was "make a Borderlands game, and that's literally it"

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we can lay to rest now the notion that the game just looks like Borderlands 2.

Anyway, fuck yeah Jakobs.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
New direct feed screenshots. I feel this is the first time I can say Gearbox have absolutely nailed the aesthetic they've been going for since the original. You can already tell how much work PBR is putting in.

BL3_2K_SS_03_y9042grtyuix.jpg

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope it ends up being cross play across ps/xb/pc. Fortnite and soon Dauntless will be 2 games on EGS that are full cross play/account across all 3.

If BL3 ends up being the first HUGE AAA cross game for all, I'll shell out the big bucks for the more expensive editions.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This got missed in the other thread but god damn, this is actually a megaton

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
This got missed in the other thread but god damn, this is actually a megaton

This combined with buy all ammo button in bl1 remastered means theyre listening. Shit about to be lit

Yeap, knew thered be alt fire for guns. Thats awesome. I see theyre saving the 3 skills reveal for later

Oct 25, 2017
And people were legit saying this looks exactly like BL2, lmao.

Seriously though, I was going to play Fl4k but I'll try him later. I'm definitely starting with Amara.

Elementje

Dec 26, 2017
Wait a minute... The BL3 Collector's Edition doesn't include the game? My store says it doesn't... Hm looks like it's only at this store -_-

And I wish the 2 badguys were actually in the playable characters team :(

Last edited:

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
The 80$ delux edition comes with XP and loot drop boost mods. Ahm not this way Gearbox

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The Siren seems even worse than BL2's Siren which was a massive step down from BL1's Siren

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
New direct feed screenshots. I feel this is the first time I can say Gearbox have absolutely nailed the aesthetic they've been going for since the original. You can already tell how much work PBR is putting in.

BL3_2K_SS_03_y9042grtyuix.jpg

Damn, it's so much cleaner looking, looks like it could be a graphic novel. Hoping it looks like this on ps4 pro not just pc.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a meta gag where someone says "they dont feel real anymore" and they turn off his coloring and they're just black outlines. Which is easy to do based on their engine tech demo years ago

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
It hurts me but I can't drop 330CAD on collectors no matter how much I want to.

Am I crazy or does the Super Deluxe seem like a great deal based on previous BL DLC?

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a 60fps reveal trailer is indicative of consoles. BL2 does a great job hitting it on Pro with boost mode.

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I like that this game seems to have bucked almost every recent trend from the past 5+ years, and is sticking true to the series formula.

On the other hand, this looks like a super standard sequel to a Borderlands game.

I'm excited to try it, but I have a feeling it doesn't have the biggest budget in the world. Or Gearbox was just so shook by Battleborn, the mandate from day one was "make a Borderlands game, and that's literally it"

This looks AAA as fuck. Nothing indicates a low budget. Take Two has extremely high expectations for BL3 so I doubt funding was an issue at all.

Oct 25, 2017
The Siren seems even worse than BL2's Siren which was a massive step down from BL1's Siren

Might want to wait on that reaction. Each character has multiple action skills so I can't see her being worse. Amara even has Phaselock too so she should definitely be more well rounded than Maya. Seems likes mix of Lilith and Maya from what I've seen and read so far.

Damn, it's so much cleaner looking, looks like it could be a graphic novel. Hoping it looks like this on ps4 pro not just pc.

I'm sure it will look great, but I doubt it will be 60fps. It's basically open world. PS5 patch will be 60fps next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.