• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is a safe space right? I always felt like the stealth and sniper types didn't fit at all with the gameplay of borderlands.
Same. Doesn't help that snipers suck ass (especially in UVHM). I honestly don't know a single person that uses snipers in the first place. Kinda OT but RAGE 2 doesn't have any sniper rifles because Avalanche and id wanted to encourage more aggressive close-combat gameplay, rushing into enemies and using your abilities up-close to deal insane damage. That's kind of how I play Borderlands which is why I love Sal so much.

Still though, I think Asssassin as a class is kind of interesting in that the playstyle is completely different to the rest. Once you get in the groove with timings, it becomes really fun to play.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Doesn't help that snipers suck ass (especially in UVHM). I honestly don't know a single person that uses snipers in the first place. Kinda OT but RAGE 2 doesn't have any sniper rifles because Avalanche and id wanted to encourage more aggressive close-combat gameplay, rushing into enemies and using your abilities up-close to deal insane damage. That's kind of how I play Borderlands which is why I love Sal so much.

Still though, I think Asssassin as a class is kind of interesting in that the playstyle is completely different to the rest. Once you get in the groove with timings, it becomes really fun to play.
I will say that some snipers like the pimpernel was god damn ridiculous even without sniper perks.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So after getting back to Old Haven in BL1 I am just further reminded why BL1 is the best. Hopefully the city planet has a clustered slums area like this
The density, verticality, and platforming is just so rewarding and so more engaging than all of the flat infinite sight lines the rest of the game and entirety of BL2 is.

Also, seeing enemies rocking nova shields and other gear and grenades and killing them and those be the drops you get is like wtf are you doing wtf happened BL2. It is so rewarding! They better look long and hard at BL1 to ensure those features return. BL2 you were fighting to open chests, but BL1 has you seeking out enemy encounters to find good loot AS WELL as chests.

These Crimson Lance are like fighting yourself. Playing as Roland and this Badass throws his turret down after I throw mine. We both strafe in an attempt to get to cover and flank both lobbing our grenades simultaneously. It was sort of unreal and no other encounters in the game felt or feel like that.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I've said it before, I think getting what we got from Tales is much harder to do in a shlooter. The Tales series is all about story. If they didn't have good stories they would not have many games. Shooters don't need to have a good story or good writing. Of course it helps, but I don't think you can get what you got from Tales in BL3.

They're not shying away from taking Tales influences. Both Vaughn and Rhys were part of the promotional material and a pic of Fiona and Rhys is there on the info about BL3. I don't expect the same level of writing or story importance in BL3 by any means but i do expect a noticeable improvement over BL2 and TPS

So after getting back to Old Haven in BL1 I am just further reminded why BL1 is the best. Hopefully the city planet has a clustered slums area like this
The density, verticality, and platforming is just so rewarding and so more engaging than all of the flat infinite sight lines the rest of the game and entirety of BL2 is.

Also, seeing enemies rocking nova shields and other gear and grenades and killing them and those be the drops you get is like wtf are you doing wtf happened BL2. It is so rewarding! They better look long and hard at BL1 to ensure those features return. BL2 you were fighting to open chests, but BL1 has you seeking out enemy encounters to find good loot AS WELL as chests.

These Crimson Lance are like fighting yourself. Playing as Roland and this Badass throws his turret down after I throw mine. We both strafe in an attempt to get to cover and flank both lobbing our grenades simultaneously. It was sort of unreal and no other encounters in the game felt or feel like that.

My biggest unpopular desire is that they ignore most of BL2 and TPS and build upon BL1
As you said, the feeling of the game was so much better. Guns felt good to use. Old Haven is such a shakeup on your usual tactics that no other game after it managed to replicate (despite trying). The mystery of the guardians in any other game would be told outright to you but you only get a glimpse if you accept a sidequest for tannis (same with old haven where you can get there first by a sidequest from helena pearce) and it feels so weird and cool to get them as endgame enemies. Progression was fair and let you keep your stuff for a lot longer instead of playing useless big number games. If BL3 is BL1 on steroids i will be more than happy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Did not know that abour Rage 2, but that makes me more excited.
I mostly do sniper build, never had a problem with it. What makes you say that ?
Just seems with BL bombastic personality and combat that stealth and snipers are a bit of antithesis

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This is a safe space right? I always felt like the stealth and sniper types didn't fit at all with the gameplay of borderlands.

zer0 is my dude, but stealth makes absolutely no sense in a game built of giant open spaces with revolving-door monster closets.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
zer0 is my dude, but stealth makes absolutely no sense in a game built of giant open spaces with revolving-door monster closets.
Yeah the fact that you cant actually snipe from afar since enemies come in waves ala Dragon Age 2 is fair.

However that being said snipers are still great in the series and borderlands "stealth" is more "give a few seconds of respite to reposition and heal and whatnot" with Lilith and Zer0 so I'm fine with how it's implemented.

Edit: snipers do not suck in UVHM lmao, besides lending to one of the best raiding builds in the game (sniper zer0), they still output great damage and are generally better than all ARs and Revolvers. Plus there's the Lyuda and Pimpernel which are some of the best guns in the game, the latter especially.

Hell one of my favorite things to do is use Vladof snipers with Sal.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The a.i seems to have Spidey sense within any sort of medium distance, atleast that's how it felt but I've never really tried stealth. Even for the playthrough with zero last gen I just played him all out attack.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The a.i seems to have Spidey sense within any sort of medium distance, atleast that's how it felt but I've never really tried stealth. Even for the playthrough with zero last gen I just played him all out attack.
Yeah but deception is still useful to heal up, reposition, throw kunai to apply death mark and slag and get a damage boost coming out of it.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah but deception is still useful to heal up, reposition, throw kunai to apply death mark and slag and get a damage boost coming out of it.
Definitely, you're making me think I need to start a new zero run after bl1 hmmm. Him or sal.

I'm still really bummed they have never really replaced brick, instead spread his best stuff across different characters. Plus no characters ult has ever beaten punching fools to death in a huge chain for me.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Definitely, you're making me think I need to start a new zero run after bl1 hmmm. Him or sal.

I'm still really bummed they have never really replaced brick, instead spread his best stuff across different characters. Plus no characters ult has ever beaten punching fools to death in a huge chain for me.
I think Krieg is a much better designed character than Brick honestly.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go back to the gore and elemental effects of Borderlands 1 in comparison to Borderlands 2 (not played Pre-Sequel yet). In Borderlands 1 for example when you electrocuted an enemy their head would turn into a skull and then pop, you got none of that in Borderlands 2. As well as that you could actually remove heads, legs etc. In Borderlands 2 they either occasionally exploded into chunks (very occasionally) or just melted in environmental effects. Everything just felt toned down in comparison to 1.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Fl4k is not only confirmed to be a summoner, but an ACTUAL proper diablo-style summoner with multiple summons, not just 1?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Fl4k is not only confirmed to be a summoner, but an ACTUAL proper diablo-style summoner with multiple summons, not just 1?
He has 3 pets but who knows how many can be active at once.

I hope all 3 and his skills just emphasize which pets get buffs.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
He has 3 pets but who knows how many can be active at once.

I hope all 3 and his skills just emphasize which pets get buffs.
I'm not picking on you specifically, because a bunch of people are getting this wrong and it's wrong in the OP, but FL4K is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

LoR8YtH.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not picking on you specifically, because a bunch of people are getting this wrong and it's wrong in the OP, but FL4K is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

LoR8YtH.png
Is that confirmed? Because they don't use a pronoun for Moze either, could just be wording.

Either way I'm still under the impression FL4K is Loader-bot and that was a he.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is that confirmed? Because they don't use a pronoun for Moze either, could just be wording.

Either way I'm still under the impression FL4K is Loader-bot and that was a he.
They used "he" for Zane and Amara, and the phrasing on Moze's blurb didn't need a pronoun. FL4K's is the only one where a pronoun was called for and they went gender-neutral.

They're also a robot.

Oct 25, 2017

I use Pimpernel snipers in my standard load out. The unlisted projectiles do crazy damage with a Bee shield of you can get most of them to crit. And it's pretty easy to line shots up playing as Maya using Phaselock. I like sniping so hopefully they get buffed overall in BL3 though.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised there's not more gifs of the trailers and even more surpised that there's no press kit for the game (direct feed trailers) considering its 2k

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... Wasn't expecting what looks like more of the same. I'll reserve judgment until closer to launch, but this is definitely not the Diablo --> Diablo II style leap I was expecting and hoping for considering how long they have taken.

Can't believe they're still going with fixed characters.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh... Wasn't expecting what looks like more of the same. I'll reserve judgment until closer to launch, but this is definitely not the Diablo --> Diablo II style leap I was expecting and hoping for considering how long they have taken.

Can't believe they're still going with fixed characters.
Still don't see an issue with that. The story is about the Vault hunters no the player created custom character. This allows them to tell/craft the story and dialogue they say they want instead of going vague because of custom player characters.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
They probably won't but I would totally buy old hunters as DLC. Athena's shield is still the beeknees

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see non-gun manufacturers make one-off legendary weapons. Like anshin making a weapon. Could do something like more damage the more max health or shields you have

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see non-gun manufacturers make one-off legendary weapons. Like anshin making a weapon. Could do something like more damage the more max health or shields you have
They would have to be scalling, nothing worse then getting an awesome gun you really like and have to chunk it because damage isn't keeping up

yado

Oct 25, 2017
I remember sniping a lot in the first Borderlands with Mordecai, I'm not sure if the AI was the same in BL2 but it didn't feel fun anymore. It feels pointless when everyone within the vicinity immediately knows where you are after one shot.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
Zer0 is a surprisingly flexible character.

I've been leveling the Cunning tree, relying on close-range gunplay with a bit of melee and having a blast.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to drift away from the topic, but honest question here.

I started Borderlands 2 back when it was free on PS3 for PS+. Eventually I would try to play the game with three other groups of friends, going through the intro and being incredibly bored. I never got time to learn the mechanics, and my friends would take the good loot and run off ahead, while being idiots on the mic. I decided I needed to give the game a go on my own accord, so I made another separate file, just for my own time. But, I got bored immediately because I have seen this intro so many times. The furthest I got was Sanctuary. I dropped the game altogether then. A few years later, the Handsome Collection came out, and my friends pressured me to the point I bought it, willing to give the game another go, even though I didn't want to see Claptrap rescue me in the snow for the millionth time. Not even four player split-screen could save me, I got bored and nearly fell asleep.

Anyways, the hype for BL3 and the ultra HD pack releasing, I decided to give BL2 another go. On my own accord, playing around and figuring things out. I think the intro was just slow, but the game really opened up for me. I'm on chapter 8 now and am really loving it! I don't know what changed, but I am thinking my multiple groups and save files, with friends rushing through the game originally killed it for me.

I am really liking Borderlands 2 now, but am curious. Should I just wait for Borderlands 3, or finish 2? I am getting Judgement, Crash Team Racing and Control during the summer, so those games will keep me occupied till around September.

Should I finish BL2 or wait for BL3?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Sorry to drift away from the topic, but honest question here.

I started Borderlands 2 back when it was free on PS3 for PS+. Eventually I would try to play the game with three other groups of friends, going through the intro and being incredibly bored. I never got time to learn the mechanics, and my friends would take the good loot and run off ahead, while being idiots on the mic. I decided I needed to give the game a go on my own accord, so I made another separate file, just for my own time. But, I got bored immediately because I have seen this intro so many times. The furthest I got was Sanctuary. I dropped the game altogether then. A few years later, the Handsome Collection came out, and my friends pressured me to the point I bought it, willing to give the game another go, even though I didn't want to see Claptrap rescue me in the snow for the millionth time. Not even four player split-screen could save me, I got bored and nearly fell asleep.

Anyways, the hype for BL3 and the ultra HD pack releasing, I decided to give BL2 another go. On my own accord, playing around and figuring things out. I think the intro was just slow, but the game really opened up for me. I'm on chapter 8 now and am really loving it! I don't know what changed, but I am thinking my multiple groups and save files, with friends rushing through the game originally killed it for me.

I am really liking Borderlands 2 now, but am curious. Should I just wait for Borderlands 3, or finish 2? I am getting Judgement, Crash Team Racing and Control during the summer, so those games will keep me occupied till around September.

Should I finish BL2 or wait for BL3?
Finish 2 since 3 is a sequel. Also BL2 isnt that long and only one playthrough isn't the end of it because its a loot arpg lol

Also if you do all the sife content in one playthrough you'll be overleveled and thats not factoring in the DLC. I would do first playthrough + vanilla side quests then since the DLC scales id do the second playthrough doing each major DLC in order.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of what I want is just QOL things. Want a bigger backpack, better vault system, an improved inventory system.

I hope they increase movement speed and add a sliding mechanic. I think it would add some more to gameplay.

Also I never liked the eridium use to basic upgrades in 2. Rather see a rere material like that used for exotic weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.