• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
A lot of what I want is just QOL things. Want a bigger backpack, better vault system, an improved inventory system.

I hope they increase movement speed and add a sliding mechanic. I think it would add some more to gameplay.
Sliding mechanic already confirmed thank god.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of shocked this isn't a game as service, like borderlands would have the best bet in that destiny market I think

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Same. Doesn't help that snipers suck ass (especially in UVHM). I honestly don't know a single person that uses snipers in the first place. Kinda OT but RAGE 2 doesn't have any sniper rifles because Avalanche and id wanted to encourage more aggressive close-combat gameplay, rushing into enemies and using your abilities up-close to deal insane damage. That's kind of how I play Borderlands which is why I love Sal so much.

Still though, I think Asssassin as a class is kind of interesting in that the playstyle is completely different to the rest. Once you get in the groove with timings, it becomes really fun to play.

Wut
Did you ever chain reaction maya with a pimpernel? she could 1 shot bore.
Sniper zero is top 3 in OP builds

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Currently knee-deep in BL2, having a blast, missed this game a ton, the movement is clunkier than I remember though,

since we have pre-made characters, I am guessing there won't be instanced world with other vault hunters?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Currently knee-deep in BL2, having a blast, missed this game a ton, the movement is clunkier than I remember though,

since we have pre-made characters, I am guessing there won't be instanced world with other vault hunters?
Seems like it'll be traditional drop-in/drop-out 4 player co-op

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing the Presequel a little and man, early on, Nisha's action skill is stupid broken. Just pick up a 1sk-capable sniper and clear out an entire crowd of enemies.

Also, I think I figured out who the little girl with Maya in the trailer is... given the timeline, she'd be about the right age to be the Siren born immediately after Commendant Steel bit it in the first game. Always 6 in the universe, right? So I guess she got to Pandora and fell in with Maya.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, here's that small instagram ad I was talking about earlier. Seems like a cut from the gameplay trailer in may

Mao Rome

Dec 22, 2018

You can't plagiarize art style, you are influenced by it. In every art form (music, film, fine art, etc.) artists borrow themes and styles from other artists they admire. I think we can agree that a video game series that has spanned 5 entries with over 200 hours of content (script, story, art assets, gameplay) cannot be accused of plagiarizing a 9 minutes short because it's visual style is similar. Inspiration? yes, reference? yes, but not plagiarism.

Oct 26, 2017
Also i hope they put up Skill Calculators for BL3 before launch too, i aint choosing my class before seeing them builds.
They did this for previous games so the chances are good.
I hope they increase movement speed and add a sliding mechanic. I think it would add some more to gameplay.
I remember an interesting quote I read years ago form the first game where playtesters said the running speed needs to be quicker, instead of increasing it, they added in more details on the ground such a stocks, shrubs etc and this gave the impression of the character moving quicker as they scroll past. Upon getting the game back, playtesters said it was much better.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
A lot of what I want is just QOL things. Want a bigger backpack, better vault system, an improved inventory system.

Also I never liked the eridium use to basic upgrades in 2. Rather see a rere material like that used for exotic weapons.
I remember an interesting quote I read years ago form the first game where playtesters said the running speed needs to be quicker, instead of increasing it, they added in more details on the ground such a stocks, shrubs etc and this gave the impression of the character moving quicker as they scroll past. Upon getting the game back, playtesters said it was much better.
Still, watching something like Rage 2/Doom Eternal gameplay makes the BL3 movement look real bland. Other than sliding, it could also use side dashs or double jumps or something.

I feel like mobility in FPS games in general has been kicked up a notch ever since the whole wall running for everything phase, might be hard to go back.

Oct 28, 2017
You can't plagiarize art style, you are influenced by it. In every art form (music, film, fine art, etc.) artists borrow themes and styles from other artists they admire. I think we can agree that a video game series that has spanned 5 entries with over 200 hours of content (script, story, art assets, gameplay) cannot be accused of plagiarizing a 9 minutes short because it's visual style is similar. Inspiration? yes, reference? yes, but not plagiarism.

I agree about inspiration and influence. I don't agree that it applies here regarding the art. Borderlands had a very different art style and the studio was in contact with Codehunters' creator Ben Hibon, prior to redesigning the art on a game that was 75% done in 2008. They dangled working with the studio, but nothing came of it. Then in 2009 Borderlands was reveled to have changed to an almost 1:1 knockoff -- save the palette swap -- of Hibon's art. The opening sequences have frames that are strikingly similar. They reproduced his art. That isn't inspired or influenced by. That's theft in my eyes and I'm sure I'm not going to be convinced otherwise here. We will have to agree to disagree here.

Plus, Pitchford is an unscrupulous fuck.

P.S. They also stole Olly Moss' Empire Strikes Back work for the alternate Borderlands 2 cover. Not inspired by like Randy says, straight up stole the work. The zig-zagging clouds are 1:1.

Randy is an unscrupulous fuck.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I agree about inspiration and influence. I don't agree that it applies here regarding the art. Borderlands had a very different art style and the studio was in contact with Codehunters' creator Ben Hibon, prior to redesigning the art on a game that was 75% done in 2008. They dangled working with the studio, but nothing came of it. Then in 2009 Borderlands was reveled to have changed to an almost 1:1 knockoff -- save the palette swap -- of Hibon's art. The opening sequences have frames that are strikingly similar. They reproduced his art. That isn't inspired or influenced by. That's theft in my eyes and I'm sure I'm not going to be convinced otherwise here. We will have to agree to disagree here.

Plus, Pitchford is an unscrupulous fuck.

P.S. They also stole Olly Moss' Empire Strikes Back work for the alternate Borderlands 2 cover. Not inspired by like Randy says, straight up stole the work. The zig-zagging clouds are 1:1.

Randy is an unscrupulous fuck.
Don't know if that's on Pitchford..

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
These ads with the leaks
erMISvz.jpg

sneak peek of the UI, damage numbers probably blown up for advertising and minimap a work in progress. Looks like you switch between skills instead of having them all available. Was hoping they would just copy fornite save the world for skill layout

People found some morse code on the offical twitch channel, talking about who the destroyer is and where the first vault hunter is.

Last edited:

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So this might be a crazy theory but hear me out.

Do we know what happened to Timothy at the end of the Pre-Sequel? AKA Jack the doppelganger? Part of me likes to think that after that game, he went into hiding, grew a beard renamed himself as "Zane."

Look at Zane's action skill and you can see how it is almost like Jack's Skill in the Pre-sequel. I know this likely will be proven incorrect, but would be a hell of a way for Timmy to make a return.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Nitpicky/weird take, but I'm not a fan of Amara having Phaselock as one of her skill on top of her Fist thingie. It kinda hurt Maya lorewise (kinda makes her a 'weaker' Siren in comparison). And wasn't BL2 established that each Siren have unique power each ?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nitpicky/weird take, but I'm not a fan of Amara having Phaselock as one of her skill on top of her Fist thingie. It kinda hurt Maya lorewise (kinda makes her a 'weaker' Siren in comparison). And wasn't BL2 established that each Siren have unique power each ?
We've seen Lilith do a bunch of different things (teleporting, firestarting, etc), and Sirens are established to have shared skillsets in the past - they can all charge Vault keys, for instance. So long as they give NPC Maya some new stuff, I'm okay with it.

Do we know what happened to Timothy at the end of the Pre-Sequel? AKA Jack the doppelganger? Part of me likes to think that after that game, he went into hiding, grew a beard renamed himself as "Zane."

Look at Zane's action skill and you can see how it is almost like Jack's Skill in the Pre-sequel. I know this likely will be proven incorrect, but would be a hell of a way for Timmy to make a return.
Man, that'd be fun. Just tuck it away in the ECHO logs.

Speaking of, I really hope they add some way to go back and revisit ECHO logs easily.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Zane's overall silhouette does bear a vague resemblance to Jack. I can't put it passed them to do this. Didn't the leak say that he uses Hyperion tech? Never mind, can't find anything on that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Zane's overall silhouette does bear a vague resemblance to Jack. I can't put it passed them to do this. Didn't the leak say that he uses Hyperion tech? Never mind, can't find anything on that.
I have a memory of seeing his drone and it looking a lot like Wilhelm's, but that's not really a guarantee of anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh... Wasn't expecting what looks like more of the same. I'll reserve judgment until closer to launch, but this is definitely not the Diablo --> Diablo II style leap I was expecting and hoping for considering how long they have taken.

Can't believe they're still going with fixed characters.

Fixed characters is what it should be and always be.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
Cross play between Xbox and PC is really making me consider moving over to xbox from playstation for this game. I bet it's gonna run best on the X1X when it comes to consoles anyways.

this is actually what is worrying me, because this game is usually crowded with cheaters, let's hope they deal with this aspect.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man, 2k must've spent a ton on ads. Every video I watch on YouTube has a Borderlands 3 ad, never expected them to push that hard this far out.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Man, 2k must've spent a ton on ads. Every video I watch on YouTube has a Borderlands 3 ad, never expected them to push that hard this far out.
According to benji it was on track to be the biggest game of the year with sales, within the first few days of pre orders happening

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is dope. Honestly, Destiny should implement a similar system.

lfxfSGQ.png

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen Lilith do a bunch of different things (teleporting, firestarting, etc), and Sirens are established to have shared skillsets in the past - they can all charge Vault keys, for instance. So long as they give NPC Maya some new stuff, I'm okay with it.

Man, that'd be fun. Just tuck it away in the ECHO logs.

Speaking of, I really hope they add some way to go back and revisit ECHO logs easily.

I have no problem with Siren having multiple power ! I just wished Amara second ability is not Phaselock but something else. And yeah, hopefully they give NPC Maya new stuff, or maybe have some explanation/justification to why Amara also have Phaselock.

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderland...as_at_supanova_melbourne_yesterday_i_managed/

Troy Baker not returning to do Rhys is insanely disappointing and has me worrying about other characters being recast. I wonder if Ashly Burch will be recasted as well as she also didn't return for MK11. But I guess with the time skip they'd have an excuse for her.

As long as they didn't replace Claptrap voice.

>.<

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with Siren having multiple power ! I just wished Amara second ability is not Phaselock but something else. And yeah, hopefully they give NPC Maya new stuff, or maybe have some explanation/justification to why Amara also have Phaselock.

As long as they didn't replace Claptrap voice.

>.<
Considering the VA's comments towards randy....

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/borderland...as_at_supanova_melbourne_yesterday_i_managed/

Troy Baker not returning to do Rhys is insanely disappointing and has me worrying about other characters being recast. I wonder if Ashly Burch will be recasted as well as she also didn't return for MK11. But I guess with the time skip they'd have an excuse for her.

What the fuck?! No Troy Baker?! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Baker really got to to show off his comedic timing with Rhys, whilst also doing an incredible job with the dramatic scenes towards the end of the series.

Judging from Baker's comments, it doesn't sound like it's a union thing, which is what i'd intentionally assumed. I don't know if this bodes well for the rest of the TftB cast, or even the returning BL2/TPS characters. It seems like David Eddings definitely won't be returning as Claptrap.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Been playing the Presequel a little and man, early on, Nisha's action skill is stupid broken. Just pick up a 1sk-capable sniper and clear out an entire crowd of enemies.

Also, I think I figured out who the little girl with Maya in the trailer is... given the timeline, she'd be about the right age to be the Siren born immediately after Commendant Steel bit it in the first game. Always 6 in the universe, right? So I guess she got to Pandora and fell in with Maya.
Nisha's action skill can sometimes get boring because it completely negates the need to aim and not in a fun way like Anarchy stacks. She's the Sal of TPS.

Also saw this breakdown of some of the Mech weapon choices

zijpjwtoxvq21.png

I still think it's weird that Moze is showing so much skin but eh

Also unrelated
kylbw56j0yq21.png

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nisha's action skill can sometimes get boring because it completely negates the need to aim and not in a fun way like Anarchy stacks. She's the Sal of TPS.

Also saw this breakdown of some of the Mech weapon choices
Yeah, but man, the feeling of just melting people by the horde is too good. Anarchy could be very fun after you stack it up, but it was so frustrating getting there. This is just pure power fantasy stuff.

Glad to see they're carrying forward the cosmetic effects from the skill trees. Moze's mech looks pretty baller. I do wonder if this means that there'll be mutually exclusive upgrade paths for it, though - unlike Deathtrap and Wilhelm, all this stuff goes on the same couple hardpoints, from what I can tell.

ssnick37

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the correct thread.

If I buy the Xbox One version of BL3 will I be able to transfer my save/characters to the Steam version when it is released?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Not sure if this is the correct thread.

If I buy the Xbox One version of BL3 will I be able to transfer my save/characters to the Steam version when it is released?
Incredibly unlikely as what you're asking for is cross-progression which has not been announced or hinted at in any way.

Cross-PLAY is of course practically confirmed between PC/X1 but cross progression is a whole different thing.

ssnick37

Oct 27, 2017
Incredibly unlikely as what you're asking for is cross-progression which has not been announced or hinted at in any way.

Cross-PLAY is of course practically confirmed between PC/X1 but cross progression is a whole different thing.

I am pretty sure that was available for Borderlands 2 though.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017

Maya has mind control (thoughtlock) and a slag attack with scorn and can deflect bullets and heal/resurrect others.

She still has plenty of things even if Phaselock itself is shared with someone else.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also as far as we know Amara doesn't actually have phaselock and that could just be a grenade or gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.