• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bad feeling that Rakks might got cut during their difficulties time with programming the pet AI. However I recalled that someone said Rakks will shown up with Skag somehow. Maybe special ability.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
If flak is anything to go by, there's going to be quite a bit of customization for our action skills this time around

jbr5qpnfp9q21.png

I have a bad feeling that Rakks might got cut during their difficulties time with programming the pet AI. However I recalled that someone said Rakks will shown up with Skag somehow. Maybe special ability.
flak summoned a rakk in the trailer. It seems they can change the element of the rakk too

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Follow up, i'm 90% sure on how controls will work after seeing this (looks like keyboard controls). Also, i'm pretty sure everything except hp/shield is not finalized haha
35qknp9ngir21.jpg

Hold "Y" to switch elements, change fire modes, use alt fire methods (change between shooting sniper rifle bullets to firing rockets from attachment), etc
Press Y to switch weapons normally
"X/A" will be jump/vault
Then there are two ways action skills can work:
  • hopefully (and i mean please dear god) holding down L1 THEN pressing either L2, R1, or R2 will activate one of your three action skills
  • Or pressing L1 will activate the action skill, but holding down L1 will cycle between them.
  • For both, pressing L1 again after activation ends the skill and refunds some cooldown (hopefully)

Also, FL4K probably has 4 pets he can use. A skag, monkey, rakks(?), and spiderant have all been shown in snippets. Plus, it would fit his name lmao.

I'm telling yall, if Flak can give his monkey one his guns he's going to be the gunzerker of this game.
Fl4k can use the monkey enemy (a Jabbermong?, a skag, or a spiderant with rakks. those three variants. will be interested to see how the action skill controls are. I like your idea of holding L1 to bring up a selection. Hoping we can fully remap the controls though.

SupMatto has a good breakdown of the playable characters here:

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
huh I wasn't aware, just saw the phaselock in the trailer.

thats cool and I love phaselock and I enjoyed ground pounding as well but it seems weird that 2 of her powers are from previous games. One as maya's ability and the other as a universal ability for all characters in the pre sequel.

which brings me to another point, ive only actually beaten the pre sequel once as athena and then got her to like level 47 and Im trying to complete at least one playthrough with the other characters and I just cant do it

- enemy variety is poor
- map variety is poor
- the levels are needlessly large, with mostly terrible layouts/no shortcuts
- lack of fast travel stations
- a ton of dialog that you need to sit around and wait for without actually doing anything to progress quests
- all the new friendly NPCs are annoying. Literally all of them. Pickle, Janey, Nina etc. they all suck
- so much needless backtracking
- the quest log and undiscovered quests on fast travel stations dont pop up like in BL2 so its easy to miss quests
- the main villain is just bad
- they recognized giving you your action skill earlier was better but than decided to give the 3rd and 4th weapon slots so hilariously late

All the amazing skill trees, cryo and laser weapons, double jumping, ground pounding and reactive dialog still can't make it worth playing through as much as BL2 or even close to it.
Tbh borderlands 2 is hard to beat especially since the vr version is so good (thabk god all dlc is coming) but 3 can have a solid chance to one up it cuz they are taking cues from tales from the borderlands wich was insanely good if they even out a fraction of that quality of storytelling in and improve upon the amazing gameplay and enviroments.

Then yep 3 got it in the bag especially if the dlc one ups 2s dlc.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
probably make enemies joypuke

hopefully it's not the new slag. i just see it having a status effect like ice. fire fights red bars, shock fights shields, corrosion fights armor/yellow bars, ice slows/freezes, radiation makes enemies sick but maybe some enemies get powered up by it. 20 days til we find out for sure.
I could see enemies puking be a thing, also slag is probably back
vfq6hq84o2p21.png

They could change slag to copy daze from the first game. Where it at least makes enemy's aim bad

Last edited:

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I could see enemies puking be a thing, also slag is probably back
vfq6hq84o2p21.png
everything i've heard says slag is not coming back, though it is just rumors for now. that weapon could be e-tech (no idea if that will be back), but we do have laser weapons and purple lights on a gun just give it a +11 cool factor. i think the trim is pink on that weapon though and that the purple shade is from the rarity beam that's trying to pop out.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I wonder if there is another character they'll have as a surprise at launch like the mechnomancer was for 2 iirc.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Follow up, i'm 90% sure on how controls will work after seeing this (looks like keyboard controls). Also, i'm pretty sure everything except hp/shield is not finalized haha
35qknp9ngir21.jpg

Hold "Y" to switch elements, change fire modes, use alt fire methods (change between shooting sniper rifle bullets to firing rockets from attachment), etc
"X/A" will be jump/vault
  • hopefully (and i mean please dear god) holding down L1 THEN pressing either L2, R1, or R2 will activate one of your three action skills
  • Or pressing L1 will activate the action skill, but holding down L1 will cycle between them.
  • For both, pressing L1 again after activation ends the skill and refunds some cooldown (hopefully)

Also, FL4K probably has 4 pets they can use. A skag, monkey, rakks(?), and spiderant have all been shown in snippets. Plus, it would fit their name lmao.

I'm telling yall, if Flak can give their monkey one of their guns they're going to be the gunzerker of this game.

edit:
Other stuff, Flak is confirmed non-binary

And Amara is a lesbian

The Borderlands games have always been progressive, nobody really gives them credit for it. Dunno if it's because people often don't see further than their dislike of Pitchford.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
everything i've heard says slag is not coming back, though it is just rumors for now. that weapon could be e-tech (no idea if that will be back), but we do have laser weapons and purple lights on a gun just give it a +11 cool factor. i think the trim is pink on that weapon though and that the purple shade is from the rarity beam that's trying to pop out.
I will say that, I kinda doubt slag will come back just because of the redundancy with cyro. I can't think of a way to make slag different but not broken. As even giving it a daze effect might make it broken, since daze was incredibly powerful in bl1.

I wonder if there is another character they'll have as a surprise at launch like the mechnomancer was for 2 iirc.
it's a shame that only sirens can have "magic" effects. I'd like to see some faux spellcaster as a dlc character since we have multiple action skills

Fl4k can use the monkey enemy (a Jabbermong?, a skag, or a spiderant with rakks. those three variants. will be interested to see how the action skill controls are. I like your idea of holding L1 to bring up a selection. Hoping we can fully remap the controls though.
Based on my time with fortnite save the world, if they don't have you hold L1 first and then press a button to use a skill. It'll feel incredibly stiff and sometimes frustrating to use. As there are many times in STW where i get incorrect inputs when trying to use a skill (l1 and r1 in that game are used to switch weapons). I can't see them cycling skills either, since that'd be too slow.

Also I hope they'll be skill modifiers which do different things if you end skills early. So for amara's phaselock, if you end it early. The hand closes crushing them, and it deals more damage the earlier you end the skill. I hope they have an end skill for the 6 arms which is a punch rush (it'll disappoint me and be a ground slam).

Last edited:

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I will say that, I kinda doubt slag will come back just because of the redundancy with cyro. I can't think of a way to make slag different but not broken. As even giving it a daze effect might make it broken, since daze was incredibly powerful in bl1.

it's a shame that only sirens can have "magic" effects. I'd like to see some faux spellcaster as a dlc character since we have multiple action skills

Based on my time with fortnite save the world, if they don't have you hold L1 first and then press a button to use a skill. It'll feel incredibly stiff and sometimes frustrating to use. As there are many times in STW where i get incorrect inputs when trying to use a skill (l1 and r1 in that game are used to switch weapons). I can't see them cycling skills since that'd be too slow.

Also I think they'll be skill modifiers which do different things if you end skills early. So for amara's phaselock, if you end it early. The hand closes crushing them, and it deals more damage the earlier you end the skill. I hope they have an end skill for the 6 arms which is a punch rush.
yeah the problem with slag is that it worked on everything and basically became necessary in higher difficulties. with cryo it be nice if it didn't work on everything and judging by some of the footage thats out there enemies can be immune to certain things.

A spellcaster would be dope. was just thinking about how Overwatch could use a spellcaster like character but maybe i'm just craving FPS spell casting.

I like that idea of ending phaselock early to crush enemies. this kinda deep discussion/speculation is making this wait for May 1st incredibly difficult, lol.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the problem with slag is that it worked on everything and basically became necessary in higher difficulties. with cryo it be nice if it didn't work on everything and judging by some of the footage thats out there enemies can be immune to certain things.

A spellcaster would be dope. was just thinking about how Overwatch could use a spellcaster like character but maybe i'm just craving FPS spell casting.

I like that idea of ending phaselock early to crush enemies. this kinda deep discussion/speculation is making this wait for May 1st incredibly difficult, lol.
Yeap, this 3 week wait is rough haha. I think terminate (i'll call skills that you end early this) skills would add a lot to build diversity. So with amara's phaselock, you could spec into longer hold time for gun builds (enemies take more gun damage while held) or you spec into the terminate skill for melee builds. This way certain action skills aren't relatively useless for certain builds.

An idea for a terminate skill for Moze would be an end cap where she self destructs her mech with a gravity well effect (pulls in then explodes).

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
35qknp9ngir21.jpg

"X/A" will be jump/vault

Also, FL4K probably has 4 pets they can use. A skag, monkey, rakks(?), and spiderant have all been shown in snippets. Plus, it would fit their name lmao.

I'm telling yall, if Flak can give their monkey one of their guns they're going to be the gunzerker of this game.

edit:
Other stuff, Flak is confirmed non-binary

And Amara is a lesbian

LOL nice find but how the hell did you see that#

tenor.gif

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
If flak is anything to go by, there's going to be quite a bit of customization for our action skills this time around

jbr5qpnfp9q21.png

flak summoned a rakk in the trailer. It seems they can change the element of the rakk too

I take that as a good news that it's going to be there in some kind of form.

Well, there is a rumor that claimed Cyro, Laser and Slag aren't coming back yet we saw Cyro and Laser being in the game in some kind of form. So it's hard to tell right now if every elements would be back or not.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The Borderlands games have always been progressive, nobody really gives them credit for it. Dunno if it's because people often don't see further than their dislike of Pitchford.
I think it's more because they're not really seen as sufficiently serious for folks to pay attention to it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Omg I forgot the worst part about the pre sequel

Both vehicles control like ass, the moon buggy flips out if you hit a pebble and the stingray is slow and its jump is super unwieldy.

Which would be fine if they didn't have multiple mandatory jumps throughout the maps

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I will say even as a bi dude there were some parts (wildlife exploitation preserve in 2 and janey springs in TPS) that REALLY wanted you to know there were lgbt characters in their games. To the point where Springs was annoying because basically every sequence of dialog has her talking about how she's a lesbian and isn't into guys.

And Im one of those people who thinks "forced diversity" is a load of bullshit and sexuality should be more open in general. It just came off as clunky and not something anyone would ever actually say.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I will say even as a bi dude there were some parts (wildlife exploitation preserve in 2 and janey springs in TPS) that REALLY wanted you to know there were lgbt characters in their games. To the point where Springs was annoying because basically every sequence of dialog has her talking about how she's a lesbian and isn't into guys.

And Im one of those people who thinks "forced diversity" is a load of bullshit and sexuality should be more open in general. It just came off as clunky and not something anyone would ever actually say.
I think it mostly worked for Janey tbh. Her intro gives her a little bit of a tragic lost love thing, and her sexuality informs her relationship with Deadlift (jilted dude presented as weird asshole is actually pretty good in and of itself tbh). Then she's into Moxxi, which, like, fair. The flirting doesn't get really nuts unless you're playing Athena, iirc. And hey, it's okay for her to be way out in front, imo.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think it mostly worked for Janey tbh. Her intro gives her a little bit of a tragic lost love thing, and her sexuality informs her relationship with Deadlift (jilted dude presented as weird asshole is actually pretty good in and of itself tbh). Then she's into Moxxi, which, like, fair. The flirting doesn't get really nuts unless you're playing Athena, iirc. And hey, it's okay for her to be way out in front, imo.
She also talks about it with torgue. And yeah i did 1 and a half playthroughs as athena lol

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
What if they have seasons and sell a battlepass that has weapon and character skins. I'd be down for that for sure.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
I didn't notice many of the supposed Reddit memes in BL2, lotta pop culture jokes, but not memes.
That said, the sheer quantity of jokes feels forced at times

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't notice many of the supposed Reddit memes in BL2, lotta pop culture jokes, but not memes.
That said, the sheer quantity of jokes feels forced at times
After the first 2 or 3 playthroughs I just zoom through the dialog anyway and/or put on music lol

That's what made TPS annoying to play though, buuuuut all the reactive player character dialog was really cool to listen to as well. So eh

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Aw no melee weapons is super disappointing.

Even if it was just a passive slot that didnt change the animation at all and would just alter your melee somehow (adding damage/speed/elements/bleeding etc.)

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
What if they have seasons and sell a battlepass that has weapon and character skins. I'd be down for that for sure.
I'm fine with cosmetic weapon and character skins being sold in a pack, if a "battlepass" means some people could get that stuff for free then sure. i dislike paying for a pass and then having to play the game to actually unlock what you've paid for. I'm okay with the idea of a seasonal mode if it was like Diablo 3 where you roll a new character that's seasonal only and you have like an adventure mode with some sort of end game area and leaderboards where each season might have a different gimmick or something. i dont think borderlands needs a season mode like that but i would not mind them doing like an Adventure mode where each planet has like 5 random missions you can re-play doing all 5 unlocks a loot chest or room of loot chests. that could be cool and a great way to play co-op with friends after you've done the story.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with cosmetic weapon and character skins being sold in a pack, if a "battlepass" means some people could get that stuff for free then sure. i dislike paying for a pass and then having to play the game to actually unlock what you've paid for. I'm okay with the idea of a seasonal mode if it was like Diablo 3 where you roll a new character that's seasonal only and you have like an adventure mode with some sort of end game area and leaderboards where each season might have a different gimmick or something. i dont think borderlands needs a season mode like that but i would not mind them doing like an Adventure mode where each planet has like 5 random missions you can re-play doing all 5 unlocks a loot chest or room of loot chests. that could be cool and a great way to play co-op with friends after you've done the story.
Yes i hope so too

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what that means for hitting the level cap/multiple playthroughs.
I imagine it'll launch with 2 difficulties and then get a third once they have more play test time.

Did some lazy digging and some of the voice actors from 2 are retweeting a lot of BL3 stuff (brick, torgue, and mordecai). Probs returning to voice, we'll find out for sure may 1st tho

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I imagine it'll launch with 2 difficulties and then get a third once they have more play test time.

Did some lazy digging and some of the voice actors from 2 are retweeting a lot of BL3 stuff (brick, torgue, and mordecai). Probs returning to voice, we'll find out for sure may 1st tho
Hopefully you just need to play through the campaign once and complete all side quests to reach near max level though and then you can just switch difficulty at will. And quest rewards are no longer solely locked to quests and/or you can level up unique items and/or you can replay individual quests without resetting the whole game.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully you just need to play through the campaign once and complete all side quests to reach near max level though and then you can just switch difficulty at will. And quest rewards are no longer solely locked to quests and/or you can level up unique items and/or you can replay individual quests without resetting the whole game.
They could have a system where you buy tokens which can be used to reset a quest for farming. Buy these tokens with money so money actually has use end game lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They could have a system where you buy tokens which can be used to reset a quest for farming. Buy these tokens with money so money actually has use end game lol
Hmm that would actually be a good compromise.

I also kinda hope they have more relic slots. Maybe like 3 slots but each relic has a category so you cant stack 3 of the same ones/similar ones (think diablo 3's kanai's cube).

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Compared to Destiny and Anthem 10 hour campaign. Borderlands is a true RPG. These competitors are pretenders out of maybe at he Division 2.
To be fair diablo 3 would have been worse with a longer campaign :p

But its format and difficulty scaling/adventure mode leads it to be infinitely replayable in a way that destiny and anthem and even borderlands can't really do.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair diablo 3 would have been worse with a longer campaign :p

But its format and difficulty scaling/adventure mode leads it to be infinitely replayable in a way that destiny and anthem and even borderlands can't really do.
Yeah the more I think about it an adjustable difficulty and a campaign that gets you near max level with an adventure mode would solve a lot of problems. Complete the campaign and then adventure mode would be each planet (like an act in Diablo 3) with 5 missions either story or side quest that gave unique rewards. In adventure mode they would scale to your level and then you'd just have to farm those missions for the unique rolls. Difficulty could go up to OP8 kinda like Torment.

Very curious to see how they handle post/end game and if they'll change things up.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
lol this thread.

To the surprise of no one

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-3-loot-xp-boosts-explained/
"While Borderlands 3 is not a competitive game, where boosts could lead to direct player advantages and be considered a competitive concern, we still take balance of the progression and loot systems in the game very seriously," said a 2K spokesperson. "We are still fine-tuning these systems in Borderlands 3, and the benefits the boosts in the Deluxe, Super Deluxe and Collector's Edition will provide, but at this stage we can confirm that the Loot and XP boosts will both be level capped and tied to specific pieces of gear, similar to boosts in past Borderlands games. The intent is to give those players an initial boost, but not something that permeates the entire Borderlands 3 experience indefinitely.

Also, the humor in BL2 realllyyyyy picked up towards the end of its lifecycle (dragon keep). Hoping they lean more towards that era when writing for bl3.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's nice to have a developer understand that pve's progression and enjoyment can be ruined by monetization as well.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So 2K have finally released the high-res version of the cover art and with it, we get a better look at the new hub - Sanctuary 3 - that we'll be using to travel to different planets in the game

RMAajqR.png

Also there's this weird message here. My guess is that it reads "Happiness is Key".

Other secrets include this

D4M7G9qXsAMGAd9.jpg

Which reads "We don't speak of Sanctuary 2".

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
So 2K have finally released the high-res version of the cover art and with it, we get a better look at the new hub - Sanctuary 3 - that we'll be using to travel to different planets in the game

RMAajqR.png

I want to bedazzle every inch of my space bus with quest rewards, pls Gearbox.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There's also some morse code on the left and right side of the cover art.

Zwg9CDV.png

jmUYvht.png

Translate them both and you get the sentences

"WHERE IS THE FIRST VAULT HUNTER?" and "WHO IS THE DESTROYER?"

Status
Not open for further replies.