• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Not really related to bl3 but does anyone know what the best solo class is for pre sequel?
Like, meta-wise?
The best seem to be Nisha -> Jack -> Athena -> Auerlia -> Wilhelm -> Fragtrap iirc

I like Athena the most because she has a good mix of survivability and damage but most importantly she has a ton of movement related skills and there's a stupid amount of backtracking if you do the sidequests.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Like, meta-wise?
The best seem to be Nisha -> Jack -> Athena -> Auerlia -> Wilhelm -> Fragtrap iirc

I like Athena the most because she has a good mix of survivability and damage but most importantly she has a ton of movement related skills and there's a stupid amount of backtracking if you do the sidequests.
Yeah I was hoping to run through it twice for uvhm but from my experience with bl2 characters that were good on playthrough 1 can be struggle on uvhm solo. So trying to not make that mistake, thanks!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hopefully Borderlands 3 has weapon proficiencies from 1 and badass ranks from 2/TPS and paragon ranks from diablo 3.

Besides having more things to unlock and give me a dose of serotonin it's always nice to not feel like you've reached the cap in loot games and there's always more progress to be made even if going from level 800 paragon to level 801 paragon in diablo 3 would take days of playtime.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Borderlands 3 has weapon proficiencies from 1 and badass ranks from 2/TPS and paragon ranks from diablo 3.

Besides having more things to unlock and give me a dose of serotonin it's always nice to not feel like you've reached the cap in loot games and there's always more progress to be made even if going from level 800 paragon to level 801 paragon in diablo 3 would t
Weapon proficiencies can stay dead, imo. Never seen a game do them without making the early game feel like garbage.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
BL1 also had rate of fire bonuses for certain weapon categories
The same stuff does kind of apply, though - imagine a gun that's good but takes a dog's age to reload in the part of the game that you're already stuck with limited weapon slots... Or later in the game, you get a great gun that fits your class, but you've spent all your time on other weapon types. Taking off the accuracy and stability penalties for low-proficiency use alleviates the problems, but so does just getting rid of the mechanic.

I'll take paragon levels and badass ranks, but I don't see a really compelling reason to bring back proficiency.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The same stuff does kind of apply, though - imagine a gun that's good but takes a dog's age to reload in the part of the game that you're already stuck with limited weapon slots... Or later in the game, you get a great gun that fits your class, but you've spent all your time on other weapon types. Taking off the accuracy and stability penalties for low-proficiency use alleviates the problems, but so does just getting rid of the mechanic.

I'll take paragon levels and badass ranks, but I don't see a really compelling reason to bring back proficiency.
Well weapon proficiency was based on xp given so you could level it up really easily at level 69 (these game's humors lol/smh)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well weapon proficiency was based on xp given so you could level it up really easily at level 69 (these game's humors lol/smh)
Again, though - "it's not that much of an inconvenience" isn't really a good reason to do something, lol. If it was entirely additive - so, you're already good at everything and proficiencies just make you more good - that'd be fine, but it's also a little bit pointless.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
the more XP bars to fill up the better imo. player level, proficiencies, badass rank, paragon levels, all of it. XP should always have a purpose once you hit max level, even if its only cosmetic or with minimal game impact, it's just nice to see those bars fill and complete. hell put xp bars on legendary guns so i can take a god roll legendary up to level cap or to re-roll 1 stat.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully raid bosses are actually nicely designed this time around. Pyro Pete's the only one I can remember that was actually well designed with actual mechanic, beside him I think the raid boss in BLPS was also quite well designed.
TPS bosses were better overall, tbh. Compare even the very first one (Deadlift) to like... Wilhelm or whatever in BL2. Hell, think about the two Vault monster fights.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

Excellent, they brought in a boss fight designer and the rumors are bosses have phases so Raid bosses should also hopefully be much more enjoyable to fight.

Anyone know how long the livestream event is? We know there's a 30-min pre-show but i haven't been able to find anything about the actual event other than when it starts and that afterwards a bunch of live streamers/influencers will be streaming the game on their channels.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any more talk as to if this would be on the PC MS Store?

I know there was that rumor about crossplay around the time of unveiling

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent, they brought in a boss fight designer and the rumors are bosses have phases so Raid bosses should also hopefully be much more enjoyable to fight.

Anyone know how long the livestream event is? We know there's a 30-min pre-show but i haven't been able to find anything about the actual event other than when it starts and that afterwards a bunch of live streamers/influencers will be streaming the game on their channels.
Nothing announced yet, streamers are barred from saying more about the event. All I know is that Bahroo almost slipped up and said it starts around his normal streaming time 10am-12 cst. Couldn't comment on length. I'd expect at least an hour though, since they're gonna stream it.
Has there been any more talk as to if this would be on the PC MS Store?

I know there was that rumor about crossplay around the time of unveiling
Close to 0% of that happening. Epic got this locked down on PC. PC/Xone crossplay is guaranteed at this point tho

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing announced yet, streamers are barred from saying more about the event. All I know is that Bahroo almost slipped up and said it starts around his normal streaming time 10am-12 cst. Couldn't comment on length. I'd expect at least an hour though, since they're gonna stream it.
the event stream starts at 10am in LA, pre-show starts at 9:30. I reached out on twitter so we'll see if they respond. randy's been dishing out details and answering questions so idk why they wouldn't be able to answer this specific question.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Like, meta-wise?

I went athena solo and i pretty much dominated the end game enemies easy even the DLC boss was not hard

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i've been reading the wiki cuz I played these game so long ago that I've forgotten much of them
anyways after reading up on all the older player characters I'm left speculating that maybe Brick is older brother to the Calypso twins, because he originally came to Pandora to search for his sister, he's got that bandit cult leader proclivity same as them, and he kind of looks a bit like the Calypso twins too

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of giving golden key via Shift Code, I think I prefer having in-game weekly challenge/activities like Monster Hunter World or The Division.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like they're balancing it by making some enemies immune to it (based on trailer). Also, it might just increase elemental effects instead of all damage

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
More than anything, and while it's a minor thing, TONE DOWN THE NUMBERS

I don't need to be dishing out 30 million damage and have a shield with a 500k capacity. Take it down to BL1 levels.
And for god's sake add some commas in the item descriptions.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
....so what about cryo?
I was thinking cyro would work the same
"While frozen, enemies take an additional +250% melee damage, +200% explosive damage, and +200% extra critical hitdamage. While the critical hit bonus applies to critical hits from cryo weapons as well, the bonus is lowered to +110% extra damage. "
while nuclear was focused on increasing elemental DOT effects or something like that

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I was thinking cyro would work the same
"While frozen, enemies take an additional +250% melee damage, +200% explosive damage, and +200% extra critical hitdamage. While the critical hit bonus applies to critical hits from cryo weapons as well, the bonus is lowered to +110% extra damage. "
while nuclear was focused on increasing elemental DOT effects or something like that
I would be fine if cryo and radiation didn't add any bonus damage at all from weapon/gear swapping and were just different elements.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also in addition to actual explosive weapons like Torgue weapons and barrels I'd like to see explosive bullets from 1 return.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

I don't need to be dishing out 30 million damage and have a shield with a 500k capacity. Take it down to BL1 levels.
No way. People love their giant numbers. Look at Diablo 3, people putting up builds that hit the trillion+ mark.
And for god's sake add some commas in the item descriptions.
Mostly what I want for item descriptions is some kind of... fillable encyclopedia for the red text weapons? Like, it doesn't have to say what it means when you first pick it up, but after you've used it, it'd be nice if you could pull up some kind of in-game description that lays it out. Like a pokedex, but for murder.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of giving golden key via Shift Code, I think I prefer having in-game weekly challenge/activities like Monster Hunter World or The Division.
shift codes are given out like candy at a parade, though i think it would be nice to earn them in game, would add another thing to do post game but it cant be a difficult thing to do cause why do them if you can just get 100 keys from 1 tweet you know? needs to be balanced, that being said I've never really used my keys, feel like i need to hold onto them till level capped but by that time I've usually got a good arsenal of weapons.

Looks like they're balancing it by making some enemies immune to it (based on trailer). Also, it might just increase elemental effects instead of all damage

good to get that cleared up. just wish they would say how long this live stream is on the 1st.

I get where this is coming from and it's a problem with the leel scaling system they had in 2. I like big numbers though, feels good seeing them pop up. I do think they need to be more readable though.

Mostly what I want for item descriptions is some kind of... fillable encyclopedia for the red text weapons? Like, it doesn't have to say what it means when you first pick it up, but after you've used it, it'd be nice if you could pull up some kind of in-game description that lays it out. Like a pokedex, but for murder.
I would love to see an in game gunpedia like a pokedex and also a creature/enemy book that told me what was in the drop tables for bosses so i wouldn't have to look it up online. Collecting guns like pokemon, would be nice to be able to level them up and evolve them like pokemon too. Dear game devs lurking this thread, free idea for easy money right here.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

More BL2 DLC "teasing". Looking at the code, maybe some dynamic arena mode? Where you move from outpost to outpost doing objectives?

edit: hold up, scratch that. Maybe they copy Dad of War and have a zone you can deep dive in for fat loot drops? The deeper you go, the worse the infection gets and the more damage you take from being in it

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

More BL2 DLC "teasing". Looking at the code, maybe some dynamic arena mode? Where you move from outpost to outpost doing objectives?

edit: hold up, scratch that. Maybe they copy Dad of War and have a zone you can deep dive in for fat loot drops? The deeper you go, the worse the infection gets and the more damage you take from being in it

Very interesting! You think there's a chance we'll know more about it on May 1st during the reveal of 3's gameplay?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting! You think there's a chance we'll know more about it on May 1st during the reveal of 3's gameplay?
Id say 90% chance if it does exist. It'll be revealed at the end and be the next "big borderlands" thing to look forward to. Because right now, we only have psvr getting all dlc to look forward to between release. And bahroo said it'd be a good summer for fans

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
For all the shit TPS gets, it did do some good things for the franchise. Based on gearbox's regrets, we can expect the vault hunters to have far more characterization and quest interaction in 3. As that's one of the things they liked about TPS but regretted not doing in hindsight.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Petty thing, but I wish BL3 allow us to choose between Compass or Minimap or even both at the same time.

Playing BL2, and having my attention focused on the Minimap most of the time really hurts the exploration aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.