• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh holy shit so Fl4k can have one pet AND a charmed enemy AND use a rift AND tediore stuff on top of having a singularity pulling enemies together at one spot

Yeeeee that sounds pretty fun. Green + red tree looks pretty sick
Dom master FL4K squad unite

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
FL4K or Zane for me.

Not interested in a giant mech stomping around my whole game, and Amara doesn't look good in the slightest.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, but for Amara I've already zoned into the exact build and play style I want: Spamming phasecast and meleeing enemies for days for a shit ton of damage. I'm only choosing between four action skills with Mystical Assault. Not to mention I don't really care for her elemental tree.

But for Moze, I am interested in all three of her trees and a lot of Iron Bear's weapons. It's tough for me, bruv.
Her elemental skill tree is so great though. It was definitely the least interesting at first glance but you've got the potential to have 3 element guns (maliwan + infusion), a ton of ricochet bullets, bloodsplosion type stuff, spreading status effects etc.

I wanna do the slam and ranged melee stuff and arm deflection skills but her rush stacking also seems super interesting and definitely benefits a spammy action skill playstyle.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
yeah for endgame i suppose the cloak will be the way to go, well for raid bosses most certainly. almost every single arpg out there has terrible scaling with pets, given BL 3 got torment like levels of difficulties I expect no less

Still, should be fun to level up
Ugh yeah that unfortunately brings me back to reality. The cloak tree will be pretty much the go-to for raiding. Unless dominance works on bosses 🤠

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah like some buff both but there are a lot of skills (grenade specific buffs, magazine buffs, ammo regen buffs etc. Etc.) That are all useless when you're in the mech.
i'm just trying to figure out what is for both and what isn't like all the splash damage related stuff has to be for both no? All the iron bear weapons are related to it in there. I'm just wondering if you can make a splash damage build with the splash damage minigun augment happen.
I really want to make the dakka build happen, but I'm not sure whether the splash one or the normal one will be better. -75% fire rate is a bit much and the dakka factor suffers.

Also I'm not sure if an augment only works for that weapon arm or if it works for both arms if it's the same weapon.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
The demolition woman tree is the splash tree yeah.

And I was thinking either the grenade launcher and the rocket pods for absurd explosions or dual miniguns for maximum dakka.

But she has 6(!) mech weapons all with 3 augments each. Definitely more interesting than past Soldier classes.
Oh that's right she can dual wield her specials...well double grenade launchers here we come! 😈

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Fl4k's cat/dog thing can hold a gun?! Well, I'm sold.
I really hope I can give it one of those guns with legs.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
i'm just trying to figure out what is for both and what isn't like all the splash damage related stuff has to be for both no? All the iron bear weapons are related to it in there. I'm just wondering if you can make a splash damage build with the splash damage minigun augment happen.
I really want to make the dakka build happen, but I'm not sure whether the splash one or the normal one will be better. -75% fire rate is a bit much and the dakka factor suffers.

Also I'm not sure if an augment only works for that weapon arm or if it works for both arms if it's the same weapon.
Yeah me too for the first paragraph. I was actually thinking of making an explosive minigun build as well lol

And I think it only applies to that arm, otherwise there would be no benefit to using two different weapons.

I just hope the skill trees/weapons for all characters are relatively balanced at launch. I don't want to have like 5 of the 6 Iron Bear weapons be vastly inferior to one of them etc.

hydruxo

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that trailer was boring but FL4K still seems like he'll be a fun character to play as. I'm so torn on who to pick first, I like all four of them haha.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I knew what "increased Rush stack effectiveness" actually meant. Does that just mean more action skill damage essentially?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wish I knew what "increased Rush stack effectiveness" actually meant. Does that just mean more action skill damage essentially?
A lot of the descriptions are vague on the site but I just watched a bit of a video of joltzdude talking about FL4K's skill tree and the in-game descriptions were more detailed

no idea if that's for everything though

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
bl3_011.jpg

So I guess this is the Horned Skag augment

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He looks like the worst character out of all 4 to me and his trailer was the least interesting too. Game still looks like a complete package, that IGN video with all the weapons, damn!!!

I don't know how he seems like the worst. The Stalker tree alone sounds too fucking dirty. Some phasewalk on steroids shit.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how he seems like the worst. The Stalker tree alone sounds too fucking dirty. Some phasewalk on steroids shit.

Not talking about the skill trees, I haven't looked at them, trying to keep it fresh for when I get the game. Just talking about characters in general and their respective trailers.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I agree that Fl4K's trailer was really really weak compared to the others. That's why I hope it's not the last trailer 'til the Launch trailer.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Especially with the augment where you can keep firing invis for 8 seconds. Like...what lol.
Especially when the cooldown is so short.

However going invisible doesn't actually reduce splash damage and novas and I doubt the extended invis keeps the same movement and gun and health regen buffs as the skill itself. It's probably just the complete threat reduction and nothing else.

Could be wrong though. Either way it's dirty

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Especially when the cooldown is so short.

However going invisible doesn't actually reduce splash damage and novas and I doubt the extended invis keeps the same movement and gun and health regen buffs as the skill itself. It's probably just the complete threat reduction and nothing else.

Could be wrong though. Either way it's dirty
Yeah probably, otherwise it would be too crazy I think, especially compared to the other 2 action skills.

Also regarding your other post, let's pray for a good balance on Moze's stuff as well.
I'll try both dual minigun builds and the dual rapid fire fist one for sure.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking Zana or Moze. I typically play as the Soldier class my first playthru (Roland, Axton) so I will probably go Moze and her Mech (or Zane and his drone...)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't played her in awhile, but I used that skill that made her explode upon decloaking. Basically nonstop explosions.
LOL
Yeah there was another skill to reduce her cooldown time by something rediculous like 6 seconds per kill and it could be boosted with a class mod too

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
All the trailers were odd in that the humor was not present as much as I'd expect from Borderlands, but I get it if they're shifting the direction a bit. I'm still 100% in on the game.

But wow FL4K's skill trees are pretty boss. He's Zer0 + Mordecai + Pet. I'll likely end up trying all the classes out - BL always took a while to get to that fun point with classes where you felt you had interesting choices - but yeah FL4K to start seems up my alley.

My "play" history for BL fun chars (to max level) went Moredecai -> Lilith -> Maya -> Gage -> Salvador

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Uh, Moze is not really easy to build or am I dumb?
She can be a sort of glasscannon with low health but big damage + big shields but...

Am I missing something?

Jan 4, 2018
I might try to do a Tank build Fl4k just to be counterintuitive and break the mold a little. Spiderant Countess plus the green tree skills that spread damage to your pets, plus health regen skills, damage reduction, and lifesteal.

Gamma Burst w/ Radiation Aura and an Eridian Skag that can cast Singularities also sounds like fun.

Or Beefcake and Cloak so you can snipe and have a pet Krieg take all the aggro.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh, Moze is not really easy to build or am I dumb?
She can be a sort of glasscannon with low health but big damage + big shields but...

Am I missing something?
You can mix up some things pretty well.
This is my build:
Moze Splash Damage Minigun Build

Basically that one augment from the red tree that makes minigun 100% of the time splash damage should work really well with the splash damage perks from the green tree because you trigger them with every single shot while in the mech. You also get every single bit of action skill reduction you can get to use it as often as possible. Especially "Explosive Punctuation", the second last green skill, works really well with the guaranteed splash damage from the minigun augment (Or I read that wrong and you can't reduce the skilltime while it's active. In that case it's still pretty good for just having some splash damage with moze herself.)

I don't know whether the final skill in the green tree works with the miniguns, but if not I can just max the red one instead.
Stuff like the manned turret is optional of course.

Last edited:

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
You can mix up some things pretty well.
This is my build:
Moze Splash Damage Minigun Build

Basically that one augment from the red tree that makes minigun 100% of the time splash damage should work really well with the splash damage perks from the green tree because you trigger them with every single shot while in the mech. You also get every single bit of action skill reduction you can get to use it as often as possible. Especially "Explosive Punctuation", the second last green skill, works really well with the guaranteed splash damage from the minigun augment (Or I read that wrong and you can't reduce the skilltime while it's active. In that case it's still pretty good for just having some splash damage with moze herself.)

I don't know whether the final skill in the green tree works with the miniguns, but if not I can just max the red one instead.
Stuff like the manned turret is optional of course.

Oh that's pretty smart, I did not pay attention about the red skill and the splash damage.
I did not know you could equip the same weapon twice on Iron bear, that's pretty neat.

Any ideas of "combos" with the skills "thin red line" and "desperate measures" and "drowning in brass" from the shield of retribution tree? I feel the damage can also ramp up pretty fast with them

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh that's pretty smart, I did not pay attention about the red skill and the splash damage.
I did not know you could equip the same weapon twice on Iron bear, that's pretty neat.

Any ideas of "combos" with the skills "thin red line" and "desperate measures" and "drowning in brass" from the shield of retribution tree? I feel the damage can also ramp up pretty fast with them
Even if you don't use the minigun mod, I assume the grenade and rocket launchers should work just as well.

When it comes to the blue tree, this is what I will probably try at some point, not sure if the reserved health from "thin red line" feeds into the "desperate measures" bonus though:
Moze Shield/Fist build

I suppose you can just change the fists to the railgun without an issue, but I think the fists are cooler lol, especially with the shockhammer augment. Since you already go in on the whole shield angle might as well go melee imo. If you plan to focus on the mech in any shape or form the first part of the green tree and the bubble shield one in the blue tree are kind of a must.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Even if you don't use the minigun mod, I assume the grenade and rocket launchers should work just as well.

When it comes to the blue tree, this is what I will probably try at some point, not sure if the reserved health "from maxed out" feeds into the "desperate measures" bonus though:
Moze Shield/Fist build

I suppose you can just change the fists to the railgun without an issue, but I think the fists are cooler lol, especially with the shockhammer augment. Since you already go in on the whole shield angle might as well go melee imo.

Yeah this build has a lot of similarities with the one I made except I'm using the Railgun with incendiary damages instead of the fist. And I tried to also pick some red skills (about the incendiary damages)
Something like that: MybadBuild

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this build has a lot of similarities with the one I made except I'm using the Railgun with incendiary damages instead of the fist. And I tried to also pick some red skills (about the incendiary damages)
Something like that: MybadBuild
Looks good.

Honestly though, some stuff is strange. If you want to go with the corrosive thrower all the incendiary damage becomes pointless so there's only one tree you can go down in red to reach it and the dualwield bonus. As others said, there's some disconnect between Moze and her Mech skilltree wise. We have to see how it plays out in a month I guess.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Yeah that's wait and see at this point. Not gonna lie, the fist weapon sounds fun too (especially the grab thing)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
FL4K looks great, I'm gonna play as him, as I did use Mordecai and Zer0 and it looks like FL4K's the exact mashup

That IGN video on guns can sell the game on it's own lol

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling a bit lost on who is a good fit for me in this game. In the past I tend to run those with team support synergy since I'm usually not the one in my group making killshots. I'm leaning towards FL4K due to the pet aspect, but I'm still not sure.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
he has 3 pets out in the trailer (plus the 2 birds but I would assume those are more like an attack) but do we know how many pets you CAN have out, like actual permanent pets (assuming any of them are permanent, like any good pet class should be)?

edit: oh the skill trees are out?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck only 1 pet it seems, fuck that noise

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
I didn't realize action skills and augments required skill points; that's really unfortunate as I thought they just unlocked as you move down the tree. My rocket spam didn't work out at as well as I first planned due to that. I think it'll still work, but now I can't wait for the inevitable level cap increase. Moze / Rocket Spam

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
he has 3 pets out in the trailer (plus the 2 birds but I would assume those are more like an attack) but do we know how many pets you CAN have out, like actual permanent pets (assuming any of them are permanent, like any good pet class should be)?

edit: oh the skill trees are out?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck only 1 pet it seems, fuck that noise
I sucks but can you imagine how four fl4ks with 3 pets each would look on screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.