• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realize action skills and augments required skill points; that's really unfortunate as I thought they just unlocked as you move down the tree. My rocket spam didn't work out at as well as I first planned due to that. I think it'll still work, but now I can't wait for the inevitable level cap increase. Moze / Rocket Spam
Yeah im liking your build, i think gearbox said that they wanted to expand the skill tree in future update

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
So looking at K6's video for Fl4k's skill tree, it looks like action skills and augments don't require a skill point to unlock, so that's great. Otherwise we'd have to respec every time we changed it, or waste skill points.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So looking at K6's video for Fl4k's skill tree, it looks like action skills and augments don't require a skill point to unlock, so that's great. Otherwise we'd have to respec every time we changed it, or waste skill points.
Weird, I could've sworn augments actually require one skillpoint, but not an additional one if you use the same augment twice with Moze.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Watched the fl4k trailer - super weak. Nothing interesting about the character like the other trailers.

Standing by my words - leaving it till now to show a character is not a good sign. If fl4k was awesome, they would've led with him.

I hope I am wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
Weird, I could've sworn augments actually require one skillpoint, but not an additional one if you use the same augment twice with Moze.
It definitely requires a point to unlock on the skill builder site, but I think it might not based on the video.
20190808_16523088jgi.jpg

20190808_165328g6kok.jpg

So in the circled area, the skill shows how the max points and how many are invested in the skill. The augment just has a blank box where that information was.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It definitely requires a point to unlock on the skill builder site, but I think it might not based on the video.
20190808_16523088jgi.jpg

20190808_165328g6kok.jpg

So in the circled area, the skill shows how the max points and how many are invested in the skill. The augment just has a blank box where that information was.
The pets aren't augments though. The arrow looking ones that enhance your action skill are the augments. The beefcake jabber isn't an augment to the original pet but just another pet alltogether. You don't need to pick the first one to pick the beefcake one.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
still not sure between Moze & Amara. I think Amara will be more dynamic to play with slams and siren powers but Moze might be an easier choice for solo bosses

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
The pets aren't augments though. The arrow looking ones are the augments. The beefcake jabber isn't an augment to the original pet but just another pet alltogether. Like you don't need to pick the first one to pick the beefcake one.
The actual augments are the same way. The older build in his Moze video doesn't even have the blank box for the action skills and augments. I hope they just unlock automatically as you move down the skill trees because otherwise there's a lot of points spent directly on action skills. It'll hurt both build variety and the ability to test out builds.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The actual augments are the same way. The older build in his Moze video doesn't even have the blank box for the action skills and augments. I hope they just unlock automatically as you move down the skill trees because otherwise there's a lot of points spent directly on action skills. It'll hurt both build variety and the ability to test out builds.
Huh.
Also true about build variety. Let's hope you're right then. :)
Man I can't wait for this game.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Any word on COOP resolution? I want to play Splitscreen on release till I beat the game with my gf, but I really don't want some horrible resolution and framerate. Borderlands 2 after the update looks amazing in Splitscreen.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, I've been looking at the skill trees on the official website, and if I understand right, Zane and Moze can equip 2 Action Skills at once? And Amara can only equip one Action Skill Effect, while Zane can have 4?? I'm assuming they balanced this right and that Amara is powerful enough to only need one Effect compared to Zane's 4...

Edit :
mFm0aDu.png

Am I reading this right? Manned turred = another player can climb on your Iron Bear and join the fun?
I wasn't sure what character to use to play with my girlfriend, but this is tempting.

Last edited:

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I'm definitely going to start out with FL4K. A pet and lots of health regeneration should make the early game a breeze. Still wondering what the endgame is going to look like as the removal of Slag should shake things up a lot.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I've been looking at the skill trees on the official website, and if I understand right, Zane and Moze can equip 2 Action Skills at once? And Amara can only equip one Action Skill Effect, while Zane can have 4?? I'm assuming they balanced this right and that Amara is powerful enough to only need one Effect compared to Zane's 4...

Edit :
mFm0aDu.png

Am I reading this right? Manned turred = another player can climb on your Iron Bear and join the fun?
I wasn't sure what character to use to play with my girlfriend, but this is tempting.

You are correct. A good character for date night.

Kristijan1001

Jun 1, 2019
Is it just me or the Borderland 3 Advertising & DLCs are becoming really annoying...
The whole VIP Activities and Borderlands Points system. Why is this even a thing ?
For anyone unaware there is a website on which you gather points for doing "stuff" (Promoting their game). From watching videos about the game from start to finish, to watching streamers in order to get codes and get more points so you can unlock DLCs, reading articles visiting their social platforms etc. Its just if you were to sign up for a Gleam giveaway or something.
Doing this stuff which awards you points, allows you to use those points to unlock Guns, Skins, Golden Keys. You can also invite friends to get more points to get more " LOOT " yey....
The game is not even out and yet there is so much DLC stuff already, it is just annoying for people like me who don't wanna miss out on stuff. Why can't they just release the game like a normal company. Game + Season Pass and be done with it.
Also i don't know how limited it will be exactly but steamers get to play the game 1 Month early next week on a Wednesday, because that makes a lot of sense...
Some Pictures from the website:
https://imgur.com/a/p1uEcD7

Oct 25, 2017
Kristijan1001 While its annoying, at least there's tons of codes out there to get a lot of points.
A pretty comprehensive list can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/bxgq5p/borderlands_vip_program_codes/ (and in the comments, sorted by newest to get the new ones)

elcyr9g.png

I have to make sure I can afford all the skins before I buy weapons. I have about 26k points now and started about 3 weeks ago. I'll probably use the referral exploit if necessary , but it seems REALLY tedious.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I thought my friend and I would be fighting over who gets to play FL4K but after looking at the skill trees I think we're gonna be running Moze and Amara. They seem to have good synergy if you both spec into incendiary and they both have some nice cooperative skills and abilities. FL4K and Zane both look really fun but they seem less like team players.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Edit :
mFm0aDu.png

Yes, they've shown other characters riding on the back in some of the trailers.

Oct 25, 2017

Edit :
mFm0aDu.png

Amara gets an action skill, augment to that action skill and the ability to choose the element of her action skill. When you look at the large amount of damage and defensive skills that are activated simply by using her action skills(which have relatively low cooldowns and can be spammed with Avatar) I feel pretty confident in saying she be more than capable of holding her own. I think she has become the "boring" class that will end up being amazing.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Man I am absolutely digging Fl4k's skill tree; and love the new way they are doing things w/ multiple choices + augments.

So damn excited for this game; will probably spend all of PAX waiting in lines to play it (assuming it'll be there, which is a good assumption.)

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
hpmmq5P.png

Guess I'm in it for the long haul. Between the discount code,and of course butt stallion... what can I say

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Zane with the turret and shield for me. I am very much a defensive shooter.

Also glad you can buy upgrades with cash now.

I am trying to decide which version to get. Super deluxe is GAME exclusive so there goes that option. Amazon has the deluxe version that doesn't have the season pass and an extra £25 for 2 or 3 dlc clothes and weapons which will be useless fairly quickly.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Zane with the turret and shield for me. I am very much a defensive shooter.

Also glad you can buy upgrades with cash now.

I am trying to decide which version to get. Super deluxe is GAME exclusive so there goes that option. Amazon has the deluxe version that doesn't have the season pass and an extra £25 for 2 or 3 dlc clothes and weapons which will be useless fairly quickly.
Yeah the deluxe edition seems like a waste of 20 bucks. I'd just buy the regular edition and try to get the season pass on sale.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Edit :
mFm0aDu.png

So yes it has a manned turret but you got the action skill breakdown wrong.

Zane has 3 different action skills and you can equip up to 2 at once each with 2 unique augments.

Moze only has the Iron Bear mech as her action skill but it has 6 different weapons you can choose for it (you can have 2 different weapons at once or the same weapon on both arms) and you select 1 augment for each arm.

Amara has 11(!) action skills but you can only have 1 equipped at once, you have 2 possible augments for that skill along with being able to change the element of the skill between shock, fire and corrosion.

FL4K has 3 action skills and you can select 2 upgrades for the action skill but only one action skill can be active at a time. However They also have an always active pet (3 different pets, each with 2 possible upgrades of which you can select 1) but again It can only have one pet active at a time. The pet also has a command button which forces them to attack a specific target along with doing something special (singularity, charge and knock back etc.)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
And that was exactly what I did. They hid some stuff a little too well.
It wasn't even that it was that the specific map and compass markers weren't even close to accurate. I would have had an easier time if it was just an area waypoint.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the deluxe edition seems like a waste of 20 bucks. I'd just buy the regular edition and try to get the season pass on sale.

You won't get it on sale before the DLCs start dropping. And the super deluxe edition is going to increase to $120 after launch so that tells me the season pass is probably $50. Seems like a good deal to me...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Only Moze's weapons require skill points and idk if that's a bug or intended. It's certainly odd though.

hpmmq5P.png

Guess I'm in it for the long haul. Between the discount code,and of course butt stallion... what can I say
What's the discount code?

I thought my friend and I would be fighting over who gets to play FL4K but after looking at the skill trees I think we're gonna be running Moze and Amara. They seem to have good synergy if you both spec into incendiary and they both have some nice cooperative skills and abilities. FL4K and Zane both look really fun but they seem less like team players.
Zane's barrier has some pretty cool co-op functions and a drone will always be useful for CC/aggro draw and FL4K has a field that regens 20% health per second if you stand in it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You won't get it on sale before the DLCs start dropping. And the super deluxe edition is going to increase to $120 after launch so that tells me the season pass is probably $50. Seems like a good deal to me...
The super deluxe edition is worth it at launch. The deluxe edition just has some cosmetics and doesn't have the season pass. That poster was saying how they couldn't get the $100 edition because GAME.

And you may be able to get a discount on the season pass after the first DLC drops.

Okapi

May 31, 2019
Is it just me or the Borderland 3 Advertising & DLCs are becoming really annoying...
The whole VIP Activities and Borderlands Points system. Why is this even a thing ?
For anyone unaware there is a website on which you gather points for doing "stuff" (Promoting their game). From watching videos about the game from start to finish, to watching streamers in order to get codes and get more points so you can unlock DLCs, reading articles visiting their social platforms etc. Its just if you were to sign up for a Gleam giveaway or something.
Doing this stuff which awards you points, allows you to use those points to unlock Guns, Skins, Golden Keys. You can also invite friends to get more points to get more " LOOT " yey....
The game is not even out and yet there is so much DLC stuff already, it is just annoying for people like me who don't wanna miss out on stuff. Why can't they just release the game like a normal company. Game + Season Pass and be done with it.
Also i don't know how limited it will be exactly but steamers get to play the game 1 Month early next week on a Wednesday, because that makes a lot of sense...
Some Pictures from the website:
https://imgur.com/a/p1uEcD7
I agree 100%. It's frustrating especially if you're a completionist. Makes you appreciate even more the "no bullshit" approach of compagnies like From Software.

Oct 28, 2017
There's a minute of footage for each gun manufacturer showing off various weapons on IGN here, unfortunately using their godawful video player. Some pretty cool looking stuff though.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Zane's barrier has some pretty cool co-op functions and a drone will always be useful for CC/aggro draw and FL4K has a field that regens 20% health per second if you stand in it.
Yeah, but if I was gonna play Zane I would go all in on the drone and digiclone skill trees. The clone just sounds like a ton of fun and the drone skill tree has movement speed and the final "activate all kill skills at once" skill sounds insane if you combine it with the clone trickery. The shield is nice but I don't like that it forces you and your friends to stay in one spot to make use of it. If my friend is gonna play melee Amara then I don't think it would be that helpful overall. And I'd rather use the clone for my own survivability cause it's just more active and fun. FL4K's health regen is nice and pets are always cool for drawing aggro but Moze can give +10% incendiary damage to her allies everytime she reloads which is particularly useful with Amara depending on what skills she acquires. Then she can increase the gun damage of her allies by up to 60% if she gets three kills back to back. She can instantly recharge everyone's shields by entering Iron Bear. And to top it all off, Iron Bear could essentially be used as a shield for my teammate but that shield shoots back and has a minigun attached to its shoulder for my teammate to use once they recover.

Something like this for Moze. You could sacrifice some skills that make Moze herself more powerful if you want to make Iron Bear more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.