• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly not feeling any of the characters, kinda bummed about it

As of now I guess I'll stick to what has become tradition
BL1- Roland 1st playthrough (Lv. 60), Brick (Lv. 60), Lilith (60+)
BL2- Axton (lv. 60), Maya (lv. 70)
BL3- Moze

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, but if I was gonna play Zane I would go all in on the drone and digiclone skill trees. The clone just sounds like a ton of fun and the drone skill tree has movement speed and the final "activate all kill skills at once" skill sounds insane if you combine it with the clone trickery. The shield is nice but I don't like that it forces you and your friends to stay in one spot to make use of it. If my friend is gonna play melee Amara then I don't think it would be that helpful overall. And I'd rather use the clone for my own survivability cause it's just more active and fun. FL4K's health regen is nice and pets are always cool for drawing aggro but Moze can give +10% incendiary damage to her allies everytime she reloads which is particularly useful with Amara depending on what skills she acquires. Then she can increase the gun damage of her allies by up to 60% if she gets three kills back to back. She can instantly recharge everyone's shields by entering Iron Bear. And to top it all off, Iron Bear could essentially be used as a shield for my teammate but that shield shoots back and has a minigun attached to its shoulder for my teammate to use once they recover.

Something like this for Moze. You could sacrifice some skills that make Moze herself more powerful if you want to make Iron Bear more powerful.
You can pick up the shield and make it mobile.

But yeah I agree I'm def going clone + drone for him. The activate all kill skills at once does sound amazing but it was already done (complete with clone trickery) in Borderlands TPS with Jack.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Ah was just asking for a friend, thanks.

Unrelated

SmartSelect_20190809-190400_YouTube.gif

What video is the gif from?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That monkey dog looking pet looks interesting, being able to upgrade them to have rockets.

But the skag having a singularity upgrade? That might be the top prize.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also i could be going crazy but i feel like the graphics look better than they were when the game was revealed

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a question of great importance :
You have to play as Fl4k to pet Fl4k's good bois, or can you pet your co-op partner's pets ?

Logistic

Oct 30, 2017
I'm looking to play this on PC and it appears Epic is my only choice for the 6 month exclusivity window. Are there any discounts available or some gmg/gog discounts? Thanks!

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I got 25 % off at GMG but it was a combination of a mail voucher that stacked with their summer sale so i think that window closed .

also worth keeping an eye out for fanatical or humble store, for the occasional sale .

Last edited:

TrickyPhysics

Oct 28, 2017
is there any split screen footage yet? will there be 30/60 fps options there too?

Some off screen footage here, but of course it pays to be a bit wary of E3 demos as far as how smoothly something runs.

also, fl4k gameplay the 16th ?

Actually even better, the official website says the 14th. A few streamers have also mentioned that they'll be showing off co-op that day, so hopefully plenty of Fl4k there.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
How so? Link to details/notes?
Saw it mentioned on reddit, certain skills got moved around on trees and numbers changed.

The 3d audio is doing wonders for the gun noises

I would love if class mods modified action skills. Like pearlescent class mods which can make amara's phasecast drop grenades at the end. Or her phase slam dazes enemies. Just something more to look forward to after hitting max level. Instead of class mods just making a build stronger, i'd like to see them create builds of their own.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like zane and amara got balance adjustments

Zane got nerfed. I think Amara got buffed overall. Zane's activate all kills skills is now his capstone instead of mid-tree choice. Lot's of his damage bonus were nerfed. Amara had Samsara nerfed, but honestly it was going to be near impossble to get 20+ stacks of that any way. Her capstone Forceful expression was buffed from 11 percent permanent elemental bonus damage to 18 percent. Her shock bonus damage Tempest took a big. That's still a great skill though that would have been broken in the original form.

I think they doing their best to make sure no class becomes Sal.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Zane got nerfed. I think Amara got buffed overall. Zane's activate all kills skills is now his capstone instead of mid-tree choice. Lot's of his damage bonus were nerfed. Amara had Samsara nerfed, but honestly it was going to be near impossble to get 20+ stacks of that any way. Her capstone Forceful expression was buffed from 11 percent permanent elemental bonus damage to 18 percent. Her shock bonus damage Tempest took a big. That's still a great skill though that would have been broken in the original form.

Which is for the best. Also hoping they avoid adding dumb shit like The Bee or Harold. Just makes later raid bosses insufferable because it's been designed around a broken class with broken guns

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like you could have made Samsara work greatly with a Mystical Assault focused build that allowed rapid use of your action skill. Get the Avatar skill that allows you to toss out a second phasecast while it's cooling down, and if you time your action skill use properly, you could no doubt reach some high stacks for Samsara in the 20 second duration Samsara stacks have. Now that damage potential has been lessened.

Not that I have much reason to complain, the game ain't even out yet.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Saw it mentioned on reddit, certain skills got moved around on trees and numbers changed.

I would love if class mods modified action skills. Like pearlescent class mods which can make amara's phasecast drop grenades at the end. Or her phase slam dazes enemies. Just something more to look forward to after hitting max level. Instead of class mods just making a build stronger, i'd like to see them create builds of their own.

The weapons look even more unique to the manufacturers than ever. I'm also assming Eridian weapons are gonna come back and they're just keeping this close to their chest. You're not likely to run into any of em early on from the footage they're showing us anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA

Holy shit, the gun at 10:54 is a flamethrower. I'm loving this increased variety with weapons. All the new animations are cool as well

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The guns look pretty damn cool compared to BL2, I like the Children of the Vault I've seen in that video, pretty flashy.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I took the plunge too but on X1X...said fuck it, was eventually going to buy the Season Pass so might as well take care of it all now.
Yeah. That's how I felt about it too. Knew I was going to want the DLC and such at some point.. and if prices are going up + i'm getting a discount now... well, what can I say. My hand was forced.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I'm pretty sure the kill skills on action skills was Jack's capstone in TPS so that makes sense they moved it. But yeah that would have meant you could have taken it and gotten another capstone at level 50.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This game damned well better offer way more storage for guns and equipment than Borderlands 2 did. What's the point of those unique, niche items if you can't hold on to much?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
The IGN video about Sanctuary 3 showed your stash, and looks like you can unlock more "pages" like in Diablo 3 (each page had what, 20 slots?). And it's shared across your characters.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
FL4K gameplay incoming:

Want to see what the Beastmaster is capable of? Tune in this Wednesday for a tidal wave of FL4K gameplay!

Livestreams start August 14 at 7AM PT / 10AM ET / 3PM BST.

Learn more: http://2kgam.es/FL4KGameplay

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
These character videos are pretty...boring? I don't know, it just seems like there is nothing interesting in them from the ones I've glimpsed at, and I even had to turn them off after a bit because they were just quite dull. Here's hoping there's more substance in the game and this was just a poorly edited video of each character.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
These character videos are pretty...boring? I don't know, it just seems like there is nothing interesting in them from the ones I've glimpsed at, and I even had to turn them off after a bit because they were just quite dull. Here's hoping there's more substance in the game and this was just a poorly edited video of each character.
I thought they were only ok outside of Zane's.

The character pages on the site have neat little blurbs where they highlight a few of the skills and give a few ideas of how to play the characters though

Last edited:

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
For anyone who saw the above post with the discount for the PC Super Deluxe edition from Green Man Gaming and wanted to catch the boat late - if you're thinking of asking GMG for a coupon, don't bother. Just tried it and they said no. Was worth a shot!

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
The IGN video about Sanctuary 3 showed your stash, and looks like you can unlock more "pages" like in Diablo 3 (each page had what, 20 slots?). And it's shared across your characters.
So they're just overwhelming you with lots of buyable bank slots and making them all a shared stash - almost a direct copy of how Diablo 3 does it. All things considered, this might be the best way to do it. With that said, I kind of hope we get some sorting options, ways to rename tabs, etc - because just a big ass pile of gun graphics in little boxes is going to be very confusing to see at a glance.

Oct 25, 2017
So they're just overwhelming you with lots of buyable bank slots and making them all a shared stash - almost a direct copy of how Diablo 3 does it. All things considered, this might be the best way to do it. With that said, I kind of hope we get some sorting options, ways to rename tabs, etc - because just a big ass pile of gun graphics in little boxes is going to be very confusing to see at a glance.

You could sort your inventory in BL2.

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
You could sort your inventory in BL2.
True, but having 100+ guns in a bank may need even better options than what BL2 offered. Plus, there, you could only see a relative few at a time, whereas here the icons will be smaller. We'll have to wait and see, but my guess is if they don't offer stuff like tab naming and such, people will demand it pretty quickly.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked real close where they show Marcus selling the upgrades to the backpack and bank. Looks like the backpack will max out at 39, like BL2, while the bank will hit 60, which is a solid increase although not wild. I guess there are also the trophies you can hang in your quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.