• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
True, but having 100+ guns in a bank may need even better options than what BL2 offered. Plus, there, you could only see a relative few at a time, whereas here the icons will be smaller. We'll have to wait and see, but my guess is if they don't offer stuff like tab naming and such, people will demand it pretty quickly.

We don't have that in Destiny and no is demanding it so I'm sure it really that big a of a deal. Sorting by item type works for me, but I do want to be able to see more than like 5 at time.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I just looked real close where they show Marcus selling the upgrades to the backpack and bank. Looks like the backpack will max out at 39, like BL2, while the bank will hit 60, which is a solid increase although not wild. I guess there are also the trophies you can hang in your quarters.
Ew that's barely an increase

Also the 60 slots... is that across all characters or just for 1?

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They said they merged the bank and the safe, so all. It's an increase, but yeah, not that much.

Hopefully there's more storage to unlock in some other fashion.
That's actually a decrease for the backpack (42 is the max in 1) and for the bank it's a decrease cause it's a set limit. Before you could just create more characters for bank slots.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a decrease for the backpack (42 is the max in 1) and for the bank it's a decrease cause it's a set limit. Before you could just create more characters for bank slots.
Yeah, true. I guess it's the equivalent of 2-3 characters' banks from BL2? It's at least more conveniently organized for sharing, but yeah, maybe less cool than I initially thought.

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
We don't have that in Destiny and no is demanding it so I'm sure it really that big a of a deal. Sorting by item type works for me, but I do want to be able to see more than like 5 at time.
Definitely. I never played much Destiny so I don't know if it applies there, but when I look at a bunch of non-legendary guns in BL1/2/TPS, they kind of all run together and I have to read out what they do to know which of my characters they're good for. If we're having to do that but with 40 items on one screen, could get confusing without some tabs to sort.

Or we'll just have a bunch of legendaries and it'll be clear which is which. I just know that with a larger bank capacity I'm gonna get greedy and hold more for additional situations.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
a real test for EGS ?

they got zero problems whenever they release large updates for Fortnite
I'm speaking in terms of third-party traffic and continued support for the six month window. While yes Fortnite has indeed handled some heavy traffic they still have live events crashing and patches can still be broken when too many try to download. It will be interesting to see how much of a struggle Borderlands 3 will be on downloading now that there is no preloading, as it will be a far bigger amount of data all being sourced out in close timing. Though there may be the benefit of not as many people downloading just because purchase numbers are low, who really knows until September but I'm keen to see how it all pans out as a real test to EGS.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm speaking in terms of third-party traffic and continued support for the six month window. While yes Fortnite has indeed handled some heavy traffic they still have live events crashing and patches can still be broken when too many try to download. It will be interesting to see how much of a struggle Borderlands 3 will be on downloading now that there is no preloading, as it will be a far bigger amount of data all being sourced out in close timing. Though there may be the benefit of not as many people downloading just because purchase numbers are low, who really knows until September but I'm keen to see how it all pans out as a real test to EGS.

I bought the game cause I'm really looking forward to play it but just got the standard edition. If the game comes to Steam one year down the line I'm hoping for a special edition with all the DLC.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The IGN video about Sanctuary 3 showed your stash, and looks like you can unlock more "pages" like in Diablo 3 (each page had what, 20 slots?). And it's shared across your characters.
This one?
bl3_stashtfksl.jpg

I don't see additional pages, only sorting using LT/RT. Looks like ~30 Slots overall, now completely shared across all chars, thats a massive reduction in storage space. :(

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This one?
bl3_stashtfksl.jpg

I don't see additional pages, only sorting using LT/RT. Looks like ~30 Slots overall, now completely shared across all chars, thats a massive reduction in storage space. :(
It's 10 default slots plus 10 upgrades (5 slots apiece) purchases from Marcus, based on what you see during the Marcus section of the IGN video. So 60 total.

It's a weird choice to limit it so much while touting billions of guns.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Here's my FL4K build. Low on survival, high on damage. Will at least try it out, but if I'm dying too much in single player I might shift some skills around.

My biggest question mark is the "Big Game" talent. It says it only affect "Hunter Skills", but I wonder if it also affects "Hunter Kill Skills"? There are no "Hunter Skills" (but plenty of "Hunter Kill Skills") in the Hunter tree, which is the tree with the "Big Game" talent, which makes me think it affects both types.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019

the pre purchase numbers are insane already, its been topping the charts since the pax announcement. Otherwise, fair enough !

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's 10 default slots plus 10 upgrades (5 slots apiece) purchases from Marcus, based on what you see during the Marcus section of the IGN video. So 60 total.

By comparison diablo 3 has like 300 stash space by default iirc and then you can unlock even more tabs. I'm struggling to understand why they went backwards from 2.

Does this also mean there's no armory option?

I'm so excited, can't wait for the launch. We're getting close now...
1 month

latest

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the wait is killling me. I'm so in the exact right mood for another Borderlands game and reading about the character skill trees has sent me over the edge.

Oct 26, 2017
In regards to inventory and stash space, remember we can (apparently) display guns in the player space on Sanctuary 3, so that's a few more spaces.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I have been looking around for some deals which happened to include some merchandise mixed in and I noticed Tiny Tina seem to have a little bit more than the other characters.

Epic must be expecting her to be popular in the game.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm still on the fence with the whole EGS thing. I don't want to buy the game there, but I know I won't be able to wait until it's released on Steam anyway, so...

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Can we not derail this thread with a topic that been argued, debated and litigated to death in dozens of other threads , please .

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

wait you're saying 60 shared slots total? not 60 slots per page with 10 pages? Also is there any non shared storage?

edit: nvm that 0/10 is how many empty slots there are...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder when the bl2vr dlc patch is coming

They said in the summer but classes start soon and we're only a month away from 3

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
wait you're saying 60 shared slots total? not 60 slots per page with 10 pages? Also is there any non shared storage?
If I'm interpreting the Marcus shop stuff and the view of the bank itself correctly, I don't see any indication of pages. It looks like 10 slots in the bank are available by default with 10 upgrades for purchase that add 5 slots apiece.

The backpack would be non-shared...

But, searching around I just saw a screencap with a different number of bank upgrades than the IGN video, so maybe it's all in flux anyway.

Also, maybe it'd make sense if each class could upgrade the bank the same amount, granting higher numbers. Otherwise, would upgrading the bank in one character simply remove the need/ability to do any upgrades for all future characters?

I dunno. One way or another, they really need to offer more storage than before.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I highly suspect my co-op group might end up a roaming band of 4 Fla4ks , so i might go as Zane at first and see how it goes . none of us have here any hand on experience with the game , but if if i read his skills correctly it seems that the right way to play him is being aggressive and on the move, to get those kill skills going... I just hope my decaying old man instincts wont be too much of an issue .

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So a quick question, is this a straight continuation from Borderlands 2 with no reason to purchase Borderlands The Prequel? I know that the name says it is indeed a game set before everything that happened but I just wanted to check as I'm about to kick up Borderlands 2 to actually play Tiny Tina's DnD DLC and that one for linking into BL3.

Apr 8, 2018
Got around to preordering the Super Deluxe Edition on Xbox today. I was originally going to go physical, but I really want to play this as soon as it releases.

Btw, has there been anything announced regarding a preload date for consoles? The article posted earlier only talks about no preload being available on the EGS. Clickbait titles at it's finest.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
So a quick question, is this a straight continuation from Borderlands 2 with no reason to purchase Borderlands The Prequel? I know that the name says it is indeed a game set before everything that happened but I just wanted to check as I'm about to kick up Borderlands 2 to actually play Tiny Tina's DnD DLC and that one for linking into BL3.

Pre-sequel prologue and epilogue scene set after vanilla Borderlands 2, but right before the latest Borderlands 2 DLC. The main story however mostly a set up for Borderlands 2.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This has at least 2 characters from TPS as somewhat major characters.

Plus TPS is a lot of fun and a lot of the skills of 3 took clear inspiration from it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That FL4K trailer song, Jesper fucking Kyd the GOD. What I'd give to see him return to Hitman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.