• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Love the idea of a loot shooter that isn't essentially GAAS/MTX based. Heaven.
This why Borderlands remains the GOAT imo. There's just a shit ton of content to dive in after paying for the price of admission. The campaigns are meaty, and there's a ton of side missions and activities to find out while exploring the world. You don't get drip feed new stuff to do months later, because it's already there day 1 for you to play. they release new DLC to get players to dive back in, instead of recycling shit with a new gimmick and calling it new content. Excited for next month.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Everything I've seen and heard points to it being the game Borderlands fans really want. Gearbox don't seem to be chasing more modern loot-shooter trends, which is music to my ears.

Very good to hear. And anything about enemies being bullet spongy? Do they react to being shot? In the footage I've seen I noticed that didn't look too great and I hope they've looked at it. Any mention of that at all?

Oct 27, 2017
Very good to hear. And anything about enemies being bullet spongy? Do they react to being shot? In the footage I've seen I noticed that didn't look too great and I hope they've looked at it. Any mention of that at all?

They do stagger for some hits but the way they transition into physics animated deaths is way better and there's way more gory / dismemberment deaths too.

Oct 26, 2017
It's far better than before, I've seen shotgun blasts knock enemies on their asses for example and the fact that weapon sounds are a lot punchier now adds a lot as well.
I was watching a Playstation cess video earlier and was one of the first things the guys playing mentioned.
There was a fair bit of bullet spongyness for a couple of enemies, but they they did look a couple of levels higher than the player character. It Also just kinda goes hand in hand with rpg elements imo.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
They do stagger for some hits but the way they transition into physics animated deaths is way better and there's way more gory / dismemberment deaths too.
It's far better than before, I've seen shotgun blasts knock enemies on their asses for example and the fact that weapon sounds are a lot punchier now adds a lot as well.
I was watching a Playstation cess video earlier and was one of the first things the guys playing mentioned.
There was a fair bit of bullet spongyness for a couple of enemies, but they they did look a couple of levels higher than the player character. It Also just kinda goes hand in hand with rpg elements imo.

All I needed to know. Thanks a lot folks! Now I'm going dark on this game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Recent footage looks great. Finally we get some better views of the IQ and textures.

So many good look games coming out over the next few weeks. Not sure if I will find time to play them all.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everything about this BL looks amazing.

That VG24/7 video especially : the game looks so, so good, like clean AF. Lighting, particles, textures and all these little details I mean damn. The art direction in general, from what I see, looks just perfect to me.

And the gunplay looks and sounds so much better than ever. Fuck I wanna play it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about this BL looks amazing.

That VG24/7 video especially : the game looks so, so good, like clean AF. Lighting, particles, textures and all these little details I mean damn.

And the gunplay looks and sounds so much better than ever. Fuck I wanna play it.

But some Era members told me it look exactly the same as Borderlands 1...

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
So excited for this. Looks great, and I'm happy they didn't stray from what makes the series unique and appealing (though the humor remains mostly a miss for my tastes).

My only real nitpick is how quickly blood pools/scorch marks on the ground fade out. I know it's for the sake of performance, but they're gone so fast it's visually jarring.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Kotaku preview is weird. It's the only one so far where I read the gunplay is on the level of the previous entries when everybody else says it's been improved drastically, and half the preview isn't about the game but the controversies surrounding it.
Sounds like a Kotaku preview to me.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Shame so much controversy surrounds the game, because it really does look like a fantastic sequel that builds on and improves on the best aspects of the previous games.