• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
that's like asking why MS didn't offer $1 Gamepass subs or the conversion of Gold to Gamepass Ultimate from the start.

Marketing is a dynamic process. You try stuff, evaluate, refine, iterate.

Then they missed the mark. They should have made that move when the twitch numbers dropped.

Dec 13, 2018
looks like the egs exclusivity didn't hurt it much then
Actually, the game sold well is a simpleton's conclusion. In order to see through the lies you need to make several fundamental assumptions, don't worry it's okay, to construct a view of the true situation. Generating LOGICAL questions with answers that might be EGS is floundering is what's important here; and let me tell you, when you ignore the parts of the original statement that don't support the true hypothesis, the self evident conclusion that BL3 was crippled by EGS exposes itself. Don't feel bad you didn't see it, you have to have a well trained brain in mental gymnastics to navigate this PR web of lies.

Last edited:

Ghostwalker

Oct 30, 2017
Good for Gearbox but the original tweet as has been said is worded extremely poorly. It says "Fastest selling 2k game" and "Highest selling 2k game on PC". Now the 1st point is fine as it would indicate the most sales in a 5 day period for example or other "fast" time period after launch which it sounds like is what happened, but the second implies that it is...the highest selling 2k game on PC, which I dont think is true as Civ has like 10M sales.

I am sure it true as this is for the first 5 days of sales only and they would have applied the same rules for Civs numbers. In addition the way they wrote just mean it the highest selling game that has a PC version so they are counting the PS4 and XBox numbers in that. They could have sold just 1% on of the copies on PC and it would still be a true statement.