• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
At least he takes it seriously.

Trump would never admit he even had it if he tested positive and would keep pushing to reopen the country for businesses.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's not something to be happy about. I know people wish death on leaders here alot but think about the country wide implications of a world leader dying during this crisis. Nothing good could come from that. Even if say Trump died tomorrow, you don't want that level of instability during these times. You don't want that panic on top of the panic that is already there.
I want it.

Oct 27, 2017
Hope he recovers, I am not a fan of him but no one deserves this.

Hopefully this means he can understand just how deadly this virus actually is and puts out a more stringent lockdown, delivery only, closing all small spaces shops if possible, no busses ect.
Gonna get a lot worse.

On the contrary, my concern is that him being able to continue daily briefings (if only via video link) and end up fighting this thing off, will contribute to complacency and feed into the thicko's who want to downplay all this.

I will stop short of actively wishing him harm here, which I think is for goulish freaks, but this is absolutely concerning for reasons beyond his own health.

broadwayrock

Oct 27, 2017
Boris video conferencing? good job he had all those one on one technology lessons with that American lady.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
The UK people are very lucky the pushback changed Boris's idiotic herd immunity nonsense because he would be solely responsible for so many deaths.
He will still be because everything was still open until 7 days ago and even on the weekend people flocked to the parks and other public spaces.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
No sympathy for someone going out of his way to keep shaking people's hands during a global pandemic.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully all the people he has come into contact with can be identified, tested, and put into isolation.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Hope he is OK. not one of his fans but still wouldn't wish this or death upon anybody.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
On the contrary, my concern is that him being able to continue daily briefings (if only via video link) and end up fighting this thing off, will contribute to complacency and feed into the thicko's who want to downplay all this.

I will stop short of actively wishing him harm here, which I think is for goulish freaks, but this is absolutely concerning for reasons beyond his own health.
Yep, that is exactly what I am worried off. He will have better heath care than what millionaires get and will most likely recover well.
I do feel he will think it's just a flu and try to carry on like it's nothing serious.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough but we were at a different point of the epidemic. Not like he said this, within the last few days.
We're only at this point of the epidemic this quickly because he said shit like this. A lot of the cases popping up now will have been infected back when he said things like this and downplayed the whole thing and are just now showing symptoms.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Well I didn't vote for him and I think he's a massive cunt, but I still hope he recovers. I'm not about to wish death on somebody like some lunatics on here happily do.

Just hope he didn't pass to anybody too vulnerable. If the PM has it, doubt that's the last case in Parliament too.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Private testing has definitely been available for a while now. See the abundance of politicians, royalty, and celebs that know they have it already.

It's only us plebs that have to live with the "not knowing until you are obviously sick enough to have it" process.
Yeah, Idris Elba was confirmed positive without symptoms.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Besides not being into people dying, the US and UK will be fine if a leader croaks, they are easily replaced.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Would it? No matter how awful he is, a president dying is going to send the country into further chaos and then we have Pence anyway.
Part of me thinks if Trump got it and died from it, it would make people start to take it seriously and implement measures to minimise risks elsewhere.

But another part of me knows it would just be spun into a thousand conspiracy theories blaming China and the Democrats, and would somehow escalate misinformation campaigns.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
What are "Mild Symptoms"?
In a video posted on Twitter minutes ago, the prime minister, Boris Johnson, confirmed he had developed mild symptoms – "a temperature and persistent cough" – over the last 24 hours and, on the advice of the chief medical officer, he took a test which returned positive for coronavirus.
11.21 on the Guardian feed.
www.theguardian.com

UK coronavirus live: rate of infection doubling every three to four days, says Gove – as it happened

Death toll rises by 181 to 759, the sharpest increase so far, with Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock and Chris Whitty all now in self-isolation