• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Says he can't justify public money to make this happen*. Numerous tories have pledged to support this call-to-funds

Total raised so far £329 lol

(this may not be the official fundraiser but if it isn't I don't know where the real one is, which doesn't bode well)

Boris also wants all the church bells to ring out in celebration. This is even worse an idea imo. Just rubbing our faces in the manky turd he has laid. Fortunately the clergy don't seem that keen on it.

*Big Ben** is in storage while the tower and clock are being repaired. Apparently it would cost this much to halt the repairs, reinstall Big Ben, make it 'bong' then put it back in storage.
** Big Ben is the bell.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The timeline continues.

/facepalm

Watch the hate crimes increase around the 31st, why haven't you gone back to your own country as the bell rings.

Shitshow.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
If we raise more than the amount required it will be put into a fund that will be used for the following purposes:
1. To help young people improve their life chances (e.g. funding training business start ups or social enterprise)
2. Assistance to clubs, schools, individuals and families who are directly adversely impacted by Brexit.
3. Projects that are designed to help local people take pride in Britain and their local community (e.g. restoring green spaces, investment in community facilities, commemoration of the achievements of current or past members of the local community where their achievements benefitted others).
"..but the first half-million will naturally go toward making a clock strike."

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What happened to 'uniting the country'? Now they want to bong every bell across the land just to stick it to us the fuckers. Tempted to donate the minimum fiver just so I can call them all cunts but seems like a waste of money.

Ghostswillpass

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's a lot of money that could be doing some good, instead, it will go towards boosting the ego of fucking tories.

I hate my country.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to 'uniting the country'? Now they want to bong every bell across the land just to stick it to us the fuckers. Tempted to donate the minimum fiver just so I can call them all cunts but seems like a waste of money.

Their idea of uniting people is literally just forcing British memes to culturally obligate people

Also why don't we fund our NHS instead?

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Wow lol, maybe he can since they're saving all that money by not paying the EU

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's insane. They are laughing at us. Brexit is going to be a disaster for most people and all you will here is "we are all in this together" banking crisis, austerity etc. Shafted will be an understatement. I will be surprised there isn't mass riots eventually.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I can confidently bet that everyone that donated so far looks like Alan Brazil

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

And also, how can there even be people "adversely impacted" by the best decision ever made with zero downsides that will lead to the UK prospering and being unimaginably successful at everything forever?

Would be nice if even a single Brexit supporter asked that question when reading that gofundme page, but yeah that's not going to happen.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Now that all the broken promises have frittered away to dust, all that's left before facing the reality of the disaster we've gleefully marched into is empty, jingoistic symbolism like this.

Can't he just put a loudspeaker up there and play a "bong" recording?

Bellend-in-chief Richard Tice was on LBC yesterday saying exactly this - if they can't get the real deal, they'll just play a recording of Big Ben anyway. Clown show.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Asking Brexiteers to put their money where their mouth is. Naturally they run a mile.

If it was such an important landmark event we should get a public holiday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When are we expecting the economy to crash?

It's not going to be a thing like one day it's fine and the next day there are bank runs and martial law. Growth is below expectations, recession is possible, which is pretty bad because we haven't recovered from the last recession due to this shit and there isn't much of a buffer. But I guess anytime in the next five years.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason why it costs half a mil to ring the bell?

SWoS

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Fitting that Johnson wants a *bell* to mark the *end* of this massive shitshow (and the beginning of another).

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I have to be honest. While Brexit is terrible, I can't wait for Boris and all the xenophobes who voted for it to realize they've screwed themselves irreversibly. There's a lot of schadenfreude to be felt from the self-inflicted suffering of racists, and I'm here to feel all of it.

Shame about the other 48% populace trapped in this situation.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why it costs half a mil to ring the bell?

It's under renovation and because of that, shouldn't be bonged.

"This estimate is based on the fixed cost of installing, testing, operating and dismantling the temporary mechanism used to sound the bell during the works, as well as an allowance for each week that work on the project is delayed."

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have to be honest. While Brexit is terrible, I can't wait for Boris and all the xenophobes who voted for it to realize they've screwed themselves irreversibly. There's a lot of schadenfreude to be felt from the self-inflicted suffering of racists, and I'm here to feel all of it.

Shame about the other 48% populace trapped in this situation.

well they won't. They'll stick their heads in the sand, then blame the EU for not negoitating in good faith, then blame the left for somethign or other. Basically its everybody elses fault. And all those that voted for it will lap that up.

We're in Trump style 'all opinions are equal' world now where facts don't matter - just hand waving and pandering to twats

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Perfectly reasonable, the gargoyle fight's a bastard and five hundred thousand pounds is a fair price to hire a skilled warrior to face them.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
If they agree to bong Rule Britannia then I will donate

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
£500k for a bong?! In my day we made them out of coconuts and bottles.

I'd like to take a hit on a £500k bong. It better be a smooth hit for that price.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So much for the anti London Elite vote, lol. Spare some change for our big clock.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to all the fucking pish about how the world hasn't ended on Feb 1st from people who think Brexit is done.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
They should raise that money to build a bong the size of Big Ben. It will come in much more handy once Brexit starts to really hurt.