• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How many GIFs of Hinata trying to act annoyed/mean are there I wonder

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I mean, who the hell even came up with all this, it can't be just Kishimoto. You have a cool plot with the Otsutsuki Clan still being around, a badass hollow moon dimension, the moon is actually a bomb, and Hinata and the Hyuga Clan are the key to stopping them. But no what's the actual plot? That Naruto and Hinata are too shy to confess their feelings and can only do so while saving the world, and that Hinata is too weak to do anything by herself. Oh and hobo Sasuke only for 10 seconds. Fuck this movie proper.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
To me this arc feels rushed into. It's a sudden motivation change for Boruto who has been saying almost the exact opposite message in regards to his Ninja way and who he wants to become for the first 30 or so episodes. The one thing that makes complete sense is his increasing anger for his father. There are other little details that don't add up like Sasuke asking what Boruto's name is during this arc(didn't he know of Boruto during their previous arc together?) but overall I guess this arc is a good thing since we are moving forward with the plot.
Wait what do you mean by motivation change?

And while I do think it's silly Sasuke doesn't know Boruto's name they haven't met until now

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Naruto forgot Hinata confessed when she nearly died doing it?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we not counting Road to Ninja
tumblr_oa2scchBys1u8x83lo2_500.gif

-----------

Speaking of the LAST, I wonder if they will ever explain the connection the byakugan has to the sun as we saw them absorb sunlight and become stronger to the point of exploding (with Toneri) from it

Kishi

lol he should've actually let the relationship physically grow from there (Post Pain) but heck Kishi needed a reason for Sakura to still be awful (false confession)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Has Hinata ever sworn in her life?

Heck we never even knew she could roll her eyes until we saw how she acted in front of her sister in THE LAST

seems like she keeps her personality exclusive to her family as seen in Boruto
To me this arc feels rushed into. It's a sudden motivation change for Boruto who has been saying almost the exact opposite message in regards to his Ninja way and who he wants to become for the first 30 or so episodes. The one thing that makes complete sense is his increasing anger for his father. There are other little details that don't add up like Sasuke asking what Boruto's name is during this arc(didn't he know of Boruto during their previous arc together?) but overall I guess this arc is a good thing since we are moving forward with the plot.
Sasuke never met Boruto until this arc

but I get what you mean with the whole Dad issues, but SP has to work with the drama Kishi put in a movie that had no plan to be a series in the first place

of course they added somethings to explain Naruto's carelessness like the Zetsus and other things so hopefully after this arc the whole Dad drama will be behind us

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Wait what do you mean by motivation change?

And while I do think it's silly Sasuke doesn't know Boruto's name they haven't met until now

By motivation change I mean the same thing he was criticizing Iwabee for earlier in the show(which helped motivate Iwabee as a character), he is now sort of doing himself. It is odd writing and backwards character growth.

Also, are you sure Boruto didn't meet Sasuke during Sarada's arc to find him? I'm pretty sure they all met up and spoke before facing the knockoff orochimaru character. Also, if that entire arc was filler the anime should still account for them meeting before with a simple line change.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By motivation change I mean the same thing he was criticizing Iwabee for earlier in the show(which helped motivate Iwabee as a character), he is now sort of doing himself.

Also, are you sure Boruto didn't meet Sasuke during Sarada's arc to find him? I'm pretty sure they all met up and spoke before facing the knockoff orochimaru character. Also, if that entire arc was filler the anime should still account for them meeting before with a simple line change.

Boruto didn't meet Sasuke at all during that arc. He (Boruto) only showed up to give Sarada the food before they took off and at the end once everyone (sans Sasuke) was back in Konoha. Momoshiki Arc/Chunin Exams is the first time they've met.

And it's kind of an aspect of Boruto's character that he's hypocritical, in more ways in one.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
By motivation change I mean the same thing he was criticizing Iwabee for earlier in the show(which helped motivate Iwabee as a character), he is now sort of doing himself. It is odd writing and backwards character growth.

I don't remember what he called Iwabee out on earlier, it's been a while so you'll have to refresh my memory.

And Boruto wasn't involved in the Sarada arc except in the beginning and end, he didn't meet Sasuke until this arc.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Boruto didn't meet Sasuke at all during that arc. He (Boruto) only showed up to give Sarada the food before they took off and at the end once everyone (sans Sasuke) was back in Konoha. Momoshiki Arc/Chunin Exams is the first time they've met.

And it's kind of an aspect of Boruto's character that he's hypocritical, in more ways in one.

I don't remember what he called Iwabee out on earlier, it's been a while so you'll have to refresh my memory.

And Boruto wasn't involved in the Sarada arc except in the beginning and end, he didn't meet Sasuke until this arc.

Ah okay, I must have remembered that Sarada arc wrong. The beginning of the show and Iwabee episodes are when I asked myself 'how in the world are they going to change this current Boruto character to the lying, cheating, 'dont want to be a part of this Ninja heiarchy' Boruto? Iwabee for the most part used to be movie Boruto. He didn't care about ranks and wanted to do his own thing without the need of ranks, he lied and was unmotivated in addition to being angry at the world and how things worked. Boruto talked him out of this mentality through fighting and motivational talks. After the last two arcs with the bank robber and Byakuga clan which helped Boruto grow even more from a moral standpoint, that moment I pretty much thought, 'well it must be something monumental that would cause this backwards change in him because now he seems pretty set in his ideals in life'. So this arc starting how it did, aside from him being mad about his father never being around, didn't make sense that he would have such a negative shift so fast. The only main thing barely holding this plot point together is his anger around Naruto. They could have done this better.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They've been building up to this for awhile, to be honest. His resentment towards Naruto has been an on-and-off thing in the background since the beginning of the series, and Boruto's lack of resolve as a Ninja has been there too. Kakashi even basically foreshadowed everything that happens in this arc.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay, I must have remembered that Sarada arc wrong. The beginning of the show and Iwabee episodes are when I asked myself 'how in the world are they going to change this current Boruto character to the lying, cheating, 'dont want to be a part of this Ninja heiarchy' Boruto? Iwabee for the most part used to be movie Boruto. He didn't care about ranks and wanted to do his own thing without the need of ranks, he lied and was unmotivated in addition to being angry at the world and how things worked. Boruto talked him out of this mentality through fighting and motivational talks. After the last two arcs with the bank robber and Byakuga clan which helped Boruto grow even more from a moral standpoint, that moment I pretty much thought, 'well it must be something monumental that would cause this backwards change in him because now he seems pretty set in his ideals in life'. So this arc starting how it did, aside from him being mad about his father never being around, didn't make sense that he would have such a negative shift so fast. The only main thing barely holding this plot point together is his anger around Naruto. They could have done this better.

In the last few eps, especially with the Zetsu encounter Boruto has been feeling like he hasn't been progressing fast enough. And even in this recent ep he's been hesitant to use the ninja tech. I think he's just in conflict. I don't think that necessarily goes against his past actions but he doesn't know how long Sasuke will be around and Naruto breaking his promise seems to have spurred something in him so he's desperately doing what he can to get their attention.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Why is he stealing stuff? (This is what happens when you don't give your kids attention)

Anyways, I'm going to blame Sasuke too for the scientific ninja tool too: the kid gets motivated for the first time in his life and all he gets is a "oh... is that a Rasengan?, it doesn't look like it", so obviously he ends up going to the only adult that doesn't have any resemblance of authority over him.

Last edited:

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Come on, the first thing he says to Sarada when she starts asking questions is "Nothing of this is your business" or something like that.

Dude has issues trying to express himself.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
I mean... even Sarada thought he rejected Boruto.

When two persons got the message wrong then maybe is the person who made the statement the one that is doing somethng wrong here, people!!!

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't blame Sasuke. It's entirely Boruto's fault for jumping to conclusions and being so brash.
it is like Sasuke wasn't an attention seeking kid too and one point
man who knew?

Yeah it's funny but I wouldn't actually put the blame on Sasuke lol.
not all the blame but he could've did something about it

Also the exams should've had a massive sign on the rules and what you can and can't use before participating

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
that picture of kid Sasuke reminds me that we need a scene of him teaching Sarada the fireball jutsu, unless she already knows it in the series and I'm forgetting. (I know she has it in the games)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For this current arc being compared to the movie and the manga it seems it will be the definite version

even the official timeline posts the anime cover for the chunnin exams over the manga one

that picture of kid Sasuke reminds me that we need a scene of him teaching Sarada the fireball jutsu, unless she already knows it in the series and I'm forgetting. (I know she has it in the games)
In the Manga she uses it twice later on... as to how she acquired it?

Who knows

Man if this was an actually Chunnin Exams fresh from the gate with no interrruptions then we could've done a game of BEST TEAM minus of course Team 7

Last edited:

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you are saying Kishi wouldn't ever have had a character like Boruto?

No, that Kishi would never have made a series about Boruto. Its not interesting or refreshing in any manner.

"The story is slow and derivative"

Shippuden was like that too...

giphy.gif

The Shippuden manga had incredible pace till the climax of Sasuke vs Itachi and Pain invading.

You had:
- Gaara rescue mission
- Sasuke confrontation
- Sasuke killing Oro and hunting Akatsuki
- Immortals arc
- Naruto training
- Jiriaya investigating Pain
- Sasuke vs Itachi
- Pain invasion

Early Shipuuden was the peak of Naruto's growth and popularity as a franchise and the manga threads every week were insane fun.

-Sasuke VS Otsutsuki at the beginning of 53. If this is an indicator of what the serious battles will look like going foward, than I can't wait. Top tier animation and choreography going on there.

Its not. That scene was copy and pasted from the movie.

People hating on The Last... ;_;

It had a horrible script.

I mean, who the hell even came up with all this, it can't be just Kishimoto. You have a cool plot with the Otsutsuki Clan still being around, a badass hollow moon dimension, the moon is actually a bomb, and Hinata and the Hyuga Clan are the key to stopping them. But no what's the actual plot? That Naruto and Hinata are too shy to confess their feelings and can only do so while saving the world, and that Hinata is too weak to do anything by herself. Oh and hobo Sasuke only for 10 seconds. Fuck this movie proper.

Kishi had very little to do with The Last. He actually had more input in Road to Ninja lol

For the script blame this person: Maruo Kyōzuka

False
Screen_Shot_2018-04-27_at_12.21.56.jpg

Naruto just didn't have any romantic feelings for Hinata at the time.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
They took movie footage and pasted it in to the anime? On one hand, that's gonna suck cause nothing will look as good. On the other hand, Boruto looks good enough where they fooled me, and its better to have excellent animation from the movie supplanted into the Anime, then get some bullshit line art and bad animation like Dragon Ball Super, which fucked up BoG and Ressurection F.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
well the ninja tools will eventually give us
Manga:
AO and Kashin Koiji so all is fine

Edit: I wonder if this is true

which means that they likely don't want to pass the manga

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that source is true. It'd be more widely reported now if it was.

Naruto just didn't have any romantic feelings for Hinata at the time.

He had romantic feelings for Hinata at the time. Kiba's comment + the scene you linked was basically an admission that he was trying to act cool in front of her because of it.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
102 episodes is random and makes no sense. I mean, it could be believable if it's just a hiatus for the manga to do a lot more but yeah, don't see it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto manga chapter spoilers are HYPE
-Boruto seal activates
-Kawaki is shown
-KK uses rasengan vs Konohamaru

102 episodes is random and makes no sense. I mean, it could be believable if it's just a hiatus for the manga to do a lot more but yeah, don't see it.
if it is true then it is likely a hiatus
by then the anime would likely be wear the manga is currently right now

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really do wonder what they're going to do when the manga catches up. They've made it pretty clear they're not doing non-canonical filler so... Overtake the manga ala Dragon Ball Super? Convert to a seasonal anime ala Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia?

Boruto manga chapter spoilers are HYPE
-Boruto seal activates
-Kawaki is shown
-KK uses rasengan vs Konohamaru

shitjustgotreal9nuvj.gif

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the flames he uses that is like Amaterasu is from some chinese folk lore

part of the lore had something to do with rejuvenating one's lifespan

so that instead could be the old man himself

There is absolutely no way that's Jiraiya. Kishimoto himself said part of the reason why Jiraiya wasn't revived during the Fourth Shinobi World War was because it'd cheapen his death. I'm pretty sure Kishi would never allow such a plot twist.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely no way that's Jiraiya. Kishimoto himself said part of the reason why Jiraiya wasn't revived during the Fourth Shinobi World War was because it'd cheapen his death. I'm pretty sure Kishi would never allow such a plot twist.
could be a clone or someone injected with jiraiyas dna a la the hashirama cells , or like mitsuki

Last edited: