• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Your boss was just playing it safe. Hoping to not offend the pro-glazed movement, the cinnamon support groups, the society of free bear claws, the raspberry jellers, etc.

But alas, his good natured gesture blew up in his face anyway, and is now publicly shamed on the internet.

Let this be a lesson to all who try to do something nice. ;-)

The Pot

Oct 25, 2017
TN
Your boss was just playing it safe. Hoping to not offend the pro-glazed movement, the cinnamon support groups, the society of free bear claws, the raspberry jellers, etc.

But alas, his good natured gesture blew up in his face anyway, and is now publicly shamed on the internet.

Let this be a lesson to all who try to do something nice. ;-)

You forgot blueberry! I'm outraged!

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
If you do plain, you know that no matter who is there, they can enjoy the food. It's like ordering at least a cheese pizza at a party, you know at least everyone there can enjoy it.

I'm a blueberry jelly filled mark myself.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
In my first year of my apprenticeship as an electrician we had to reinstall all of a 50-year-old cinema's electrical installations. Of course planning was as always wrong as fuck so we had to do overtime (7:30am to about 3:00am) for about two months to get everything done in the timeframe given.

At the end of the month my boss showed up with several cases of beer for us to thank us on top of paying for the extra hours+bonus.

It was like a case of beer(20 bottles aka 10 liters each) of any kind I had ever heard of, about maybe 10 in total and our team consisted of 6 guys!

And I was 16 at the time. Still the best boss ever!

Edit: That said though, I would have been happy with a box of doughnuts too. :P

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Only plain glazed donut I'll ever eat is fresh from Shipley's Donuts.

But I'm more of a Kolache guy tbh

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Any good manager would bring assorted donuts. My guess is he don't give an f because it's all over soon.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Had a similar situation where my boss ordered pizza for the team (roughly 15 people) and he ordered 5 supreme pizzas... like, what? Even if you are ok with all the veggies we had a vegetarian on our team who couldn't eat either.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Tell him you want to reward his leadership and promise to buy him a pizza. Order one pizza with quadruple pineapple toppings.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Tell him you want to reward his leadership and promise to buy him a pizza. Order one pizza with quadruple pineapple toppings.
Looks delicious!
yGwQeVs.jpg

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember in all companies there is a ladder, he's just making sure you're all aware of where your stood on that ladder lol

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like he has some corporate handbook that tells him rewarding employees will make them feel valued or some shit.

BryanFulton

Sep 3, 2018
Your manager is definitely playing some mind games there. Even if plain was the only option, he'd have said something to you all. Also, a ton of people in this thread missing the point of your original post. Especially the ones who are complaining about you being ungrateful. I didn't get the feeling that you were being ungrateful at all. More like you are trying to figure out what's going on in your manager's head.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Your boss is looking out for your well being by not getting you an even worse donut and here you are complaining. Go ahead, get diabetes bro, I don't care about you no more. Take the diabetes fool.

I bring my guys pan dulce and chocolate abuelita. Mfs love that shit. Time to let someone go.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Plain glazed is acceptable but not super exciting.

Variety pack is always a win.

All chocolate glazed would be the donut savior but I guess not everyone would be a fan.

All plain plain donuts is some deranged shit. Whenever I buy stuff for people I use a bit of thought process like "what would everyone like"? You know, because we're trying to live in a society.

This is the donut equivalent of getting everyone ham and pineapple pizza at a pizza party instead of the universally loved pepperoni.

Oct 25, 2017
Did he at least bring in coffee? And no it doesn't matter whether there is coffee available at the office generally, it's the spirit of the thing.

Seriously your boss is such a piece of work he didn't even go to the minor effort of getting a variety pack and I mean yeah the variety pack has crullers and them shits are garbage that nobody wants but it's the thought that counts in situations like that.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Your manager is definitely playing some mind games there. Even if plain was the only option, he'd have said something to you all. Also, a ton of people in this thread missing the point of your original post. Especially the ones who are complaining about you being ungrateful. I didn't get the feeling that you were being ungrateful at all. More like you are trying to figure out what's going on in your manager's head.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's not like "Fuck you and your doughnuts, I want caviar!"

It's more like "thanks for the doughnuts, why the eff did you go out of your way to get plain?"

Like, you have to ask for all plain.

And it's not like we're fancy business people eating candy bars with forks and knives.

Just dudes, in a warehouse, driving forklifts.
I'm sure no one there was on some keto diet or whatever, lmao.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
Tims donuts are pre-baked, frozen, reheated in a convection oven and then glazed unless plain.

Plain Tims donuts are a choking hazard and not comparable to fried donuts like KK.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
OP, maybe this is some passive aggressive type shit because you're not doing Sunday overtime like everybody else

"I could have gotten all the varieties but somebody aka Mikey Jr. had to go and get on home early yet again....well, next time we'll see..."

Better watch out, now your co-workers know that they'll be subjected to trash doughnuts due to your selfishness, smh

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
A plain cake donut with a black coffee is actually fantastic, even if it sounds very boring.

It's pretty much the only way I'll eat a donut. Glazed donuts are WAY too rich for me.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Been there, OP. "You guys did great, here are donuts!" but it was the opposite where instead of just normal donuts it was like every fucking odd flavor no one wants in a box. Like he went, "I really should surprise them with the biggest donuts here!" and it's like motherfucker, what ever happened to just a chocolate covered donut? It's not rocket science.

The one time I was asked to pick 'em up, I did that shit right. People talked about that all day.

Also he gets candy for his candy dish but purposefully gets shitty candy so no one eats it. Like, he for-real told me that was his game plan. So if I want free candy at work, I gotta snoop around other department lead desks. Thankfully HR is usually stacked on mini snickers bars.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
OP, maybe this is some passive aggressive type shit because you're not doing Sunday overtime like everybody else

"I could have gotten all the varieties but somebody aka Mikey Jr. had to go and get on home early yet again....well, next time we'll see..."

Better watch out, now your co-workers know that they'll be subjected to trash doughnuts due to your selfishness, smh

Lol. Wondering when someone would connect the two threads.