• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That late stage capitalism trying to get your hopes up then crushing them. Ordinarily I would say less sugar is probably doing you a long term favor, but given the circumstances.... yeesh, he really went out of his way to be a jerk.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I know at all the donut shops here if you buy a dozen donuts, or a box of timbits they will ask "Assorted?" and if you say yes they will give you all the crap nobody wants.

You need to specifically request quantities of each type to not have them unload garbage on you.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of when the office orders pizza and some psycho has to include multiple veggie pizzas in the order. At the end of the day there are two pizzas no one wants with one slice taken from them, and not enough meat pizza to go around.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of when the office orders pizza and some psycho has to include multiple veggie pizzas in the order. At the end of the day there are two pizzas no one wants with one slice taken from them, and not enough meat pizza to go around.

Reminds me of the time my other place ordered from Pizza Nova, aka struggle pizza.
Good pizza when your homeless and don't have much cash.

Some fucker put white onion on the fucking pizza.

Mother fucker. Fucking white onion asshole.

vider

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
Your boss brought donuts, my boss on the other hand would rather walk up to you and explain to you how incompetent you are.

I'd rather have some plain donuts.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
That's somethin lol. At first of course I thought you just meant glazed, which would be great for me because i always feel like most of that other stuff just isn't as good.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you could call something unglazed/unfilled a donut. So it's like a bagel with sweet dough?

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I bet there was a deal where if he buys a dozen assorted donuts he gets a dozen plain ones free. He gave you guys his leftovers.

Yort

Oct 28, 2017
12 plain Tim Hortons donuts is worse than nothing at all, that's crazy OP. And he had to ask for this, the default would be assorted.

Mintaro

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
As a plain doughnut advocate I see how it xould be tempting to get a whole box of them due to sheer delciousness.

But he should know plain doughnuts are an acquired taste. Dick move on his part.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
You are salty because he wants to reward/thank you?
I'd be salty because I have to exist in the same room with this guy, but you know. everyone is different.
Reminds me of the time my other place ordered from Pizza Nova, aka struggle pizza.
Good pizza when your homeless and don't have much cash.

Some fucker put white onion on the fucking pizza.

Mother fucker. Fucking white onion asshole.
that entire pizza is dead to me.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Been there, OP. "You guys did great, here are donuts!" but it was the opposite where instead of just normal donuts it was like every fucking odd flavor no one wants in a box. Like he went, "I really should surprise them with the biggest donuts here!" and it's like motherfucker, what ever happened to just a chocolate covered donut? It's not rocket science.

The one time I was asked to pick 'em up, I did that shit right. People talked about that all day.

Also he gets candy for his candy dish but purposefully gets shitty candy so no one eats it. Like, he for-real told me that was his game plan. So if I want free candy at work, I gotta snoop around other department lead desks. Thankfully HR is usually stacked on mini snickers bars.
I'd make sure to take the awful candy every day and secretly throw them out just to mess with him.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I came into to this thinking "plain" was glazed. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a plain donut with no glaze or icing. The person who ordered that to give to other people is a fucking monster. Not to be trusted.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
At first I read plain and thought you mean glazed (IE Kripsy Kreme originals) but plain with no glaze? Ugh, that makes my mouth dry just thinking about it, what kind of monster wouldn't at least get some glazed or chocolate covered ones?

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect for dipping in coffee. And he probably knew if he mixed in a chocolate, you animals would have fought over it. He's a good boss. You're a terrible employee. You'll never be the boss with that attitude.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, a free donut is a free donut, sure, he's been a cheapskate by bringing all plains, but, he didn't even have to give y'all donuts, your alternative was no donut, so you still got a net gain.

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, a free donut is a free donut, sure, he's been a cheapskate by bringing all plains, but, he didn't even have to give y'all donuts, your alternative was no donut, so you still got a net gain.
Wait, what? Donuts have different prices where you are? That's awful. Where I am, you just order a dozen and they ask you which kinds you want. Same price regardless.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? Donuts have different prices where you are? That's awful. Where I am, you just order a dozen and they ask you which kinds you want. Same price regardless.

A plain donut in some bakeries will cost a bit cheaper than donuts with stuff on them.

This does not apply to franchise places like Dunkin donuts and that sort of style. Tho Franchise places of the kind do tend to have "premium donuts".

A place like Tim Horton's doesn't charge extra for flavored donuts.

Oh.

Oct 25, 2017
you wanted coffee and donut, but are complaining it's plain? plain is what you go with when you're joining it with a drink.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
qV5qin3.gif

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
A plain donut is still a donut. The glaze goes over the donut. Over like the overtime you refused to do, OP!

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Plain donuts are the best. Spare me with your cheap sugary glaze garbage.

Jelly donuts are the shit though.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Its 9 bucks for a dozen donuts from Tim Hortons. The real cost was the time taken to wait patiently in line, and to look over the plethora of options, considering all of his employees, his friends, if he really stopped to think about for a moment, and after some deliberation, just a little hand-wringing, settled on the most ideal configuration of tasty morning sweets that would get his boys thinking, "I know this is a dead end grind, but today, today, I don't mind it so much," and had that warm feeling of satisfaction that, far from being a perfect solution to, or consolation for, the upcoming woes, this was a truly decent human act.

Or maybe some homeless guy walked up to his driver's side window and shoved this box in his face. Yes, even homeless Tim has some self-respect left. Some pride.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah seriously, I think some of the people in this thread don't understand Tim Hortons. Boss specifically had to go out of his way to order 12 plain, no glaze donuts. Most people just ask for a dozen assorted donuts, which gets you all sorts of flavours. Chocolate dip, boston cream, double chocolate, etc... It doesn't cost any less to get plain either - they all cost the same damn thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Any donut shop I've gone to has boxes of a dozen all plain sitting out for the morning rush.
Timmy's doesn't do it like that. You ask for a dozen and then tell them which ones you want. So the boss literally asked for ONLY plain. That's the issue here.

Yeah seriously, I think some of the people in this thread don't understand Tim Hortons. Boss specifically had to go out of his way to order 12 plain, no glaze donuts. Most people just ask for a dozen assorted donuts, which gets you all sorts of flavours. Chocolate dip, boston cream, double chocolate, etc... It doesn't cost any less to get plain either - they all cost the same damn thing.
This.