• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He gave the better donuts to the superior employees that don't go on their phones and browse forums.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Your boss doesn't want to create a power struggle with the worker bees. Everyone gets the same cake doughnut. The boss knew it would create chaos with the Saturday crowd.

Stop being jelly.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Did you or anyone eat them? I can count on my hands the number of times I've had a dry donut. They're really unpleasant to me.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
My job buys all 170ppl a large amounts of cakes once per month

Chocolate, red velvet, etc

Usually lasts us all about 2 days

Donuts come every so often

Any hot day we get freezies, jumbo freezies at that

And we also have a pizza dinner once a month

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
damn, what's with all the plain lovers in here? ya'll prolly also all about that vanilla ice cream and cheese pizza.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
People giving you shit, OP, but I'm 100% on your side.

That's a boss playing stupid games. I hate shit like that. Also, never in a million years as a manger would I hype up a fucking dozen donuts. That's what you do every other week as a nice gift or extra "just because."

It wasn't considerate at all. If you're gonna bring something, you first try to see if anyone has any dietary restrictions (gluten free, no nuts, vegan, etc), and you buy for that and then everything else is a variety.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
damn, what's with all the plain lovers in here? ya'll prolly also all about that vanilla ice cream and cheese pizza.

Father: hey son, great work on your report card. I'm going to take you out for ice cream

Son: thanks dad!

Father: ill take 1 vanilla

Son: can I have mint chocolate?

Father: a..are...you looking at my horses mouth, son!??!

Son: no dad I'm sorry noooooo

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Plain donuts go well with coffee. Maybe your boss is a dipper/dunker, and assumed the rest of you were too. Nobody over the age of 8 wants chunks of chocolate frosting or sugar glaze floating around in their coffee.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really, really, really trying not to be out of touch here, but I can't believe the cost of the donuts is even coming up.

Like - yes - we have plenty of hipster donut shops that charge $3 a donut for crazy ass toppings. But OP is talking about fucking Tim Hortons, lol. A dozen donuts is like $7 or $8.

Even if they DID charge a couple dollars more for glazed donuts, if you're a manager.. hyping up a treat for the team, because of a a "great quarter," you fucking splurge.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
gifthorse1.jpg

It's not really a gift though, it's a bonus and a bad one

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
but are those your first choices? if not, we're talking about two different things here.
I rarely get my first choice when someone else buys something for me and a group of others, which is what this thread is about.

And something not being my favorite doesn't make it terrible, because I'm a person, not a sentient internet meme.
Yo, this isn't some typical whinging, this is about potential evidence of an alien invasion. They've taken on our appearance, and now they're trying to figure out how to fit in. This is a warning to all of humanity.
I didn't realize... now that I think about it, all the weird "how do I poop?" threads on here... Oh god, they're already among us.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
that dude is trying to pull some kind of middle management power move, what a dork

my step-dad is one of these types. he doesn't bring it into normal family interactions when I see him or anything, but whenever I get to talking about work stuff with him he's all on this type of sad shit.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this was a clear power move. yes the place is shutting down but he's looking for people with potential to hire for the new place. he was looking if someone had the guts to call him out on his bs but nobody did. confirming that nobody was worthy.

sorry op, you failed.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Probably overthought it, thinking that people would fight for their favourites. Going straight plain is possibly the worst way to go about it.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Better than your boss never bringing in any food of any kind while you work in a common area where other teams have team lunch/snacks all the time.

Definitely not still bitter years later lol.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Old fashioned donuts are great to eat when you want something a little sweet and you're hungry at the same time.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
this was a clear power move. yes the place is shutting down but he's looking for people with potential to hire for the new place. he was looking if someone had the guts to call him out on his bs but nobody did. confirming that nobody was worthy.

sorry op, you failed.

Fuck, my King Of Queens reference was itching to go.

DAMN IT.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Boss is trying to snipe for gossip with a move like that. See who the betrayers are.

People will get fired over this, no doubt.

Last edited:

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the title I was thinking, "well glazed is pretty good, maybe he didn't want to alienate people with crazy flavors"

but you're telling me this is actually plain-plain with straight up nothing? get this sweet bagel shit outta here

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Your boss just wanted to wave his dick in everyone's face by being able to order a box of the same type of doughnut all at once. It's a power move and you're right to feel intimidated by this incredible display of machismo.

You should buy a box of assorted with a note saying "Great quarter guys!" in retaliation for the best passive-aggressive sensation you'll ever feel.

Feb 10, 2018
So yeah, working the night shift. Come into work, and boss is happy because we had a great "quarter". Bosses were happy with him apparently. Not sure why he's telling us this. Half of us here are temp workers, and the place is shutting down in a few months, lol. It's like "Uhh, that's nice".

Regardless, he said he'll bring us a treat. A box of donuts.

I thought "great, a donut and a coffee for break. Make nightshift a little better"

So we go for first break, he comes in with a box of tim Hortons donuts, 12 pack. Opens it up and sits down.

I get up to get one, and it's all plain. Not glazed plain. The only ingredients in these fucking donuts is dough.

I wanted to make a sarcastic remark like "Mmmm, plain" (King of Queen's reference) but I didn't.

No one said anything. There is like 7 of us here.

Not even 1 chocolate.

What's his game here? He must have specified all plain, right? Even if it was a mistake, you'd think he'd say something. But nope. Business as usual.

Fucking mind games.

And before anyone asks, most donuts are the same price. These were not cheaper. Even then.... Great quarter. Shove your quarter up your ass lol.

Edit: I ain't ragging on plain. You love plain, more power to you. But you have to go out of your way to get all plain, lol. I have never had Tim Hortons give me all of one donut, especially the most basic one.

Did the doughnuts have sugar on them?