• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
true story, I used to want to eat cake doughnuts with ketchup when I was a youngster. Why? Wolverine Vs. Wendigo, that's why.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Did the doughnuts have sugar on them?

You tell me.....

photo-8.jpg

GOOGLE image. Not my own, lol.

Last edited:

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
This feels like the plot to a Seinfeld episode. I mean sure I enjoy plain too, but you get assorted if you're buying for other people. And OP you said he sat down next to the donuts and like watched you all take one? Thats just weird.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Suck it up and suck down the wonderful gift of carbohydrates your great benefactor has bestowed upon your proletariat ass, OP.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Be happy OP.. one time my boss brought in a box of donuts and when we opened it, the box was filled with shitty protein energy bars and Nutrigrain stuff. He's a gym nut. We were all pissed and let him know it... he never did it again.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I spent much of this thread thinking that the doughnuts were literally plain.

But they have sugar on top?

That doesn't sound bad.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I go Classic or Sourcream Glazed, nothing else.
I still remember the first time I had a sour cream donut. I was late getting to the break room the day someone brought in donuts and all that was left were sour creams so I figured it was better than nothing and ate it. God damn I was depriving myself up to that point by ignoring that donut. It reminds me how I'd always skip over carrot cake because I thought it wouldn't be good until I tried it and realized how wrong I had been.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a test. A test to determine whether you would try waste your time on something as pointless as a plain donut or GET BACK TO WORK.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. It's the cheapest option.
  2. He doesn't have to worry about people complaining about "But I don't like...flavour"

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember the first time I had a sour cream donut. I was late getting to the break room the day someone brought in donuts and all that was left were sour creams so I figured it was better than nothing and ate it. God damn I was depriving myself up to that point by ignoring that donut. It reminds me how I'd always skip over carrot cake because I thought it wouldn't be good until I tried it and realized how wrong I had been.
It's so simple but so good.

Jan 18, 2018
Oh. Well in that case go get a tub of Nutella and suck it up like a grateful young man.

Millennials these days... Back in the day you were lucky to even have a job, nevermind free plain donuts. That's a bonus.

Damn millennials, wanting to get treated like their work means something and their lives are worth decent wages. Haha.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Best type if he went to KK. I am unsure of TH donuts because I don't have many around me in the US. NY has one in Penn Station but it's like they had DD, why the fuck would I go to TH? Also it has KK so TH isn't even a consideration.

Nov 2, 2017
maybe he wants you to take one into his office and talk of how you like glazed donuts and how its sticky and you like licking your fingers and lips during and afterwards. He wants to hear how messy you get the glaze and how you enjoy cleaning it up.

you will get your glaze trust me.

Oct 25, 2017
That's odd dude. Real odd. Do they even usually have a dozen plain ones on hand at Timmy's?

It's the same as if he walked in and said:

"Oh hey guys I'll bring sandwiches to eat"

'Umm these are just two pieces of white bread with nothing between them.'

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
It was a test. He was seeing if you guys would solve the problem of the plain donuts. He knew you would complain but he was looking for your solution. You could've salvaged them and modified them with items around your building, but instead you just gave in. He sees that as a reflection of your work and is now worried that once the place closes down you won't be prepared.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Mikey Jr. Given how irritated you are, you earned your plain donut, tbh. Never understood people who complain about something that's absolutely free.

Nah... Fuck this yes Massa thank you Massa bullshit. The job doesnt give a shit about him they are closing up shop and putting him on his ass. But be greatful for the plain ass donuts lmao foh
Be grateful or say nothing. "It's free, but it's not good enough" type complaining is just terribly ungrateful.

That's odd dude. Real odd. Do they even usually have a dozen plain ones on hand at Timmy's?

It's the same as if he walked in and said:

"Oh hey guys I'll bring sandwiches to eat"

'Umm these are just two pieces of white bread with nothing between them.'
It's absolutely not the same. That's not a sandwich, but a plain donut is a donut.
Do you also think pizzas like Marinara or Margherita are not real pizzas?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Suck it up and suck down the wonderful gift of carbohydrates your great benefactor has bestowed upon your proletariat ass, OP.
Bad post. If you're going to bring me carbs, they better be worth eating.

Well the only hole in my post is I haven't actually tried them before so I can't knock them yet lol

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Shit's wack, OP. Plain glazed would have been odd enough, but no glaze? Lol.

People who are saying "plain donuts are good, mm mmm!" are missing the damn point. Everyone knows that you bring a variety of donuts when you're buying for a group. Different people like different things, duh.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
People who are saying "plain donuts are good, mm mmm!" are missing the damn point. Everyone knows that you bring a variety of donuts when you're buying for a group.
Yeah, fuck that guy for bringing in free donuts. If it doesn't meet your personal standards, what's the point? Don't try to make people happy unless you do it according to the official non-written rules.
So what if it made some people happy? He did it wrong!

Otherwise, respect people's natural desire for variety and choice.
Come on, you seriously make it sound like he did something offensive, haha

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, fuck that guy for bringing in free donuts. If it doesn't meet your personal standards, what's the point? Don't try to make people happy unless you do it according to the official non-written rules.
So what if it made some people happy? He did it wrong!
He did do it wrong, by bringing the plainest and most boring "treat" possible.

People who don't get how the boss messed up must be socially inept, completely and utterly inexperienced in working with a team, or both.

A box of plain donuts is the lukewarm black decaf coffee of the desert world.

Come on, you seriously make it sound like he did something offensive, haha
No, I made it sound like he missed the most basic memo ever on how to bring refreshments for a group.

Personally, if this ever happened to me, I'd be like "cool" and thank the boss, because I love plain baked goods with my coffee. But I'd definitely have a private moment of mirth at the thought of someone bringing the blandest plainest donuts for a whole group of people.

It's like, Happy Halloween, here's an apple for your trick or treat bag.

Last edited: