• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ames_are_being_considered_for_nintendo_switch
Horror could be the genre to watch on Nintendo Switch in 2018. Not only have we Layers Of Fear: Legacy on the horizon - check out our interview with the developers for more info - and the first two Outlast games, but now we've got the potential to add some more psychological fearscapes to the mix in the form of The Room series and the Amnesia games.

Both of the respective developers behind each franchise are considering bringing one or more of their games to the handheld console, if a set of tweets in response to fan questions are to be believed. Amnesia and SOMA developer Frictional Games says it, "can't make any solid promises right now," but that it promises, "to keep everyone on Twitter updated with further developments." The Room developer Fireproof Games says it's, "definitely something we're considering!" So nothing set in stone, but considering the momentum Switch continues to build, it's hardly a hollow hope.

Oct 25, 2017
NC
You can now scream after finding a bag of milky ways......on the go!!!!

But seriously though, that's awesome if it happens. Being able to play the Amnesia games on the go would be fun.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Bring over SOMA, the true best Frictional game of all time.

But on topic, the more games the merrier! Amnesia is a fantastic series.

N00MKRAD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes please!

Amnesia is one of the games that is collecting dust in my Steam library, simply because multiplayer games or brand new SP games keep taking my time.

If it came to Switch, I'd finally have some time to play it.

InsrtCoins

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The Room is a great series of games always let down by its choice of hardware. The iOS/Android versions have the superior touchscreen controls, but tablets are far from ubiquitous, and the scenes are far too detailed to be played optimally on phone. The PC ports are good, but the mouse controls don't feel quite as nice as touchscreen. Switch is a great compromise.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Bring over SOMA, the true best Frictional game of all time.

But on topic, the more games the merrier! Amnesia is a fantastic series.

While SOMA is great, I still feel like the Penumbra series was their best series!

I wouldn't mind a SOMA or Amnesia release on the switch, handheld horror games are probably the least looked at genre for handhelds.