• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope she gets her face kicked in in prison

she doesnt deserve shit. No criticism for the brother, if this helps him then good for him but she's a fake fuck through and through

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
If I was in this situation and an immediate family member did something like this I would have disowned them.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ten years for first degree murder? That's clear white privilege. Yikes.
I spent the past 2-3 days watching the court proceedings in the sentencing phase. It was astounding at how much of a saint the victim, Botham Jean, was. Like, almost parody levels of perfect, community helper, academic success, caring for his family and everyone around him, kinda guy. Every witness on his behalf elevated him as a person in ways I wasn't quite expecting. Even the evidence from his text messages showed how caring and kind a person he was.

Then on the other side, the only text messages we have of the murderer are her joking about how MLK's dead but black people can't keep quiet, about how racist dogs are cool and how she hates everyone but "you people," and how black cops are lazy and have poor work ethic. Also text messages indicating an affair.

She came into a dude's place while he was eating ice cream and watching TV, shot him real quick when evidence proves he didn't even approach her to even appear to be a threat, then she taunts him, then she worries about her job instead of his life.

The one real point in her favor is she helped a black, 67 year old woman from recovering from a cocaine addiction. That's nice.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody asked or expected him to show grace. That he did is what makes everything so shocking and attention worthy.
Is it? Society is coded that the victims have to "forgive" or they become lesser. Ask any sexual assault or domestic violence survivor.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Its a shame that the worst of us look at this as a form of weakness

Unfortunately our world has too much darkness to embrace the true saints that walk among us

Still I am glad they continue to exist to remind me that... Yes there are still people of deep faith and huge hearts that understand what it still means to be pious, empathetic and whole

While she isn't deserving of such light and mercy its not up to me and thankfully the laws of this land saw justice through this time

Well said.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
If he wants to forgive her then he has every right to do so. The judge though? That shit is wack.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember how Guyger died her hair blonder to appear more white?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm by no means a religious person. Yet I have to say that this was powerful to see and I have huge respect for the man.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I'm really impressed with this guy. I don't think I could do this. I sort of feel like she doesn't deserve this treatment, but that's not my decision. I'm just some rando on the internet who read the news.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
hell fucking NOPE. if that girl killed anyone in my family there's no way i'd be giving her a freakin hug.

ESPECIALLY if i found out she got just 10 years for it. fuck that.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm by no means a religious person. Yet I have to say that this was powerful to see and I have huge respect for the man.
Think of it this way: was it the family members of the exceptional guy who was killed randomly in his own home that were hugged, or the racist murderer who sure likes to put on a show of sympathy?

At the end of the whole show, it's like the victim here was Guyger. It was really fucked up.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is how I can tell I'm not that good a person because no way in hell would I be able to do the same were I in his shoes.

Tony Montana

Oct 27, 2017
Murder someone while they're eating ice cream and then get hugs for it. What the fuck.

On top of her comment where she said she should have been the one that was shot. Whole thing is making her look like some sort of victim.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Murder someone while they're eating ice cream and then get hugs for it. What the fuck.

On top of her comment where she said she should have been the one that was shot. Whole thing is making her look like some sort of victim.
The witnesses for Guyger today were crying before they even spoke on the stand, like she had been the one who was killed. Smart move. Botham's family didn't cry that much; maybe they should have shed more of those crocodile tears.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I better let my family know if I'm ever murdered, to never forgive the asshole with this Christianity bullshit.

Go Punisher on that motherfucker.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this isn't shocking, it's almost expected.

this is just the programming that Black communities worldwide have been drilled with for centuries.

you see it happen time and time again and it's seldom received when the shoe is on the other foot.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like this came from a religious reason. Is there a reason why black Americans are such a devoutly Christian group? I never understood this since Christianity was used to justify slavery and colonialism. Asking as a white, irreligious, Canadian man.