• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think most of us agree that the brother did the most christ-like thing to do. And was the right choice.
If he said hev hadn't forgiven her and this whole situation was yet another example of white supremacy in action, it would have been the wrong choice?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think most of us agree that the brother did the most christ-like thing to do. And was the right choice.
I like this:
Jesus loved everybody, what was his fate?
Definitely was not the "right choice." That's absurd. There is no "right." It would have been just as "right" if he had used the opportunity to get close to her to smack her in the face (well, maybe that's a bit wrong, but it'd have been just as nuts as what actually happened).

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
If he said hev hadn't forgiven her and this whole situation was yet another example of white supremacy in action, it would have been the wrong choice?

It's the right choice as a Christian. This may change her life, you never know. Problem is that most white racist are false christians who will use that situation to abuse blacks systematicly.

It's not the brothers fault, it's what god commanded us to do as christians. Problem is that white racist who claim as christians will use it as abuse to keep everyone (black) in line.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018

nope, and it definately wasnt the right choice (in the big picture) which you make my point for me:

The problem is that this can be used to weaponize against blacks if and when this situation happens again, especially since police has systematically killed us out in the streets and now, a new presidence can be set where they can break in and kill us in our own home with almost no repercussions and us blacks need to be of accepting of this.

this shit isn't new. and the bar for demanding justice and holding people accountable gets lower and lower. the younger me that grew up in a black methodist church probably would've done the same thing in his shoes...possibility. at least i understand why, but that way of thinking is wrong.

like i said before, there's nothing wrong with redemption, but this woman killed someone in basically cold blood. she hasnt shown and done anything to prove that shes changed for this, and people have given her a pity party for nothing.

all this does is greenlight further violations, and the expectation is that you just forgive, hug the killer and move on.

this is just another chapter of the victims and the marginalized being programmed to forgive and coddle the abuses and exploition of the powerful and the protected in the name of seeking "peace" over justice.

Had she gotten 20 years no parole, at least racist police would think twice before breaking in and shooting randomly. I'm afraid of the future because of this events that this has set for us.

it honestly wouldnt, at least it would send a signal to other people that this could be fought thought "the system" instead of the bullshit that went down.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People will love retweeting this and making think pieces about this because it fits white suprmancy's agenda that this was a happy capstone on a glitch in the system. When dehumanizing black people to the point that folks can put a black person down for eating ice cream in the home he pays rent on IS THE SYSTEM. It just gives people an ok to opt out of reflecting on the racism that was all over this case. She was sharing all the little cute racist memes folks get all the time from friends and family and just go "Oh You...", Then she shot and killed a black person. That should be the take away.

Folks are quick to want to forgive and forget with not one attempt at redemption. She could have shown growth and tried to make things right by admitting she fucked up and pleading guility, but no she got up there and tried to invoke the power of whiteness like it was Greyskull at every turn. Society is always wants the Disney fairy story idealized of Empathy, but it never goes boy ways. We look like the bad guys if we still take offense to "Raped by a pack of niggers", or the tri monthly blackface usage, or where racism attempting to masquerade "Comedy".

Fat is that this man shouldn't even be in the position to have to do this, but folks are more than happy to see it over and over again because helps them not have to deal with reality. But margalized people don't have that luxiusre, we have to nuture our broken, and bury our dead and guess what? AIN'T NOBODY GOING OUT THEIR WAY TO HUG and SUPPORT US. So entirely me miss me with this cheap hit of white privilege dopamine

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
People will love retweeting this and making think pieces about this because it fits white suprmancy's agenda that this was a happy capstone on a glitch in the system. When dehumanizing black people to the point that folks can put a black person down for eating ice cream in the home he pays rent on IS THE SYSTEM. It just gives people an ok to opt out of reflecting on the racism that was all over this case. She was sharing all the little cute racist memes folks get all the time from friends and family and just go "Oh You...", Then she shot and killed a black person. That should be the take away.

Folks are quick to want to forgive and forget with not one attempt at redemption. She could have shown growth and tried to make things right by admitting she fucked up and pleading guility, but no she got up there and tried to invoke the power of whiteness like it was Greyskull at every turn. Society is always wants the Disney fairy story idealized of Empathy, but it never goes boy ways. We look like the bad guys if we still take offense to "Raped by a pack of niggers", or the tri monthly blackface usage, or where racism attempting to masquerade "Comedy".

Fat is that this man shouldn't even be in the position to have to do this, but folks are more than happy to see it over and over again because helps them not have to deal with reality. But margalized people don't have that luxiusre, we have to nuture our broken, and bury our dead and guess what? AIN'T NOBODY GOING OUT THEIR WAY TO HUG and SUPPORT US. So entirely me miss me with this cheap hit of white privilege dopamine

Preach

This is the proper take

And as you dig deeper into the court proceedings it becomes increasingly sickening and disgusting to the point that its harder to fathom his brothers gesture

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Fucking thank you.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Don't assume that all black folks are Christians. Especially given how Christianity has systematically been used to oppress us.

Yes, and those who use Christianity as systematic abuse aren't Christians since Jesus taught against people who use systematic abuse in God's name.

And my post didnt say all blacks are christians, I stated Christians. Christians doesnt have a color preference.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Yes.

I'm creeped out by all the 'better than me' comments and that the judge hugged her, feels dystopian.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Yep.

The second I heard people talking about how "powerful" that moment was or how it made them cry, it was obvious what was going on. The onus is placed on black victims to forgive, not on white perpetrators to actually redeem themselves and apologize. As designed, I guess.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
Yes, and those who use Christianity as systematic abuse aren't Christians since Jesus taught against people who use systematic abuse in God's name.

And my post didnt say all blacks are christians, I stated Christians. Christians doesnt have a color preference.

it doesnt matter who a true believer or not or whatever. the christianity of white supremacy is the name of the game and you can continue to see how its influence still has a suffocating hold over a lot of black society everyday.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep.

The second I heard people talking about how "powerful" that moment was or how it made them cry, it was obvious what was going on. The onus is placed on black victims to forgive, not on white perpetrators to actually redeem themselves and apologize. As designed, I guess.

To add, I'm disappointed that people are using this as an example of 'rehab over retribution' re: criminal justice when black people have been the victims of mass incarceration and people rarely lend a thought to the rehabilitation of black male prisoners in the system. As someone who has spoken to and worked with former incarcerated minorities my blood is boiling.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If she had gotten off and people had taken to the streets all those same folks retweeting this would be like "Nana Ruth needs to get her Vegan Cooking class guys"

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Those same people retweeting won't retweet those who are exposing her racist ass texts or photos on pinterest tho ☕

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I can emphatize with Botham's brother doing that, and wanting to limit the suffering of the situation and rescue someone from guilt. I don't think she deserves that but I can't fault the brother for not wanting to carry anger or prolong pain.

Oct 25, 2017

Facts.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
it doesnt matter who a true believer or not or whatever. the christianity of white supremacy is the name of the game and you can continue to see how its influence still has a suffocating hold over a lot of black society everyday.

Then we need to go loud and blast about the hypocrisy. Just as Jesus went into the synagogue and flip those tables, we should do the same. You can be a christian and still fight for what's right (the mother speech was an excellent example, and notice how we allow the media to use brother hug but not the mother's speech in the front pages).

Keep fighting even if it makes racist uncomfortable. Blast it loud that systematic racism by using christanity is evil and nowhere near "christ-like".

Nov 1, 2017
He can grieve however he wants but this stronger for forgiveness narrative needs to stop. Not forgiving someone for murdering your family is in no way shape or form an indication that you are a less good person. The opposite of forgiveness would have been his family calling for or carrying out violence against her or her family as reprisal.

A sexual assault survivor isn't lesser for not forgiving their abuser. An adult that cuts off contact with their abusive parent to lead a life that's most conducive to their well-being isn't lesser because forging a relationship with them isn't possible without harming their mental health.

This is especially true when the person responsible does everything they can to not own up to their actions until they have no choice all while agreeing to disparage the victim in the hope they can get off with minimal or no penalty.

The world will be a better place when privileged people put the plight of marginalized people as an actual priority so they don't have to keep forgiving people for brutalizing them in the hopes that it gets people to see them as equals.

Black people have been forgiving white killers forever in America and the lesson hasn't been learned yet. So entirely miss me with this bullshit that being the better person involves forgiveness and is the correct path forward.

For those that can endure reading it here's a past instance. Wanted to warn prior though as it does talk about a 1981 lynching.

Nearly 40 years later and people are still beating black people over the head that this is what the takeaway should be.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
If this is how he deals with his grief then I can't disparage him on a personal level.

To anyone saying that this should be the standard in how people deal with a situation, fuck outta here with this having the victims carry the emotional baggage of their trangressors mess.

A-fucking-men

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

*hugs*

He can grieve however he wants but this stronger for forgiveness narrative needs to stop. Not forgiving someone for murdering your family is in no way shape or form an indication that you are a less good person. The opposite of forgiveness would have been his family calling for or carrying out violence against her or her family as reprisal.

A sexual assault survivor isn't lesser for not forgiving their abuser. An adult that cuts off contact with their abusive parent to lead a life that's most conducive to their well-being isn't lesser because forging a relationship with them isn't possible without harming their mental health.

This is especially true when the person responsible does everything they can to not own up to their actions until they have no choice all while agreeing to disparage the victim in the hope they can get off with minimal or no penalty.

The world will be a better place when privileged people put the plight of marginalized people as an actual priority so they don't have to keep forgiving people for brutalizing them in the hopes that it gets people to see them as equals.

Black people have been forgiving white killers forever in America and the lesson hasn't been learned yet. So entirely miss me with this bullshit that being the better person involves forgiveness and is the correct path forward.

For those that can endure reading it here's a past instance. Wanted to warn prior though as it does talk about a 1981 lynching.

Nearly 40 years later and people are still beating black people over the head that this is what the takeaway should be.
Yep

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Calling it now: Dude is getting paid off for this statement.

This has been in the back of my mind for a while.

On top of the fact of the Dallas police department endorsing this particular judge(you know, the one who hugged the defendant), and that they've been scrubbing this fact from the internet.

Google "Judge Kemp Dallas Police Endorsement" and you'll see fragments of the endorsement on her own Facebook page. Of course, this will be overshadowed by the brother's wonderful hug

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
The judge hugging Amber is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, disgusting.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Forgiveness itself is generally good on an individual level for the person who is forgiving.

Forgiveness as a means to allow racism and injustice to be left unexamined and unaddressed is disgusting.

I admire the brother for extending forgiveness. I'm saddened and angered by the media's gravitation to and focus on this aspect of the story.

She received 10 years for murder while others - predominantly the poor and minorities - are there for much longer for much less.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Then we need to go loud and blast about the hypocrisy. Just as Jesus went into the synagogue and flip those tables, we should do the same. You can be a christian and still fight for what's right (the mother speech was an excellent example, and notice how we allow the media to use brother hug but not the mother's speech in the front pages).

Keep fighting even if it makes racist uncomfortable. Blast it loud that systematic racism by using christanity is evil and nowhere near "christ-like".
Fully agree and is the right choice... Also the hardest one.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
The lady should give her life to Christ by advocating for herself to receive the same kind of sentence that would have been given if the tables were turned and it was a black man killing a white woman.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Nahhh bruh.. no way. I know that he is hurting and this may help him through, but this person's past does not warrant this type of action.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
If forgiveness helps him get through the trauma of losing his brother, I salute him. He has more patience and love in him than I do and I think that's really beautiful.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
This has been in the back of my mind for a while.

On top of the fact of the Dallas police department endorsing this particular judge(you know, the one who hugged the defendant), and that they've been scrubbing this fact from the internet.

Google "Judge Kemp Dallas Police Endorsement" and you'll see fragments of the endorsement on her own Facebook page. Of course, this will be overshadowed by the brother's wonderful hug

yeah im full on this train. everyone from the brother, to the judge, to other cops in the room just patting her and making her seem to be the true victim in all this.

just put a little "heartfelt" PR out there and society will do the rest, even shown by a lot of people in this topic.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Religious people are so fucked up.

There's no virtue in this "Forgiveness" bullshit. You're just letting a book indoctrinate you to accept injustice.
Lol @ indoctrinated into forgiveness. Mlk was indoctrinated too i suppose? As much evil has been committed in the name of religion the bible gave lots of black people hope to get out of tough times during segregation and slavery before that. It is a big part of black culture as a whole.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017

Claps.gif