• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 11, 2017
Italy
Spoiler, obviously

A guy from a little italian Zelda website (Lega Hyrule) had a chat with Daruk's italian voice actor, who said he recently worked in the series', dubbing Daruk and... his ancestor.
The "long hair" Link may really be the hero of 10.000 years ago.

youtu.be

Intervista a Pietro Ubaldi (Informazioni inedite sul seguito di "Zelda: Breath of the Wild")

(English subtitles available)Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LegaHyrule Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/legahyrule Support us: http://goo.gl/pj7EYf

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
👀 fascinating

Are they really gonna pull a LTTP with this? Seems like an incredible amount of work to make 2 versions of hyrule

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
OK, but how does this fit in with the timeline?

R.ce8bbfda2c228d916d748189fdee3c67

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they give us two different playable Links before Zelda I'm done 😭

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Just give it to me. Had my fill of Elden Ring, good as it was. I want back in a lighter world for a bit.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, this could be an easy mistake and he meant Yunobo. Daruk and Yunobo share a voice actor in English for example. Who did Yunobos voice in italian? Edit : Looked it up and it's somebody other than the guy in the video.

If they give us two different playable Links before Zelda I'm done 😭

They've already done Link and Zelda in Phantom hourglass so good news, they can't do anything before that without a time machine.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
👀 fascinating

Are they really gonna pull a LTTP with this? Seems like an incredible amount of work to make 2 versions of hyrule
To be fair, they already have one version finished so they'd "only" have to design the dark world version or whatever it might be.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, that's a really neat idea, going back 10,000 years. They could effectively wipe all of the towns and stables off the map and replace them with new communities to discover, in addition to the sky world and possible underground world.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hmmm, I feel like that's the most common theory. At the very least it's what I thought watching the trailer.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
To be honest, this could be an easy mistake and he meant Yunobo. Daruk and Yunobo share a voice actor in English for example. Who did Yunobos voice in italian?

They've already done Link and Zelda in Phantom hourglass so good news, they can't do anything before that without a time machine.
remember when we thought BotW2 was coming soon when the spanish(?) Revali VA talked about something in like ...what was it ...2019? and then AOC was announced :P

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
If they somehow went the Godfather 2 route and had us play as both current and ancient Link, that'd be be pretty badass.

Maybe end the game with both of the meeting each other through some time travel shenanigans.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
well, in the famous image (from 10.000 years ago) they fight together.
Plus, she has short hair. There's definitely a possibility for her to be playble!

9d12b7c01160db8cca4fb20bf73e332cd61a5f59.png

This happens at the end of multiple zelda games. Link shanks the Ganon(dorf) and then while he's weakened Zelda seals him. Optionally she might pick up a bow (Wind waker, TP). I really wouldn't presume they meant it to be read in to any deeper than that.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
* plant deku seed

10,000 years later...

l85ge521qc141.jpg

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
Call me when we hear about Link's ancestor voice actor

Jk.

The thread info can be huge!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I'd feel about the sequel having yet another group of champions in the distant past. Sort of wanted the sequel to focus on the modern day ones plus Link and Zeldas dynamic when Zelda can actually be present in the story.

But who knows what the actual game will end up being like. You could take this information a bunch of different directions and that's if it's even accurate.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
10,000 years in the past and the Zonai are probably still going to be ancient history

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Given the trailers…i think that we going back in time is the only way for the world to remain fresh

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
If Long-Hair Link isn't playable Zelda at this point in the timeline, I will be sorely disappointed.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Isnt... different links a staple of the series ?

In the same game. (Excluding Four Swords)
The trailers so far have shown present Link too.

And I mean generally, after how requested playable Zelda in a mainline is.

well, in the famous image (from 10.000 years ago) they fight together.
Plus, she has short hair. There's definitely a possibility for her to be playble!

9d12b7c01160db8cca4fb20bf73e332cd61a5f59.png

plz. but if they go with two playable Links I can't see them doing a third playable character. :(

You control Zelda in Spirit Tracks though. Sure, she's a ghost and she's usually fighting as a giant suit of armour, but it's still Zelda, and probably the best version of the Zelda the character.

In a mainline 3D Zelda though. :(

No technicalities, no DS games, no spin offs.

Let the princess shine. 😭✨

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So why Zelda is blonde? :D

Because the Zelda universe have a real love of their monarchy and would do everything to keep their Kings/Queens happy, else they presumably face the guillotine. It's why in wind waker opening they're like "Yeah some guy who wore green or something took care of the evil or whatever". Nobody cares for the details of the so called legendary hero.