• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
So I just bought the complete edition of FFXIV on PSN and now I cannot download the game at all. It wasn't added to my download list in the browser version of of the PS Store. It's not in my PS4 library. It's still giving me the option to purchase the starter edition and all of the expansions even though it says that I've already purchased them. I've restored my licenses. The only thing that I can think of is that I downloaded the free trial for FFXIV way back in 2014. So I probably created an account during that trial (which, at this point, I'm guessing will screw me out of the "30-day free subscription period for all newly created service accounts" that comes with the complete edition). However, I can't find this trial version in my library either and it won't let me redownload the trial from the browser store because it says that I've already purchased the full game...

I've never had anything like this happen before. Am I missing something obvious here?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
If you got a receipt email and its not in your download list, I'd start by calling Sony..

If you didn't get a confirmation receipt and/or it doesn't show up in your purchase history online, I'd check your back account.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
So I probably created an account during that trial (which, at this point, I'm guessing will screw me out of the "30-day free subscription period for all newly created service accounts" that comes with the complete edition).
It will not screw you out of that.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally hide it in your Library? The trial and the full game are the same application, so if you hid the trial, that'd be why you can't find it

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It will not screw you out of that.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally hide it in your Library? The trial and the full game are the same application, so if you hid the trial, that'd be why you can't find it
tumblr_orc2uoazoa1rrkahjo6_500.gifv

I completely forgot that I hid a bunch of stuff when they first added that feature. Thank you! It's a little strange that they don't... like re-add the client to your download list when you actually buy the game but I guess MMO's on console tend to have weird stuff like this going on.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
tumblr_orc2uoazoa1rrkahjo6_500.gifv

I completely forgot that I hid a bunch of stuff when they first added that feature. Thank you! It's a little strange that they don't... like re-add the client to your download list when you actually buy the game but I guess MMO's on console tend to have weird stuff like this going on.
I mean, they use the same client so you don't have to redownload the game if you want to upgrade from the trial to the version, just some more stuff and the expansions if you bought those as well. You hid the game and the only way to unhide things is to do it manually.

Nothing was added to your download list because (IIRC, I play FFXIV on PC and not PS4) there's nothing new to download on the external/PS4 side. You already had the client attached to your account and that's all there is to download on the external/PS4 side. The game will just detect the new licenses added to your account and then download it internally when you boot up the game.

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, they use the same client so you don't have to redownload the game if you want to upgrade from the trial to the version, just some more stuff and the expansions if you bought those as well. You hid the game and the only way to unhide things is to do it manually.

Nothing was added to your download list because (IIRC, I play FFXIV on PC and not PS4) there's nothing new to download on the external/PS4 side. The game will just detect the new licenses added to your account and then download it internally when you boot up the game.
Fair enough I guess. Just seems a little silly that you can't (re)download the game directly from the Starter Edition/Expansion pages on the PS store after you've bought it. And that it still allows you to add games and content that you've already purchased into your cart. I wonder if the game would have been bumped to the top of my download list if it hadn't been hidden.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough I guess. Just seems a little silly that you can't (re)download the game directly from the Starter Edition/Expansion pages on the PS store after you've bought it. And that it still allows you to add games and content that you've already purchased into your cart. I wonder if the game would have been bumped to the top of my download list if it hadn't been hidden.
Probably. They do that with somethings when they are bought and added on.

Status
Not open for further replies.