• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
On the one hand, having the 2 3DS games and the 2 DS remakes means the series has one solid home, and a cohesive direction to boot. On the other hand, I am still baffled that they skipped over partners in time.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those who don't understand Japanese; in the overworld meta-game you play as Bowser, who decides to use his remaining days to become a meth kingpin and provide for his Koopalings.

This is how Breaking Bowser starts, actually.

bowser_dies_by_lexi_4-d55ceuf.gif

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, having the 2 3DS games and the 2 DS remakes means the series has one solid home, and a cohesive direction to boot. On the other hand, I am still baffled that they skipped over partners in time.
Because even Nintendo/AlphaDream knew it wasn't a good game. Though it probably could have benefited the most out of a remake seeing how rushed and "incomplete" if felt compared to the first and third entry in this series.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Man that certainly made me suffer in Spirit Tracks!

Funny you said that, I just finished that game! And honestly, while it being the worst part of the game, you have to do it like, 6 times in the entire game (the normal songs are a non-issue).

Also the 3DS' mic is too small and off-centered, so good riddance anyway.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny you said that, I just finished that game! And honestly, while it being the worst part of the game, you have to do it like, 6 times in the entire game (the normal songs are a non-issue).

Also the 3DS' mic is too small and off-centered, so good riddance anyway.

Yup, basically the mic is something I despised for some games. I am happy that those dark times are behind us.

I have no idea what the content differences are, but the original BIS has some of the best sprite art of all time. The new art looks fine, but I'd take the original over it any day.

Yup, hence my conflict. We'll see how reviews and impression from here end up.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Watch the intro again but instead of the scans on screen, it's pictures of Bowsette

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Replayed the original last year and I was stunned at how intrusive/pervasive the tutorials were. People ragged on Dream Team for the same thing but I found it just as bad here.

Very sobering to recognize, as it's an otherwise excellent game. The Superstar Saga remake's QoL upgrades were an unexpected delight, so here's hoping they can work their magic here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't played Dream Team and Paper Jam.

I should probably get on that.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017

Partners In Time is so flawed that it would require a bigger reworking than SS or BIS.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sex-sent-me-to-the-er.jpg

"On this episode, we meet a man who had an unfortunate accident when two Italian plumbers tried to clean his pipes"

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im glad nintendo has given us what bowser canonically looks like in real life, the dream is finally real

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Safe to assume no 3D I think. Also 3D would break the sideways battles.

Thanks for the reply. It adds real value. Glasses-free 3D is a truly unique experience regardless of whether others enjoy it as much as I do. It's a (kind of) trade off for low resolution, small screen and uncomfortable controls.

Otherwise I compare the experience to Xbox or Switch. Still, it'll always have retro appeal :p

InteractiveSoftwareUser

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we supposed to feel upset about this? Bowser can get tossed into a spikey bomb for all I care. Sorry not sorry. I find the man's politics and his history of unprovoked aggression toward the Mushroom Kingdom absolutely appaling.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Are we supposed to feel upset about this? Bowser can get tossed into a spikey bomb for all I care. Sorry not sorry. I find the man's politics and his history of unprovoked aggression toward the Mushroom Kingdom absolutely appaling.

Hey, the man... err... lizard... is suffering from a rare infliction of marioandluigibis. We should let bygones be bygones, keep our peace in this trying time, and remember Bowser for his achievements instead of wallowing in the negatives.

InteractiveSoftwareUser

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, the man... err... lizard... is suffering from a rare infliction of marioandluigibis. We should let bygones be bygones, keep our peace in this trying time, and remember Bowser for his achievements instead of wallowing in the negatives.
Boo hoo, thoughts and prayers. This monster has been breaking international law on the regular since Super Mario Bros.

You guys can have your pity party, personally I hope he falls into lava.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Boo hoo, thoughts and prayers. This monster has been breaking international law on the regular since Super Mario Bros.

You guys can have your pity party, personally I hope he falls into lava.

If we should have learned anything by now, it's that he always comes back, even after falling into lava. That's why we should learn to co-operate, find a common middle ground, and make small concessions if necessary. Maybe we could point out to Mario that dropping Bowser into lava isn't necessarily the most constructive way of handling the issue.