• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
12 hours later and no one posted a thread about this game you all sicken me
zlWTMXF.jpg

Nintendo said:
The fan-favorite puzzle series is back for the first time on Nintendo Switch with a brand new game! In addition to 270 new levels, two players can work as a team to solve puzzles in a new co-op mode. As a bonus, players who complete the game can access a new adventure starring Qudy. BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! unboxes itself on Nintendo eShop on April 26.

It turns out that instead of a port of the original trilogy, we get a brand new adventure that also features multiplayer. I wonder if this will just be limited to certain stages or if the entire game is based around the multiplayer concept. The copyright at the end of the video credits HAL Laboratories so one would assume they are making this, unless it was just IP credit.

Also reminder that a Qbby amiibo exits:
51M1H0PhQrL._SX342_.jpg

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
One of the announcements from the Direct that interests me the most

I never owned a 3DS so always admired this series from afar, excited to finally play it

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
The game that basically woudl have made the Direct a success for me even if that were the only announcement they would have made!

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This made me very happy. The original Boxboy was a great little game, and even though I haven't played the sequels (nor finished all the bonus levels), I'm really excited for this. The co-op feature seems fun. It'd be nice if it included the levels from the 3DS games, even if it's a paid DLC (if it was cheaper than all 3 games combined I'd totally buy it).

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a big fan of the series and honestly I was worried it would die with the 3DS. This announcement is great news!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It looks great and after the sucess of Snipperclips, it is going to find its audience for sure.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first game, such clever game mechanics! I even started envisioning a full-scale metroidvania based on it, and imagined it would have been a lot more popular with more color, a more complex character, and a plot and world to explore. But, it's also nice as a cute little puzzle game!

I skipped the sequels (barely knew they existed) because I stopped using my 3DS, but with this one I'm on board again!

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Considering the previous game was called Bye-Bye Box Boy, I thought the series was done.

Always down for more though

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Love BoxBoy and Bye Bye BoxBoy also made me cry since I assumed it would be the last one, I'm happy this one's coming.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Happy to see more BoxBoy. I loved the first one on 3DS. I think I didn't play much of the sequels due to release timing but I will be getting this one.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
how do you make a game called Bye Bye BoxBoy and then make a sequel less than a few years later

also BoxBoy HD collection please

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see the direct, so missed that this was coming. Thanks for the thread OP.

I wish there was a physical version, but will be happy to support the digital release as well.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I was so excited when they announced it and then over the moon when I realized it wasn't a port/collection. Lovely game series.

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
The first three games were delightful so really happy to see the series continue and the co op aspect looks like a fun twist.

Oct 31, 2017
I was hoping they would release the retail trilogy game + amiibo (3DS) in Europe but it seems like it won't happen.

Great news though !

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah, mi girlfriend will adore this game.

She's super into co-op puzzle platformers, with 'Snipperclips' being her favorite game.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The best announcement of the direct.

It's annoying that they added a space between Box and Boy after three games where it's one word.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
super excited for this. wish it also included levels from past games as i've never played them, but what can you do

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I was super underwhelmed by the second one and didn't play the third, but I'm definitely down for this if the co op seems good.....

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Who was it who made that thread asking for the smaller eshop stuff that Nintendo put out on the 3DS?