• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
AJ needs to be more offensive I think, he is hittable from everything we have seen over the years but his power cannot be argued, he should really focus on it.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Good effort but RIP Sacha

The blueprint is definitely there for beating Joshua

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Joshua might gas a bit too though.

I don't know if he needs to be so damn heavy.

Something about Joshua's body always comes across as really awkward for boxing. He just doesn't seem flexible/pliable as other great tall HWs in the past. Wilder is a little the same way when I see him fight. It's like it limits the the way they fight. As soon as someone gets inside on Joshua it doesn't feel like he has a lot of options.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something about Joshua's body always comes across as really awkward for boxing. He just doesn't seem flexible/pliable as other great tall HWs in the past. Wilder is a little the same way when I see him fight. It's like it limits the the way they fight. As soon as someone gets inside on Joshua it doesn't feel like he has a lot of options.
I think Wilder's awkwardness comes from his style being wild, loopy, and unorthodox. But it works for him since he's so light and athletic. Really no one else like him.

AJ's a bit too tanky. Should probably tone it down a little. He looks like a 6'6'' Mike Tyson but plods around like what you'd expect from a big Russian or a Klitschko.

suedester

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why everyone keeps talking about Wilder, Fury will win on points easily. Fury Vs AJ will be quite the fight.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
Wilder is not a Povetkin.

Joshua seems to want to be a counter puncher in the ring and Wilder has the worst, wildest punching technique in the game.

Unless Wilder fixes his technique, hes taking a counter right hand and sleeping.
I was talking about this with the friends who were watching the fight with me. Wilder's power is scary but the way he whirls his arms wildly and leaves himself open to land his powershots could make him the dream matchup for a decently skilled counterpuncher who can bang.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Joshua seems to want to be a counter puncher in the ring and Wilder has the worst, wildest punching technique in the game.

Unless Wilder fixes his technique, hes taking a counter right hand and sleeping.
Thing is, Wilder's been getting smarter about that. He works the jab more and only goes full crazy when his man is hurt.

The speed difference between the two is what's most worrying for AJ. I just see Wilder's crazy angles and handspeed doing him in.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Although I agree about Wilder being open to getting counterpunched, I thought Joshua did a terrible job of counterpunching and was letting Povetiken lead with jump hooks and overhand right's at will the first half of the fight.

Last edited:

TheBasslion

Sep 4, 2018

I get your point but my worry comes more from wilders straight right counter than his overall technique like the one that put down szpilka

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why everyone keeps talking about Wilder, Fury will win on points easily. Fury Vs AJ will be quite the fight.

You can't be serious? lmao. I can assure you that Wilder will knock Fury out. If Fury did manage to come out of a 2 year drug fuelled layoff and beat a champion like Wilder then he can absolutely go down as a GOAT, and by far the best in the division. It's going to take something very special for Fury to beat Wilder. I will never doubt him again if he can win that fight.

This is all assuming the fight actually happens. I can see Fury pulling out in November.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can't be serious? lmao. I can assure you that Wilder will knock Fury out. If Fury did manage to come out of a 2 year drug fuelled layoff and beat a champion like Wilder then he can absolutely go down as a GOAT, and by far the best in the division. It's going to take something very special for Fury to beat Wilder. I will never doubt him again if he can win that fight.

This is all assuming the fight actually happens. I can see Fury pulling out in November.
Even if Fury were to win, he still wouldn't go down as a GOAT. Let's not go overboard.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt in my mind that 2015 Fury would beat Wilder and Joshua. His performance against Wlad was better than AJ's. He beat Wlad almost effortlessly.

That said, I doubt he'll ever be as good again. I'm looking forward to the Wilder fight and I'm ready to surprised, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Fury were to win, he still wouldn't go down as a GOAT. Let's not go overboard.

He absolutely would. Coming off that layoff and beating a very good champ would be something very special. He would be a GOAT. If he then beat AJ then he could legitimately call himself top 5 heavyweight of all time. It would show how much of an insane talent he is if he can do it after such a massive layoff.

I have no doubt in my mind that 2015 Fury would beat Wilder and Joshua. His performance against Wlad was better than AJ's. He beat Wlad almost effortlessly.

That said, I doubt he'll ever be as good again. I'm looking forward to the Wilder fight and I'm ready to surprised, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

The Wlad that fought AJ was better than the Wlad that fought Fury. Lighter, faster and way more hungry. That Wlad would have beat 2015 Fury, whose performance has since been extremely overrated. He won the fight, but effortlessly? Nah. He won it clearly, but done it extremely ugly with am insane amount of clinching and a pretty big struggle in the late rounds.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He absolutely would. Coming off that layoff and beating a very good champ would be something very special. He would be a GOAT. If he then beat AJ then he could legitimately call himself top 5 heavyweight of all time. It would show how much of an insane talent he is if he can do it after such a massive layoff.
LOL. How could he be a GOAT after beating Wilder and then have to beat AJ to be Top 5 Heavyweight all time? He would already be GOAT status according to you. Also your assessment and hyperbole of it comes across as somebody relatively young to the sport of boxing and it's history.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
There is no current Heavyweight close to contending for GOAT status.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
LOL. How could he be a GOAT after beating Wilder and then have to beat AJ to be Top 5 Heavyweight all time? He would already be GOAT status according to you. Also your assessment and hyperbole of it comes across as somebody relatively young to the sport of boxing and it's history.

What is this condescending nonsense? Point out your issues with my post rather than just acting condescending. Do you want to show me a former heavyweight that came off a 2 year drug binge, became morbidly obese and still managed to dominate the division on his comeback? I will wait for the boxing historian here to show me.

I use GOAT usually as a term for top 10 people in a certain field.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
There is no current Heavyweight close to contending for GOAT status.

I absolutely agree. But if Fury did manage to beat Wilder 3 fights into his comeback then he can be mentioned as a GOAT. If he beat AJ straight after in April then there is absolutely no doubt of his GOAT status.

All a very big if though. He beats neither imo.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is this condescending nonsense? Point out your issues with my post rather than just acting condescending. Do you want to show me a former heavyweight that came off a 2 year drug binge, became morbidly obese and still managed to dominate the division on his comeback? I will wait for the boxing historian here to show me.

I use GOAT usually as a term for top 10 people in a certain field.
Wasn't meant to sound condescending. Also that's not what GOAT means. The GOAT anyway is Ali at Heavyweight. The history of Heavyweights is so long and decorated it'd be damn near impossible for a heavyweight today to break into Top 5 All Time, no matter what they did.