• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Can't see the upcoming fight being anything other than completely onesided, but oh well... Let's watch this.

P.S. I have a friend, he's a 23 yo italian amateur boxer fighting as LHW, who recently met Hurd.
He said he was fucking massive, way bigger than him.
It's insane that this guy manages to cut enough weight to fight as a superwelter.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't see the upcoming fight being anything other than completely onesided, but oh well... Let's watch this.

P.S. I have a friend, he's a 23 yo italian amateur boxer fighting as LHW, who recently met Hurd.
He said he was fucking massive, way bigger than him.
It's insane that this guy manages to cut enough weight to fight as a superwelter.

He does look damn massive on my screen. Not sure how big the other guy is.

edit: This Welborn guy doesn't even have a wikipedia page. But I'm impressed, he has such a size disadvantage and did well there.

Oct 31, 2017
Well, that was intense.
Which I didn't expect.
I had Fury ahead most of the fight, but with the second KD he almost surely lost it.

EDIT - Ahahahaha, split draw.
Incidentally, 113-113 is the only scorecard I found reasonable.

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a decent, reasonable verdict, even if the two score cards at the margins were both pretty absurd.

I had Fury winning basically all rounds bar the second (and obviously the two 10-8), but he was against the home fighter and he was dropped twice.
I'm already surprised he wasn't robbed blind.
This. LOL However there were early close rounds where much didn't happen that you could've given to either fighter. IMO those rounds should be scored 10-10 but their discouraged to score rounds like that.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh... hope he's fine but he's still a terrible guy.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When Fury retires I hope he trains boxers, I'm following anyone he's in the corner of.
Y1ea1ak.jpg

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had Wilder/Fury 114-112 for Wilder after rewatching it.

Scored 3 of the first 4 rounds for Wilder. Fury dictated the pace with his movement and jab, but without actually landing it much. Wilder landed a few stiff jabs to the head and body in these rounds. 39-37

Also ended up scoring either round 5 or 6 for Wilder, which I didn't expect. 58-56

Fury outboxes Wilder in 7 and 8. 76-76

Wilder scores a knockdown in the 9th. 86-84

Fury tags up Wilder in 10 and 11. 104-104

Wilder scores the knockdown in the 12th. 114-112.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm reading people on reddit scoring this even so far and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
I don't have a single round for Pedraza so far. The 8th was probably his best one and he still lost it.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
I had loma winning 9-3 but pedraza made the rounds closer than I expected. On to canelo next week. Dam HBO last boxing was tonight , I grew up on watching fights there. Oscar vs Vargas was one of the main ones that got me into boxing :(

Oct 31, 2017
This was the worst Lomachenko looked in a while (starting with the uncharateristically timid opening rounds) and he still won the fight handily on autopilot mode.

These scorecard seem about right. I have no idea how some people though it was a close fight.
Sometime I'm under the impression people just see hands going out and they don't pay attention to where these shots actually land.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Loma's out of his comfort zone since stepping up to lightweight. It's gonna be interesting to see how he adjusts over time.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen enough documentaries about that night. I'd check in for something unusual like Muhammad and Larry.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Canelo tonight

Edit: These two women fighting, apparently the one with the cornrows already lost six time against the same boxer before, and now she is losing every round. Can't they find anyone better to make these matches?

Last edited: