• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Klitschko looked terrible because of Fury's awkward style. Not pleasant to watch but effective.

Father time doesn't lie. Review the odds for Fury Vs Klitschko and then AJ Vs Klitschko. That will help tell you who had the greater victory.

No, Klitschko looked slow and lethargic. He damn near looked shot. I think you need to rewatch the fight. That's why I was surprised with how Klistchko looked against AJ bouncing on his feet throughout the fight with a bit of pep in his step.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, Klitschko looked slow and lethargic. He damn near looked shot. I think you need to rewatch the fight. That's why I was surprised with how Klistchko looked against AJ bouncing on his feet throughout the fight with a bit of pep in his step.
He came in like that against AJ as he knew it was his only chance. Take him out early or lose a decision. He had nothing to lose

Klitschko looked like shit against Fury as he couldn't do his normal jab, grab and lean as he wasn't fighting somebody half a foot shorter who had already lost in their head before they got to the ring. That plus Fury's awkward style befuddled him and yes he was also getting on a bit. Not to mention, Fury got in his head with his ridiculous behaviour in the run up.

I don't give a shit about odds.

Klitschko underestimated Fury, simple as that. He came back in much better shape for the AJ fight.

Cool, dismiss the evidence as it doesn't suit your outlook.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He came in like that against AJ as he knew it was his only chance. Take him out early or lose a decision. He had nothing to lose

Klitschko looked like shit against Fury as he couldn't do his normal jab, grab and lean as he wasn't fighting somebody half a foot shorter who had already lost in their head before they got to the ring. That plus Fury's awkward style befuddled him and yes he was also getting on a bit. Not to mention, Fury got in his head with his ridiculous behaviour in the run up.

I don't want to take nothing away from Fury, but I was not impressed with his performance despite getting the victory. For the record, I have never been impressed with Fury. Let's hope he comes back in shape so he can get fights with AJ and Wilder, and me and you can debate why Fury is going lose/win. LOL

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to take nothing away from Fury, but I was not impressed with his performance despite getting the victory. For the record, I have never been impressed with Fury. Let's hope he comes back in shape so he can get fights with AJ and Wilder, and me and you can debate why Fury is going lose/win. LOL
Amen to that. I'm coming across like I think Fury's the second coming but I don't, honest! Merely far from impressed with any of the heavies. The positive to that is that I don't think we will have a dominant champ for a while.

More excitement for the division lol

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
A forty plus year old fighter doesn't magically get less old with two years off.
Why are you hanging onto this age thing? It doesn't matter as much as you think it does. Klitschko maintained great physical shape for years, and he got in better shape for the AJ fight.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why are you hanging onto this age thing? It doesn't matter as much as you think it does. Klitschko maintained great physical shape for years, and he got in better shape for the AJ fight.
The 'shape' is irrelevant, the age isn't. His body may have looked amazing but he couldn't use it properly.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
but he held his own for 12 rounds at 40 against two younger fighters. There was nothing wrong with his body.
Did you not see his timing against Fury? It was bad. At first I thought it was purely down to Fury's style but then it was even worse against AJ. Prime champ Klitschko would've jabbed AJ to death.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Did you not see his timing against Fury? It was bad. At first I thought it was purely down to Fury's style but then it was even worse against AJ. Prime champ Klitschko would've jabbed AJ to death.
My original point was Klitschko was in better shape against AJ. He underestimated Fury and paid for it.

and I don't disagree prime Klitschko would beat current Joshua, he's still underrated by many people just because he never had any solid challengers.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My original point was Klitschko was in better shape against AJ. He underestimated Fury and paid for it.

and I don't disagree prime Klitschko would beat current Joshua, he's still underrated by many people just because he never had any solid challengers.

My point is still that Fury fought (and best) a better, younger version of Klitschko. The 'shape' he was in that you keep referring to, you've yet to define. For me, shape usually refers to how somebody looks physically. It was hardly like Klitschko let himself go in between fights so I'm not exactly sold on the shape holding much relevance, when the real factor was his age and not being able to pull the trigger.

It's not a Mr universe competition, it's boxing.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a sorry state of affairs when the best the HW division has to offer is Wilder and AJ. If Fury could ever get off his arse again, he'd eke out very ugly decisions over both of them to be the man in the division.

That's something I never thought I'd say a few years back but obviously further indictment.
Ha. Fury has a lot to prove after the kind of layoff he's had. He's irrelevant right now.

Wilder vs Joshua is the most intriguing heavyweight fight in decades. It's been a very long time since there's been two guys like this who are both charismatic and fun to watch in the ring.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
My point is still that Fury fought (and best) a better, younger version of Klitschko. The 'shape' he was in that you keep referring to, you've yet to define. For me, shape usually refers to how somebody looks physically. It was hardly like Klitschko let himself go in between fights so I'm not exactly sold on the shape holding much relevance, when the real factor was his age and not being able to pull the trigger.

It's not a Mr universe competition, it's boxing.
I'm talking about his physical performance and that would be obvious from watching the actual fights. He didn't gas in either of them, age didn't really matter.

and you keep saying a 'younger version'... you do realise there was only 18 months between the Fury fight and the Joshua fight? That's nothing and he clearly came back better.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm talking about his physical performance and that would be obvious from watching the actual fights. He didn't gas in either of them, age wasn't a factor.

and you keep saying a 'younger version'... you do realise there was only 18 months between the Fury fight and the Joshua fight? That's nothing and he clearly came back better.

Why do you think gassing is the only factor to do with aging? I haven't mentioned that once. Klitschko's timing was off and he couldn't pull the trigger. Simple.

18 months isn't nothing when you're in your late thirties/early forties and trying to compete at the top of your sport. Fury took on a champion who hadn't lost for years in their own backyard.

AJ fought an ex champ, at home, who hadn't fought for the best part of two years and he was coming off a loss.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Fury's done... he's not coming back.. and if he does he's going to be worse than he was before.

He was never that great.. he's big and slow and plodding. Klitchko did better against AJ, because AJ was more traditional and moved better.

A young Klitschko destroys Fury but has trouble with AJ always.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think gassing is the only factor to do with aging? I haven't mentioned that once. Klitschko's timing was off and he couldn't pull the trigger. Simple.

18 months isn't nothing when you're in your late thirties/early forties and trying to compete at the top of your sport. Fury took on a champion who hadn't lost for years in their own backyard.

AJ fought an ex champ, at home, who hadn't fought for the best part of two years and he was coming off a loss.
He obviously wasn't prime Klitschko but he was still a big challenge. I'm sorry but that was clear from both fights.

If you want to keep downplaying the achievement of beating Klitschko, go ahead but it's really not a good look. If you're not that into Joshua, that's fine but give him the respect he deserves.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He obviously wasn't prime Klitschko but he was still a big challenge. I'm sorry but that was clear from both fights.

If you want to keep downplaying the achievement of beating Klitschko, go ahead but it's really not a good look. If you're not that into Joshua, that's fine but give him the respect he deserves.

I give him respect for beating Wlad but not as much as I give Fury for beating Wlad. As I said earlier, Fury probably isn't coming back anyway so it's probably irrelevant.

I'm mostly sick of the ridiculous hype AJ gets over here (UK). For somebody that is basically Bruno 2, the media keep trying to convince me that he's the best thing ever.

Not sure who I'd be cheering on if him and Wilder fight. Probably AJ but the fact that Wilder has personality could sway me, despite my believing that AJ should win.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Gentleman.

I'm rooting for AJ against Wilder. I think he has greater potential to develop as a fighter. They both seem like alright dudes.

It sure does sound like the UK hypes its talent to nauseam based on the reactions to Khan and now Joshua.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows British fans overhype boxers but guess what? it works because they all make lots of money.

Before Canelo, GGG's biggest drawing fight was against bloody Kell Brook.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gentleman.

I'm rooting for AJ against Wilder. I think he has greater potential to develop as a fighter. They both seem like alright dudes.

It sure does sound like the UK hypes its talent to nauseam based on the reactions to Khan and now Joshua.

It's the Sky/news corp hype machine. The amount of hype Hatton got, for example, was crazy. Had people predicting he beat Mayweather lol

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
It's the Sky/news corp hype machine. The amount of hype Hatton got, for example, was crazy. Had people predicting he beat Mayweather lol
The worst one is Amir Khan.
I called it from the first time I watched him, he'd never ever reach close to his so-called 'potential'.
but I guess he's made a lot of money so...

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The worst one is Amir Khan.
I called it from the first time I watched him, he'd never ever reach close to his so-called 'potential'.
but I guess he's made a lot of money so...
Indeed. When he got pancaked by Prescott on his first ppv, I was ecstatic.

Ironically enough, I grew to respect and admire his balls in the ring. Just a shame he had no chin and he chats so much shit outside of it.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Amir had a bad chin, but he was so open defensively that he took shots that you should never take with that skill level. He never learned how to punch and protect himself.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this in the ESPN Boxing chat with Dan Rafael which I also agree with.

When reading British boxing fans and writers, they discuss Tyson Fury like he was a great one who would challenge AJ or Wilder. IMO he gets waxed by both and his career was made on bad day at the office for Wlad. Thoughts?

Dan Rafael, Fresno Fight Freak (12:33 PM)
I agree 1000000000%.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever talent Fury has/had doesn't matter, you can't be out of shape for 18 months and then try and catch up to natural athletes like Joshua and Wilder.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever talent Fury has/had doesn't matter, you can't be out of shape for 18 months and then try and catch up to natural athletes like Joshua and Wilder.

You watching the Daniel Jacobs fight and the "Big Baby" Miller Heavyweight fight on HBO?

There's also the Top Rank/Espn Card with Artur Beterbiev vs. Enrico Koellingfor vacant IBF light heavyweight title that I plan on checking out

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good fight tonight?

On Espn at 10:30 eastern
Jose Ramirez vs. Mike Reed, 10 rounds, junior welterweight
Artur Beterbiev vs. Enrico Koelling, 12 rounds, for vacant IBF light heavyweight title

On HBO at 10:00 eastern
Daniel Jacobs vs. Luis Arias, 12 rounds, middleweights
Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller vs. Mariusz Wach, 12 rounds, heavyweights

TheCommonDan

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, 1st post on Reset and in Boxing thread. Hoping there's quite a bit of UK boxing fans in here.

Good fight Josh Taylor just KO'd Vazquez in the 9th, superstar potential is there.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
For any Brits here that care, the Jacobs card is being shown on Sky Sports and starts at 2:30am.

Also, I forgot Jacobs is under Eddie Hearn now.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Miller vs Wach was a fatfest of fatties being fat.

I half watched it during the Beterbiev fight.. which was sleep inducing. Kolling fought to surive and Beterbiev didn't even try to really get him out until the 12th round. Beterbiev can punch, but he looked basic tonight. Could be just Kolling, could be him knowing a belt is up for grabs and played it safe.. either way.. the crowd boo'd for a good reason.

I missed the Reed v Rameriez.. but it sounded like a controversial stoppage?

Jacobs looked great though, dominated Arias.. who is tough but limited. I'm not sure how limited, because Jacobs could be top 10 PFP.. so it was probably too big a step for Arias.

He almost had him out in the 12th.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
This weekend was pretty full but almost every fight underwhelmed. Oh well. All the right guys won and kept their careers moving forward.

TenderGiantArcherfish-max-14mb.gif

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...es-possible-unretirement-calls-conor-mcgregor

De La Hoya back on that hypocrisy. In his prime Mcgregor doesn't last 3 rounds with Golden Boy, but Oscar now after that lay off and his drug issues... Hope this is all talk and nothing comes out of it. But knowing Dana and the UFC jumping into boxing, we never know.
ODLH being a hypocrite? I'm shocked!

In all seriousness, I'd probably watch. The snack talk from McGregor would be hilarious given Oscar's history. I wouldn't pay for it. In fact, the only mismatch I'd pay for is Foreman Vs Segal. If there's a God, this match happens.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ODLH being a hypocrite? I'm shocked!

In all seriousness, I'd probably watch. The snack talk from McGregor would be hilarious given Oscar's history. I wouldn't pay for it. In fact, the only mismatch I'd pay for is Foreman Vs Segal. If there's a God, this match happens.
It would be Oscar's luck that he got embarrassed by McGregor.

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought Joshua would be a racist piece of shit.

Hearn must be having fits at the thought of this blowing up in the media, is the SKY machine powerful enough to keep a lid on it in the UK and stop a Fury styled savaging?