• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and we've seen him gas out in spots at middleweight vs GGG. I wonder if the extra weight will work against his ability to break Kovalev down.
Yeah, it's the one thing holding me back from calling Canelo a special fighter. There are times when he looks a class above fighters like GGG and Jacobs in the ring, and he would thoroughly dominate them but I guess it's his stamina that makes the fights much closer than they should've.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Always felt Canelo was gonna have a tough time getting past Kovalev's jab. That was before hearing he focused a lot more on weight training.

We'll see what happens.....

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy that Canelo has been able to go up in weight so much, I didn't expect him to do well at 175, but here we are.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy that Canelo has been able to go up in weight so much, I didn't expect him to do well at 175, but here we are.
Canelo's on the short side for the division, but he's bigger than most realize. He looked natural at that weight.

Just realized Saunders and Haney are gonna undercard for Logan Paul and KSI. lol

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching the Naoya Inoue fight? Not going as I expected so far.

That cut Inoue got shook him up and he's been defensive (for him anyway) ever since.

Donaire has been doing a great job showing the huge difference in experience. But after taking some of those shots I don't know how long he can hang on

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rigo beat prime Donaire effortlessly. One of the best performances of the 2010s in my book. I'll watch Inoue v Donaire when I get home.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ok lol I am not sure if anyone been following the ksi vs Logan Paul conference. It's entertaining in a cheesy way. But anyway not here for that, I'm here to share the gem that is Shannon Briggs.

Just check out the first minute and a half.
And.. he is white

Vigamox

Nov 13, 2017
If he was a beast, he would've destroyed Donaire at this stage of his career.
Don't be stupid. Donaire has extreme power in both hands at this weight, is naturally bigger (he looked at least 10 lbs bigger in that ring), and has never been knocked down/knocked out at 118 until this fight (that body blow in round 11 should've been a KO). Inoue did extremely well- he showed he can take a solid punch and that he can still fight well when things go wrong. Winning that fight with a cut over his eye and blurred vision since round 2 was a huge testament to his skill.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be stupid. Donaire has extreme power in both hands at this weight, is naturally bigger (he looked at least 10 lbs bigger in that ring), and has never been knocked down/knocked out at 118 until this fight (that body blow in round 11 should've been a KO). Inoue did extremely well- he showed he can take a solid punch and that he can still fight well when things go wrong. Winning that fight with a cut over his eye and blurred vision since round 2 was a huge testament to his skill.
It's not being stupid. Donaire is way past his prime and old. Inoue is top P4P fighter in his prime. The perception before the fight was Inoue would destroy. It's funny how almost every prediction from every major boxing website predicted Inoue by early KO.

Vigamox

Nov 13, 2017
It's not being stupid. Donaire is way past his prime and old. Inoue is top P4P fighter in his prime. The perception before the fight was Inoue would destroy. It's funny how almost every prediction from every major boxing website predicted Inoue by early KO.
It's not like old fighters just roll over and die once they're past their prime lol, plenty of old veterans have put up amazing fights vs new up and comers. But yeah, I do agree everyone was too caught up in the Inoue hype though, thinking he'd get Donaire out in under 4 or 5 rounds.

Plus, I think the fight would've gone a lot differently if it weren't for that cut on Inoue.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not like old fighters just roll over and die once they're past their prime lol, plenty of old veterans have put up amazing fights vs new up and comers. But yeah, I do agree everyone was too caught up in the Inoue hype though, thinking he'd get Donaire out in under 4 or 5 rounds.

Plus, I think the fight would've gone a lot differently if it weren't for that cut on Inoue.
Likely that Inoue was slightly overrated P4P wise, but still a really good fighter. That's why we constantly change our perceptions and analysis of fighters after every fight with who they fought how did they do. I always favored Errol Spence over Terrance Crawford, but after his fight with Porter, I think I might favor Crawford now.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Likely that Inoue was slightly overrated P4P wise, but still a really good fighter. That's why we constantly change our perceptions and analysis of fighters after every fight with who they fought how did they do. I always favored Errol Spence over Terrance Crawford, but after his fight with Porter, I think I might favor Crawford now.
Not sure if it makes sense to decide based on a certain fight, certain things come into play that wasn't expected like cuts,etc

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it makes sense to decide based on a certain fight, certain things come into play that wasn't expected like cuts,etc
Nonito Donaire. is nowhere near the same fighter he was in his prime. A young top 5 P4P fighter in his prime with high KO ratio was expected to destroy Donaire. That fight gave us a better measure of where he is and that he's been slightly overhyped. However that could change as he fights more top fighters.