• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pac gets bodied by spence, Crawford, Mikey, and Porter

Pac beats Danny Garcia, maybe Thurman, Brook and Berto

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thurman's rusty, over thinks and could easily get out worked by Pac

The only reason I give Thurman the edge is because of him being a big welterweight and him being accurate when he chooses his shots
You mean the same Pacman that got outworked by Jeff Horn? C'mon now. Prime Welterweight Pacman, sure would win, but not this past his prime Pac.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Broner and was really excited for him in ~2013, but he turned out to be style over substance unfortunately. I'll check out this fight's highlights later but he was never going to win this. Gotta commend him for taking hard fight after hard fight though. The guy sure gets a lot of shit despite fighting the best.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Broner and was really excited for him in ~2013, but he turned out to be style over substance unfortunately. I'll check out this fight's highlights later but he was never going to win this. Gotta commend him for taking hard fight after hard fight though. The guy sure gets a lot of shit despite fighting the best.
Broner's issue is he only has one gear and he's content fighting at that pace whether he wins or loses. He has absolutely no sense of urgency when he's behind any feel of whether he's losing a fight.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fun fight. Lopez gave a far better effort than I thought he would. Solid fight for Thurman to shake off his ring rust.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No he hasn't, he's been on a 2 year layoff. LOL Spence would always be the favorite against Thurman.
It's not just the layoff. He's looked beatable in at least his last couple fights before this. Top competition and all with Garcia and Porter, but he just hasn't looked impressive in a long while now... Tends to be forced on his bicycle in the latter half of fights.

Now after the layoff, a gatekeeper like Lopez nearly had him.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not just the layoff. He's looked beatable in at least his last couple fights before this. Top competition and all with Garcia and Porter, but he just hasn't looked impressive in a long while now... Tends to be forced on his bicycle in the latter half of fights.

I dont' think that's because he was slipping, but him reaching the peak of his powers against better opposition. Some holes in his game start getting exposed.

Same might happen to Spence. Who knows.

In Thurman's defense, he's more battle tested at Welterweight against better opposition than Sepnce is. Spence just looks overall better.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018

lopez is extremely tough, he just got back after 2 yrs.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is why I said fairly, not the exact same but has surprisingly good speed and power still. skills still there,etc
Yeah, he's still a top welterweight. It's just the youth of the other top welterweights will definitely come into play. I would pick Thurman, Spence, and Crawford over Pacquaio. Pacquaio would have a good shot at beating Garcia, Porter, Brook, Khan, but he could run the risk of losing those fights as well.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manny doesn't look far off from post-prime, 2010's Manny. You'd think he'd be shot at this point, but he's still mostly there.

It's the Manny before this decade that was an entirely different beast.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Manny doesn't look far off from post-prime, 2010's Manny. You'd think he'd be shot at this point, but he's still mostly there.

It's the Manny before this decade that was an entirely different beast.
I do think the Matthysse and Broner fights are helping him look better at his age than he actually is. I believe the Jeff Horn loss and getting outworked by him is more indicative of where Manny is. That fight shouldn't have been close.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Kovalev has a legit shot winning, he just got caught last time and didn't try to hold and survive the round to recover. However I also hope Alvarez knocks him out again.