• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tekniqs

Oct 26, 2017
is this a fight that will take something away from Mikey and he'll never be the same afterwards?

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Mikey had nothing to lose. Spence dominated enough to not get shown up. Took that last minute off though.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Major respect to Mikey for heart and toughness.

Spence looked great. I was happy to see him commit to using the jab for the first 8 rounds before going into pit bull mode.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Garcia surely won't fight at WW again. His just too small and doesn't hit hard enough.

Spence very good. Hopefully Spence v Crawford happens this year.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
I dont like that spence is ducking crawford, he wants to fight manny now when he is old instead of his prime.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
This was a lose lose type of fight for Spence. Mikey gets kudos for lasting against a dominant bigger guy, Spence proves he can beat up a good smaller fighter. I can't rank Spence higher on the P4P list off of this; he needs to beat the champions of the division; not his fault that these fights aren't being made though, I know he's willing.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I would think you'd have to at least put Spence ahead of Garcia on the P4P list if you hadn't already. He didn't just win the physical battle, he won the chess match in the early part of the fight.

Oct 31, 2017
I would think you'd have to at least put Spence ahead of Garcia on the P4P list if you hadn't already. He didn't just win the physical battle, he won the chess match in the early part of the fight.
I never expected anything different, honestly.
I'm honestly surprised so many thought that Garcia would outskill Spence (let alone those who hoped he would overpower him, which was delusional in the first place).

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I never expected anything different, honestly.
I'm honestly surprised so many thought that Garcia would outskill Spence (let alone those who hoped he would overpower him, which was delusional in the first place).

Fair enough. I thought Mikey would have more moments early by timing the right hand, partly because Spence has been so reckless in recent performances.

Oct 25, 2017
The duck is official. Wilder turns down DAZN and the biggest fight in boxing to fight Breazeale on non ppv Showtime because he's loyal 😂

According to ESPN DAZN offered him two deals:

- 3 fights, $20m Breazeale, $80m Joshua x2

- 4 fights, $20m Breazeale, $80m Joshua x2, $20m tba

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Lipinets is tough but man..... I can't imagine him fighting better fighters. Good try for Peterson and I'm glad his corner threw in the tower.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
That hurt a bit. Peterson's been one of my favorites for a long time. Needs to hang them up now.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The duck is official. Wilder turns down DAZN and the biggest fight in boxing to fight Breazeale on non ppv Showtime because he's loyal 😂

According to ESPN DAZN offered him two deals:

- 3 fights, $20m Breazeale, $80m Joshua x2

- 4 fights, $20m Breazeale, $80m Joshua x2, $20m tba
There's nothing official about the duck. You act as if Wilder vs Joshua can't be made just because they're on two different networks. Did Tyson Fury officially duck both of them by signing with ESPN? That's how ridiculous some of ya'll sound.

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing official about the duck. You act as if Wilder vs Joshua can't be made just because they're on two different networks. Did Tyson Fury officially duck both of them by signing with ESPN? That's how ridiculous some of ya'll sound.

It's clear Team Wilder don't want it. It was there on a plate, a deal eclipsing his total career earnings, all the belts, and they turned it down point-blank because; loyalty, needs to marinate, only want 1 fight (after previously demanding a rematch), never happening unless we get 50/50, blah, blah... too many excuses from these clowns. They're a joke:

Deontay Wilder revealed that his team reached out to Wladimir Klitschko's camp earlier this week after hearing the April Fools' story about his 'comeback.'

lmao

I hope Breazeale lands a money shot and ends Wilder.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's clear Team Wilder don't want it. It was there on a plate, a deal eclipsing his total career earnings, all the belts, and they turned it down point-blank because; loyalty, needs to marinate, only want 1 fight (after previously demanding a rematch), never happening unless we get 50/50, blah, blah... too many excuses from these clowns. They're a joke:
It's not obvious. YOU keep pressing on as if Deontay Wilder has to accept whatever deal YOU want for him. YOU were claiming Deontay Wilder was ducking Joshua when Hearn offered him 15 million last year. Now Wilder has been offered 40 million to fight Joshua in deals worth at least 100 million dollars. It's clearly something Wilder/Haymon are doing right in appreciating Wilder's value so quickly.

However as somebody that's kept up with boxing for decades, it's naive to not consider the business side when analyzing what's going on. Wilder is just one piece on the board of Haymon's chess set being leveraged to maximize earning potential and deals with Fox Sports and Showtime, same as other promotes are doing with ESPN and DAZN.

Regardless, none of this prevents Tyson Fury (who's with ESPN), Anthony Johsua (who's with DAZN), and Deontay Wilder (who hasn't signed a deal yet, but who's Showtime Sports president claimed will offer a deal as good if not better than the one DAZN offered, and that it will not have any clauses preventing Wilder from fighting Joshua) from negotiating and fighting each other.

Last edited:

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
It's not obvious. YOU keep pressing on as if Deontay Wilder has to accept whatever deal YOU want for him. YOU were claiming Deontay Wilder was ducking Joshua when Hearn offered him 15 million last year. Now Wilder has been offered 40 million to fight Joshua in deals worth at least 100 million dollars. It's clearly something Wilder/Haymon are doing right in appreciating Wilder's value so quickly.

However as somebody that's kept up with boxing for decades, it's naive to not consider the business side when analyzing what's going on. Wilder is just one piece on the board of Haymon's chess set being leveraged to maximize earning potential and deals with Fox Sports and Showtime, same as other promotes are doing with ESPN and DAZN.

Regardless, none of this prevents Tyson Fury (who's with ESPN), Anthony Johsua (who's with DAZN), and Deontay Wilder (who hasn't signed a deal yet, but who's Showtime Sports president claimed will offer a deal as good if not better than the one DAZN offered, and that it will not have any clauses preventing Wilder from fighting Joshua) from negotiating and fighting each other.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but AJ does get the majority of the hate for ducking when he has been doing the exact thing Wilder has been doing. Wilder calls AJ out for ducking him. Neither of them want the fight right now and think they can make more out of it. Wilder has done very very well using AJ's name to promote himself over the past year.

Also, Fury absolutely did duck Wilder by signing with ESPN. The Wilder rematch was on the verge of being made when Fury decided to sign with Arum. Fury knew Arum would make that fight very hard to make. The ESPN deal does absolutely prevent Fury from fighting Wilder anytime soon.

And AJ is not signed with DAZN as far as I know.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but AJ does get the majority of the hate for ducking when he has been doing the exact thing Wilder has been doing. Wilder calls AJ out for ducking him. Neither of them want the fight right now and think they can make more out of it. Wilder has done very very well using AJ's name to promote himself over the past year.

Also, Fury absolutely did duck Wilder by signing with ESPN. The Wilder rematch was on the verge of being made when Fury decided to sign with Arum. Fury knew Arum would make that fight very hard to make. The ESPN deal does absolutely prevent Fury from fighting Wilder anytime soon.

And AJ is not signed with DAZN as far as I know.
That's true about AJ, but I never thought he was ducking Wilder but was being maneuvered by Hearn to better his promotions as all promoters do. I don't think Fury ducked Wilder by signing with ESPN. Arum had negotiations with Wilder's camp and made them a serious offer. I think Wilder vs Fury 2 is more likely to happen in the fall than Wilder vs Joshua.

AJ may not be signed with DAZN but it's obvious which 1 of the 4 major boxing networks Hearn is more aligned with.

Edit: Now that I think about it, AJ has to be signed with DAZN, because how else could DAZN offer Wilder the AJ match and rematch in their 100 million multi-fight deals they offered him?

Last edited:

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
That's true about AJ, but I never thought he was ducking Wilder but was being maneuvered by Hearn to better his promotions as all promoters do. I don't think Fury ducked Wilder by signing with ESPN. Arum had negotiations with Wilder's camp and made them a serious offer. I think Wilder vs Fury 2 is more likely to happen in the fall than Wilder vs Joshua.

AJ may not be signed with DAZN but it's obvious which 1 of the 4 major boxing networks Hearn is more aligned with.

Edit: Now that I think about it, AJ has to be signed with DAZN, because how else could DAZN offer Wilder the AJ match and rematch in their 100 million multi-fight deals they offered him?

Ducking is a very strong word to use in any case regarding boxing. It is very rare for an elite level boxer to avoid fighting somebody due to being scared of losing. I am struggling to think of a recent example. Fury absolutely did choose easy money with ESPN rather than taking the Wilder fight though. His profile was raised alot from the Wilder fight and he wants to use that to make more money before risking it all in a 50/50 fight. Wilder wanted the fight and was prepared to risk everything for it. Fury was not prepared to risk everything for that fight.

That is a reason Wilder did not take the deal from what I understand. Or it is most likely the main reason. The AJ fight was never guaranteed for Wilder. Of course, it likely would have happened if Wilder signed the deal, but AJ is not signed with DAZN. This is my understanding of it. I am not sure if AJ could commit to any network in the US due to his obligations to Sky and his deals in the UK. I could have this wrong, but it is what I understand is going on. Need to remember that Sky is losing alot of money everytime AJ fights in the US.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Easy win for Loma yesterday (read the Reddit thread and the results). Dude needs to fight better fighters.

Shields, from the little reading I did, did pretty good? The usual? Is she the best Woman boxer right now?

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easy win for Loma yesterday (read the Reddit thread and the results). Dude needs to fight better fighters.

Shields, from the little reading I did, did pretty good? The usual? Is she the best Women boxer right now?
Yeah, the fight to make is Garcia vs Loma. However Garcia's one sided loss to Errol Spence made that fight lose a lot of luster despite it being two divisions heavier than Loma's division.

Clareisa Shields dominated the Hammer and became unified undisputed Middleweight champion in her 9th fight and look the best she's ever looked and is among the best. However there's a unified undisputed welterweight champion named Cecilia Brækhus that also has claim to being the best at 35-0 . Due to the lack of big fights that can be made in women's boxing, there's a good chance a superfight between these two will happen in the future.

Oct 31, 2017
Easy win for Loma yesterday (read the Reddit thread and the results). Dude needs to fight better
It was literally a mandatory and a fight he said from the beginning personally had not great interest in. Seems a bit unfair to blame this on hm.
Not to mention all the potential "better fights" don't currently seem to be particularly willing to participate, and you still need two to tango, as the say goes.

Garcia would be the obvious big thing, but his unfortunate idea to face Spence Jr. took away a bit of glamour from the potential fight, not really because of the frankly inevitable loss, but because how one-sided it was, with him entering survival mode from the beginning.
Beside, the real question right now, aside from any speculation of contracts being signed and agreements on purses, is IF Garcia can make it back to 135 at all and if he's willing to.
It would be a bit unfair to ask Loma to move up again for the THIRD time in 14 fights, especially given his age and Garcia already having the size advantage naturally. Not to mention 135 is where he actually holds the belt. A "meeting in the middle at 140" would make little sense.

Other potential good fights are Tevin Farmer or Gervonta Davis. Also, the upcoming Teofimo Lopez keeps asking for the fight, but despise expecting him to be a big name in the future, I frankly give him little chances currently.

Last edited:

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
It was literally a mandatory and a fight he said from the beginning personally had not great interest in. Seems a bit unfair to blame this on hm.
Not to mention all the potential "better fights" don't currently seem to be particularly willing to participate, and you still need two to tango, as the say goes.

Garcia would be the obvious big thing, but his unfortunate idea to face Spence Jr. took away a bit of glamour from the potential fight, not really because of the frankly inevitable loss, but because how one-sided it was, with him entering survival mode from the beginning.
Beside, the real question right now, aside from any speculation of contracts being signed and agreements on purses, is IF Garcia can make it back to 135 at all and if he's willing to.
It would be a bit unfair to ask Loma to move up again for the THIRD time in 14 fights, especially given his age and Garcia already having the size advantage naturally. Not to mention 135 is where he actually holds the belt. A "meeting in the middle at 140" would make little sense.

Other potential good fights are Tevin Farmer or Gervonta Davis. Also, the upcoming Teofimo Lopez keeps asking for the fight, but despise expecting him to be a big name in the future, I frankly give him little chances currently.
Garcia vs loma would still be huge. People will understand mikey went up two weight classes and Spence still couldn't even hurt him and he took all of spence shots.