• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda surprised how many analysts are going with Pacquaio winning this Saturday. I think people are being fooled by Thurman's last fight, while he was shaking off ring rust, and Pac Man's last two fight which were very favorable style match ups and Mattysse was shot. While I think Manny has a chance, I think Thurman wins a competitive but clear unanimous decision.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Canelo skipping his September fight. DAZN can't be too happy. They probably gonna push hard for a AJ/Ruiz rematch to happen sooner than later now.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised how many analysts are going with Pacquaio winning this Saturday. I think people are being fooled by Thurman's last fight, while he was shaking off ring rust, and Pac Man's last two fight which were very favorable style match ups and Mattysse was shot. While I think Manny has a chance, I think Thurman wins a competitive but clear unanimous decision.

I'm..... Feeling the same way. I'm always shooting the shit with my friends about how Thurman has looked but I'm with you.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm..... Feeling the same way. I'm always shooting the shit with my friends about how Thurman has looked but I'm with you.
I think Pacquiao's camp got fooled by Lopez catching Thurman several times and hurting him and will find out the hard way. They should've picked Danny Garcia as their opponent in fighting a top welterweight coming off an impressive win that would make a fun fight but whose style would favor Manny's, more than Thurman's, at 40 years old.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
To me keith was always extremely overrated, he had issues with an old julio diaz and robert guerrero. I got manny winnings this one by UD.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pac looks like he's in great shape, but I still think Thurman stops him by the 8th.

I think this one's gonna be crazy. Good fight.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me Manny pulls it off as the busier fighter.

Thurman has looked very beatable in his last few fights.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. Manny's still a good fighter while Thurman's been regressing for awhile now and no longer has fight-ending power.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hats off to Pacquiao. Probably his most impressive win in years. To be 40 and still be winning against high level guys is insane

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

He had his moments, particularly his right hand, but the speed and power of Manny just confused him the whole night. Hats off to Manny for being 40 and still putting out performances like last nights. A huge moment besides the 1st round knockdown was when Manny hit him with that bodyshot that Thurman would have never seen coming. Made Thurman go defensive mode real quick. Thurman had to be thinking that he needed to be defending everywhere or else he's going down for a second time.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
He had his moments, particularly his right hand, but the speed and power of Manny just confused him the whole night. Hats off to Manny for being 40 and still putting out performances like last nights. A huge moment besides the 1st round knockdown was when Manny hit him with that bodyshot that Thurman would have never seen coming. Made Thurman go defensive mode real quick. Thurman had to be thinking that he needed to be defending everywhere or else he's going down for a second time.
I had Thurman up until he got hurt in both of those rounds, those two mistakes definitely cost him the fight.

OP
OP
Kinggroin

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Thurman found that right all night. And if he would have sliped a little more, came forward a little more, he'd have taken it. He definitely couldn't handle Manny's punches as opposed to the opposite.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Thurman found that right all night. And if he would have sliped a little more, came forward a little more, he'd have taken it. He definitely couldn't handle Manny's punches as opposed to the opposite.

It's also one of those punches that Southpaws have trouble with. I agree with you. If he slipped more and applied just a bit of pressure more then he would have done something to Manny, but he didn't and Manny showed that he wasn't really scared at all about Thurman's pressure and power.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's also one of those punches that Southpaws have trouble with. I agree with you. If he slipped more and applied just a bit of pressure more then he would have done something to Manny, but he didn't and Manny showed that he wasn't really scared at all about Thurman's pressure and power.
Thurman also seemed nervous at times on that big stage against a legend making basic mistakes that got him knocked down in the first round.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I'm yet to catch any of the fight yet but I'm sad to see Keith go out like this

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Thurman did very well. He just couldn't quite get past Manny's battle savvy and great timing.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Pac dominated him the first half of the fight, but then just gassed. Never seen him tired like that before. His age is definitely catching up to him. It's the second half of the fight Thurman started to do well, when Pac was starting to fade. Pac needed help just getting onto the ropes at the end of the fight.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, relative to their competition, Thurman looked much better against Pacquiao than he did against Lopez.

Yeah. I think he'd be an interesting assignment for Crawford if the powers that be will allow it.

On a different subject, I think this fight was a good example as to why people shouldn't take punch statistics seriously with that graphic that was always up. It doesn't really tell you anything about the actual fight other than activity level.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pac dominated him the first half of the fight, but then just gassed. Never seen him tired like that before. His age is definitely catching up to him. It's the second half of the fight Thurman started to do well, when Pac was starting to fade. Pac needed help just getting onto the ropes at the end of the fight.
Thurman had a lot to do with that. Pacquiao, at age 40, was fighting the 3rd best Welterweight in his physical prime of a stacked division. I was very impressed by Pacquiao's performance.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Love watching Canelo fight but I think he'd rather wait and fight a 38 year old Golovkin and a 32 year old Andrade than right now.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love watching Canelo fight but I think he'd rather wait and fight a 38 year old Golovkin and a 32 year old Andrade than right now.
I don't think Canelo really wants to fight Golovkin again. He already has 2 W's over him in tough fights. However I suspect part of the reason Canelo's team were capable of getting DAZN to approve this opponent is they promised to fight Golovkin next.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Canelo really wants to fight Golovkin again. He already has 2 W's over him in tough fights. However I suspect part of the reason Canelo's team were capable of getting DAZN to approve this opponent is they promised to fight Golovkin next.

I could see that. I do think the money will get him to bite down and deal with GGG again.

Never took the rumor of an Andrade fight seriously though. He could pose the same problems Lara did while being much rangier and arguably faster.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's looking like Canelo vs Derevyanchenko in October.

Gotta fulfill that contract with something I guess.

News to me. He was lucky to get that draw.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could see that. I do think the money will get him to bite down and deal with GGG again.

Never took the rumor of an Andrade fight seriously though. He could pose the same problems Lara did while being much rangier and arguably faster.
It looks like Canelo wanted to make a unification fight with Andrade to get an exception to put off his IBF mandatory but the IBF wouldn't let him because they said he was too late.

Golden Boy and Alvarez had made a last-ditch effort to keep the IBF title by asking for an exception to the mandatory defense against Derevyanchenko, saying Alvarez would fight a unification bout with WBO counterpart Demetrius Andrade. The IBF rules allow a unification fight to trump a mandatory defense, but only if the request is made within a specific time frame, which Golden Boy did not adhere to, according to Peoples' letter.

"As to Golden Boy's request of August 1, 2019 for approval to allow Alvarez to unify the title with WBO middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade [on] or about October 2019, IBF Rule 10 F.5 does not allow a boxer to request an exception since the IBF has sent out the notice of the date of the purse bid," Peoples wrote. "In this case the notice was sent out and the purse bid has been postponed. In addition, the boxers who were involved in the purse bid are not permitted to take any intervening bouts and if the champion does take an intervening bout he will forfeit the title. Rule 10 F.6. For the foregoing reasons, the IBF hereby declared the middleweight title vacant."

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You black people and your good genes. Lennox Lewis is 53 fricking years old.
FlhWHhv.jpg

Jean Pascal fighting now.

edit: Is Deyonte retiring or something? He's been commenting fights like a retiree. Second time in like two weeks I see him as commentator.

"Macho to macho!"

It's "Mano a mano" Deontay.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ruiz vs Joshua II confirmed for Dec 7th in Saudi Arabia

Joshua will face Ruiz for the IBF, WBA and WBO titles in Riyadh, with Saudi Arabian sports entities having put up close to 100 million US dollars for the contest to take place there. DAZN, in the USA, and Sky Box Office, in the UK, will be airing the championship fight.