• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Every time. It's why no one can beat Wilder. At some point it lands and it's over. Except Fury who gets up anyway.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Wilder building up meter. Then
78Ee.gif

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
He's the hardest hitting fighter ever. Absolutely unreal. I bet Fury enjoyed watching this fight though. Ortiz controlled it easily and before that knockout I don't think he landed anything significant. But that right hand my word.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Lord that was clean.

Ortiz walked into letting Wilder position , as soon as Wilder got on his back foot and lined up, that was it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's not pretty but goddamn Wilder has freaky power. That punch caught Ortiz square in the forehead and knocked him the fuck out.

Ortiz was pretty clearly winning the fight but he started getting baited into exchanges and with a guy like Wilder that's playing right into his hands.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ortiz had it up to that point and you could tell he was getting a little tired and Wilder was slowly warming up and setting traps. Crazy power tho. But I think Ortiz also just can't take a punch anymore. That shit landed flush on the forehead ffs lol.

Very fun and yet anticlimactic fight. Let the Fury V Wilder 2 hype train begin.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have never paid for a fight, but Wilder v. Fury II will probably get my money. Hopefully it ends in a decision this time.

edit: I don't steal fights either, I'll watch highlights or catch one at the bar, but Wilder v. Fury II I may buy to watch it live at home

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely feel Wilder should wait for the winner of Ruiz vs Joshua and see if they can make that megafight happen afterwards before trying to rematch Fury.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because Fury is a much bigger risk than reward than fighting the winner of Ruiz vs Joshua. Obviously Fury is unfinished business, but he can rematch him later.
I hear you. Wilder is just really confident in himself.

Who the hell would rematch a guy like Ortiz when they absolutely didn't have to? Why fight Fury again before potential money fights against better matchups for himself?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hear you. Wilder is just really confident in himself.

Who the hell would rematch a guy like Ortiz when they absolutely didn't have to? Why fight Fury again before potential money fights against better matchups for himself?
Well Wilder already knocked out Ortiz in the first fight and gave him his first loss, so psychologically Wilder had the advantage in the 2nd fight. Fury is just bad style match up for Wilder that Wilder may or may not overcome but there's a much bigger fight that works more in his favor.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Wilder already knocked out Ortiz in the first fight and gave him his first loss, so psychologically Wilder had the advantage in the 2nd fight. Fury is just bad style match up for Wilder that Wilder may or may not overcome but there's a much bigger fight that works more in his favor.
The first fight with Ortiz was a war though. Oritz had him hurt.

Of all of Wilder's opponents, I think he respects Ortiz the most. It shows in the cautious way he fights him. Yet Wilder is willing to give him a rematch instead of taking an easier fight.

I always thought Ortiz was the next best heavyweight after Wilder and Fury.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first fight with Ortiz was a war though. Oritz had him hurt.

Of all of Wilder's opponents, I think he respects Ortiz the most. It shows in the cautious way he fights him. Yet Wilder is willing to give him a rematch instead of taking an easier fight.

I always thought Ortiz was the next best heavyweight after Wilder and Fury.
Sure but because Wilder preserved after suffering from Ortiz's best and then knocking him out only made him more confident the 2nd match.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Wilder v. Fury 2 set for February 22nd. Vegas is the expected venue but why not the O2? Give Fury home ring advantage and maybe its a good fight with some controversy

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
It wouldn't do anywhere near the same amount of business from gate and ppv sales. This would even be the case if they filled out 90k Wembley Stadium.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Fury considered an idiot in the UK? I recall Wembley refusing to stage his fight for questionable statements made to the press.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Ruiz was about 20 lbs heavier than he was during the first fight. There was some talk that he was partying a lot in the wake of his win over Joshua as well. On the one hand, this could be Buster Douglas all over again. On the other hand, Ruiz has some real skill that I think exposed Joshua in a lot of ways, so maybe that still carries over.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the additional weight is a good sign but we'll see. The first fight wasn't that close was it. But it certainly adds credibility to the claim that he was partying hard after winning the world title. I like Andy, but I honestly want to see AJ vs Fury or Wilder more than Andy against them.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Apparently Ruiz was about 20 lbs heavier than he was during the first fight. There was some talk that he was partying a lot in the wake of his win over Joshua as well. On the one hand, this could be Buster Douglas all over again. On the other hand, Ruiz has some real skill that I think exposed Joshua in a lot of ways, so maybe that still carries over.
AJ will win easily, it's a simple adjustment for aj and that is being smart. I expect a late ko win for AJ.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AJ will win easily, it's a simple adjustment for aj and that is being smart. I expect a late ko win for AJ.
I honestly don't know what to expect. The only thing I see from the first fight is Joshua is susceptible when he throws combinations that opens him up to AJ's fast hands. So the adjustment I see AJ using that could have success would be similar to Wladimir and that's fighting safely behind the jab and being very careful when throwing power punches.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the adjustment I see AJ using that could have success would be similar to Wladimir and that's fighting safely behind the jab and being very careful when throwing power punches.
100% agree with this. Steward would have turned AJ into a Wlad a long while ago. Even though AJ has an inside game (unlike Wlad), he doesn't deal that well with getting hit so trading blows like in round 3 of their first fight should be a no-go. He should probably go back to being boring like vs. Parker and work behind his jab. That said, good luck fighting a perfect fight vs Wilder for every second of those 36 min. What an awful match up that is for AJ.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
What concerned me about the first fight was that it wasn't like Lewis Rahman were Lennox got Koed and didn't get the chance to make a comeback in the fight. Joshua escaped the third but was unable take back control and Ruiz just looked better.

But the weight gain has me changing my pick, I think too much success too soon has gotten to Andy.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What concerned me about the first fight was that it wasn't like Lewis Rahman were Lennox got Koed and didn't get the chance to make a comeback in the fight. Joshua escaped the third but was unable take back control and Ruiz just looked better.

But the weight gain has me changing my pick, I think too much success too soon has gotten to Andy.
Yeah, Andy beat him fair and square. It couldn't have been less controversial. He was clearly better that night.