• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
This AJ beat Wilder, and possibly Fury. Very disciplined fight tonight, it was beautiful seeing a HW on his cycle for 12 rounds.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
This AJ beat Wilder, and possibly Fury. Very disciplined fight tonight, it was beautiful seeing a HW on his cycle for 12 rounds.
AJ had an 8 inch reach advantage tonight. He's shorter than both Fury and Wilder. He needs a completely different plan, and he's just shown he needs a loss and 6 months to come up with one.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, fuck Andy Ruiz. Talk about letting fame and money get to his head. Once that money came in, the humble family man completely changed.

hanging out with Logan and jake Paul too. How low can you go.

Damn i called this too. Fame got to his, he didnt train, ate whatever, thought it would be an easy payday, then that cursing at the post fight, and begging for trilogy.

such disrespect for the sport.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
AJ had an 8 inch reach advantage tonight. He's shorter than both Fury and Wilder. He needs a completely different plan, and he's just shown he needs a loss and 6 months to come up with one.
Tall fighters are tailor made for AJ, he walk thru them every time......And to be fair, Ruiz had 6 months to prepare, and the reach advantage did not help AJ in the 1st fight......

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Thought hogan would do a bit better but expected result. I hope to see charlo vs ggg,canelo, andrade or derv next year.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fury and Wilder has the balls to fight each other while AJ had to redeem himself from an embarrassing beat down by a short, fat underdog who was even more out of shape tonight.
And even then, it wasn't an impressive win. Did what he had to do and got the UD, but not the emphatic finish i'm sure he would've preferred.

This is how Wilder treats an out of shape opponent he's seen before.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
And even then, it wasn't an impressive win. Did what he had to do and got the UD, but not the emphatic finish i'm sure he would've preferred.

It was impressive, the boxing clinic he put was awesome and almost a complete sweep of all rounds. You are really comparing a scrub like bermane to ruiz who is actually good? lol

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Very impressed with AJ tonight. He dominated. It's impressive. I think it is safe to say that Ruiz got lucky AJ made a mistake in the last fight. He got the perfect shot in during that mistake and AJ never recovered. Was Ruiz heavier this time? Yes. Not as good? Yes. But he got dominated. Like, 11 rounds lost. He wasn't that much worse. This AJ beats the Ruiz from 6 months ago pretty easy too.

Still confident Wilder knocks AJ out though.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

Why do you never give AJ credit? You never give the guy any credit. He's alright. He done amazing tonight. He DOMINATED Ruiz. DOMINATED. He won like 11 rounds. He won 10 rounds minimum.

Comparing it to Stiverne is laughable. Why?

AJ had to do one of two things this fight to cancel out the first fight: KO Ruiz spectacularly or win almost all rounds without getting hurt at all.

Last edited:

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was impressive, the boxing clinic he put was awesome and almost a complete sweep of all rounds. You are really comparing a scrub like bermane to ruiz who is actually good? lol
Why do you never give AJ credit? You never give the guy any credit. He's alright. He done amazing tonight. He DOMINATED Ruiz. DOMINATED. He won like 11 rounds. He won 10 rounds minimum.

Comparing it to Stiverne is laughable. Why?
Why not? Ruiz and Stiverne (in his prime) are the same class of opponent. AJ losing that fight doesn't mean Ruiz was a top heavyweight. Ruiz showed us who he is tonight.

I like AJ, I just don't like his camp's reluctance or failure or whatever you want to call it to fight certain guys. I also think Wilder smashes him. These subjects loom over AJ's career, so it might seem like I don't like him due to how often they come up. It's the big elephant in the room.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seriously discuss this with you if you are claiming that Ruiz tonight is the same as Stiverne in 2017. That is beyond any sort of serious discussion. It's crazy talk.

Stiverne was hilariously overweight, out of the ring for like 2 years, about 40, and was never as good as Ruiz. It is nuts you are using this argument to trivialise AJ whilst claiming you do not dislike AJ.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seriously discuss this with you if you are claiming that Ruiz tonight is the same as Stiverne in 2017. That is beyond any sort of serious discussion. It's crazy talk.

Stiverne was hilariously overweight, out of the ring for like 2 years, about 40, and was never as good as Ruiz. It is nuts you are using this argument to trivialise AJ whilst claiming you do not dislike AJ.
Outside the AJ upset, Stiverne and Ruiz have similar quality wins. What makes Ruiz so much better than him?

Did we not just watch this guy weigh in at 283? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when he said the weigh-in was late and he was on a full stomach, but clearly he was out of shape and looked terrible tonight.

I also had AJ winning every round, but he was just fighting a safe fight against a guy who came in like a bum. AJ outboxed him for sure, but he needed to put Ruiz away for it to be impressive. He never even hurt the guy.

Wilder would've done to this Ruiz exactly what he did to Bermane that last fight.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Outside the AJ upset, Stiverne and Ruiz have similar quality wins. What makes Ruiz so much better than him?

Did we not just watch this guy weigh in at 283? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when he said the weigh-in was late and he was on a full stomach, but clearly he was out of shape and looked terrible tonight.

I also had AJ winning every round, but he was just fighting a safe fight against a guy who came in like a bum. AJ outboxed him for sure, but he needed to put Ruiz away for it to be impressive. He never even hurt the guy.

Wilder would've done to this Ruiz exactly what he did to Bermane that last fight.

Do you think that an overweight 40 year old with 2 years of ring rust and a late replacement is the same as a 30 year old champion who beat a champion just 6 months ago? Ruiz also carries his weight well. He did not look terrible tonight as far as his conditioning. Stiverne looked fucking awful from the moment he entered the ring. His punch resistance was shot to bits. He had none. There was no punch resistance.

And yes, Stiverne was a late replacement. He was supposed to fight Breazeale because he accepted step aside so Wilder could fight Ortiz.

Your argument here is mad. There is absolutely no chance Ruiz would have been knocked out in the first round in the same way Stiverne was. Ruiz has the best punch resistance in the division. Stop acting like Ruiz was shot to bits tonight.

You clearly hate AJ to the point you are struggling to view things objectively.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think that an overweight 40 year old with 2 years of ring rust and a late replacement is the same as a 30 year old champion who beat a champion just 6 months ago? Ruiz also carries his weight well. He did not look terrible tonight as far as his conditioning. Stiverne looked fucking awful from the moment he entered the ring. His punch resistance was shot to bits. He had none. There was no punch resistance.

And yes, Stiverne was a late replacement. He was supposed to fight Breazeale because he accepted step aside so Wilder could fight Ortiz.

Your argument here is mad. There is absolutely no chance Ruiz would have been knocked out in the first round in the same way Stiverne was. Ruiz has the best punch resistance in the division. Stop acting like Ruiz was shot to bits tonight.

You clearly hate AJ to the point you are struggling to view things objectively.
We've seen 40+ year olds win major world titles, but 283 pounds at 6 feet in a big fight... That's unheard of. Yes, Ruiz looked awful, and SLOW. There's no way around it. AJ's gameplan to play it safe kept Ruiz upright more than anything.

Wilder's capable of knocking anyone out in the 1st round. 283 Ruiz would've gotten rolled. 1st round, 2nd, 3rd, doesn't matter. It would've ended early and in devastating fashion.

I thought Joshua would've looked for the finish late, but he was content with coasting.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
We've seen 40+ year olds win major world titles, but 283 pounds at 6 feet in a big fight... That's unheard of. Yes, Ruiz looked awful, and SLOW. There's no way around it. AJ's gameplan to play it safe kept Ruiz upright more than anything.

Wilder's capable of knocking anyone out in the 1st round. 283 Ruiz would've gotten rolled. 1st round, 2nd, 3rd, doesn't matter. It would've ended early and in devastating fashion.

I thought Joshua would've looked for the finish late, but he was content with coasting.

There's nothing more I can say. You really dislike AJ to the point you are trivialising his win by suggesting Ruiz is just as bad as a 40 year old washed up Stiverne. I am doubtful that there is anyone here that will agree with you.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really though, I like AJ. Smooth, classy dude. I root for him over anyone other than Wilder.

I'm just honest about where I think he stands as a fighter.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
He never even hurt the guy.

_110047322_bigpunch_getty.jpg

Anthony Joshua had a game plan last night, and it wasn't about trying to knock Ruiz Jr out as soon as he smelt blood — that's the old AJ, and he has transformed himself for this rematch, whether you enjoyed the outcome of the match or not.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Stiverne a short notice substitute in their 2nd fight? Pretty sure they had to pick him up at McDonald's. Furthermore, I think Ruiz is better than Buster Douglas and proper top 5 material. People were just sleeping on him prior to his win over Joshua, but he'd been very good for a while. I can't fathom what went though his head in the past couple of weeks and months where he decided to come unprepared. He looked like one of those stereotypical hopeless, overweight Klitschko opponents and ended up fighting like one as well.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing more I can say. You really dislike AJ to the point you are trivialising his win by suggesting Ruiz is just as bad as a 40 year old washed up Stiverne. I am doubtful that there is anyone here that will agree with you.
All I know is Ruiz is a short, fat ass fighter and Anthony Joshua, just from his physical and athletic advantages as well as being in shape, had no business losing to him.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
dam that was fast. i was rooting for commey but expected teo to win. who yall got teofimo or loma? I think loma wins but teo has a chance with his power.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
All I know is Ruiz is a short, fat ass fighter and Anthony Joshua, just from his physical and athletic advantages as well as being in shape, had no business losing to him.

Ruiz was in shape the first fight though. And he wasn't exactly massively unfit in the rematch. How Ruiz looks is irrelevant. He can train for longer than AJ and will never look like AJ. That's just genetics.

I don't understand why Ruiz's body shape is relevant. We know he is extremely quick and has decent stamina. Him looking fat is irrelevant. It might actually help him.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
He's countering good against Crawford

Crawford looks comfortable and his pounces seem to be much more effective. I think Bud is confident he's the stronger fight, losing respect for Euro dude.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say: After listening to DAZN homers slobber all over their fighters, its refreshing to hear the ESPN crew calling the fight objectively.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Spanish language crew was almost rooting for Euro dude. Bud definitely knew about two rounds ago that the guy couldn't hurt him.