• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ruiz was in shape the first fight though. And he wasn't exactly massively unfit in the rematch. How Ruiz looks is irrelevant. He can train for longer than AJ and will never look like AJ. That's just genetics.

I don't understand why Ruiz's body shape is relevant. We know he is extremely quick and has decent stamina. Him looking fat is irrelevant. It might actually help him.
Ruiz wasn't in shape the first fight. It's embarrassing having an out of shape fighter embarrass and in shape fighter that's taller, stronger, and has the longer reach. Don't get me wrong, I give AJ full credit for getting beyond any psychological damage Ruiz may've caused and sticking to a gameplan that made him win easy.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Stop me if you heard this before, but Julio Cesar Chavez Jr apparently fought tonight against Daniel Jacobs, didn't take the drug test, missed weight costing him $1 million of his purse, and then quit on his stool due to either a broken nose or a broken hand. Chavez Sr. had the ultimate "son I am disappoint" reaction and for some reason Mickey Rourke helped shield Chavez Jr from the garbage being thrown at him by the crowd as they ran out of the arena.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Stop me if you heard this before, but Julio Cesar Chavez Jr apparently fought tonight against Daniel Jacobs, didn't take the drug test, missed weight costing him $1 million of his purse, and then quit on his stool due to either a broken nose or a broken hand. Chavez Sr. had the ultimate "son I am disappoint" reaction and for some reason Mickey Rourke helped shield Chavez Jr from the garbage being thrown at him by the crowd as they ran out of the arena.
yea it was weird, was it clear if he got injured? also i had chavez up a round too...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
yea it was weird, was it clear if he got injured? also i had chavez up a round too...

He was probably injured, it seemed like he was complaining about his nose but the announcers kept mentioning his hand. You don't want to second guess a fighter trying to look out for their own well being, but I'm not sure Chavez has that benefit of the doubt. Wouldn't surprise me if he was just looking for the first ticket out of there, nose, hand, take your pick. Have no idea why they keep giving this guy opportunities. He stinks and he clearly has no desire to fight. Almost feel bad for him. Almost.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was probably injured, it seemed like he was complaining about his nose but the announcers kept mentioning his hand. You don't want to second guess a fighter trying to look out for their own well being, but I'm not sure Chavez has that benefit of the doubt. Wouldn't surprise me if he was just looking for the first ticket out of there, nose, hand, take your pick. Have no idea why they keep giving this guy opportunities. He stinks and he clearly has no desire to fight. Almost feel bad for him. Almost.
He definitely lost the benefit of the doubt since this isn't the first time he's quit. Against Fonfara where he quits on his stool then claims to think he won the fight is one of the funniest post-fight interviews i've ever seen. lol

The guy fights in weight classes he can't even make then checks out when he can't bully his opponent.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll plan on watching the Harrison vs Charlo rematch tonight? The build up has been real good and there seems to be genuine animosity between them.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When he asked for the fight to be stopped he was saying that he had broken his hand, it was Roach who said it was because of his nose. Second time he quits too (Fonfara fight), he truly is a disgrace.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goosen's right, Charlo is letting Harrison be too comfortable and is outboxing him instead of pushing Harrison back and making him feel uncomfortable.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was close, but I hought Harrison was taking it too. He was landing a lot of clean shots as Charlo was letting him walk him down.

Nice finish for Charlo though.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed Charlo kept hitting the guard of Harrison with one or two slipping through the guard, but Harrison landed the cleaner shots.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Solid win for Tank, but he needs to be in better shape come next year as hopefully he faces the top fighters at 135.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Tank is a bum.He's talented, but he's got no discipline. Gamboa said that he heard his Achilles pop, and still went almost 12 rds; Tank better get serious because the top guys will eat him alive!

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
tank got exposed, had issues with an old out of prime gamboa. no way he beats haney, teofimo or loma.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
If you had told me 10 years ago HBO would be out of the boxing business and the sport would be in a potentially much better place, I wouldn't have believed it.

Oct 25, 2017
It might, they got good promotion behind it and hype from the first fight. Both Wilder and Fury are talkers in their own right.

Only chance this reaches 2m is if it's priced around $10-20

These two are so unpopular in the USA their promotors have to give tickets away for all their fights, they aren't even doing a media tour / press conferences, so no verbal sparring like last time.

I'd be surprised if it doubles the previous fight numbers.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only chance this reaches 2m is if it's priced around $10-20

These two are so unpopular in the USA their promotors have to give tickets away for all their fights, they aren't even doing a media tour / press conferences, so no verbal sparring like last time.

I'd be surprised if it doubles the previous fight numbers.
Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are way bigger stars in the US, than they were before their first fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are way bigger stars in the US, than they were before their first fight.

Are they?

Fury sold around 3k tickets for his last fight, Wilder around 6k vs Ortiz coupled with poor PPV numbers. Thousands of tickets given away free of charge. Both are unpopular, the facts are out there.

Should have taken the Saudi blood 💰