• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are they?

Fury sold around 3k tickets for his last fight, Wilder around 6k vs Ortiz coupled with poor PPV numbers. Thousands of tickets given away free of charge. Both are unpopular, the facts are out there.

Should have taken the Saudi blood 💰
Ticket sales for boxing in America for a boxer isn't necessarily indicative of how famous or how big a matchup PPV will be. Someone could be a huge ticket seller but not be for PPV's and vice versa in America.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Are they?

Fury sold around 3k tickets for his last fight, Wilder around 6k vs Ortiz coupled with poor PPV numbers. Thousands of tickets given away free of charge. Both are unpopular, the facts are out there.

Should have taken the Saudi blood 💰
No one wanted to see those opponents vs them. Also where did you hear about no conferences? I fully expect conferences sometime later this month.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Someone come get your boy

giphy.gif

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
No one can hold on to Super Welterweight belts, the next round of fights should be very competitive

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Great fight. I do wonder how much different things would have been if Wilder didn't get his eardrum destroyed. He was clearly off balance the remainder of the bout. Fury dominated though and looked good doing it.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Finally feels like Heavyweight is where it should've been after Fury beat Klitschko, he's beaten Wilder convincingly and is a clear favourite against Joshua. It took a few years and a big coke binge to get there but it happened.

I know it's pointless to dream because Wilder will almost definitely invoke the rematch clause and AJ will be fighting Pulev but my wishlist for 2020/21:
  1. Fury v Joshua.. obviously
  2. Wilder v Whyte
  3. Ruiz v Parker II
  4. Usyk v Chisora

Oct 25, 2017
So supposedly around 750k ppv, Arum said they needed 1.1m to break even, will the promotors even want a money losing trilogy fight?

Give step aside money to Wilder and Pulev and let's have Fury v Joshua next.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the splits. They could potentially make money even with less buys if they get a bigger piece of the pie against Wilder than they would against AJ

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible game plan by Yafai and the constant ignoring of his corner's instructions. Chocolatito looked good and almost like his former self before the SSR fights.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Vargas just doing too much busy work and he's been read, paid for it in the 5th. Took a little while for Garcia to get up and running but he's running. Vargas is starting to swell up too.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Feels like Garcia gave Vargas too much respect here. Couple of moments through where if Garcia put his foot on it he could have ended it.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
The fact AJ/Fury was made almost immediately after Fury got the belt from Wilder doesn't look good for Wilder and the narrative that Hearn and AJ never wanted the Wilder fight.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact AJ/Fury was made almost immediately after Fury got the belt from Wilder doesn't look good for Wilder and the narrative that Hearn and AJ never wanted the Wilder fight.
It doesn't mean anything. Boxing can be very complicated depending upon promoters, networks, boxers and leverage that constantly changes over time.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't mean anything. Boxing can be very complicated depending upon promoters, networks, boxers and leverage that constantly changes over time.

It is complicated when PBC is involved, yeah. That was always the issue. PBC make it very hard to do business with if you are not signed with them. Fury originally got the fight with Wilder because he was overweight and thought to be easy work most likely. He got the rematch because he was mandatory by that point.

It is a bad look when the belt leaves Wilder and the fight is immediately made.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is complicated when PBC is involved, yeah. That was always the issue. PBC make it very hard to do business with if you are not signed with them. Fury originally got the fight with Wilder because he was overweight and thought to be easy work most likely. He got the rematch because he was mandatory by that point.
LOL It's complicated in general depending upon so many factors. Fury is in the best position now to make the fight after KO'ing Wilder with Joshua than he was before. Joshua is in a better position now than he was right after losing to Ruiz. There are so many things that come into play at any given time that it's hilarious you're simply boiling it down to it's just PBC that's hard to do business with.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
LOL It's complicated in general depending upon so many factors. Fury is in the best position now to make the fight after KO'ing Wilder with Joshua than he was before. Joshua is in a better position now than he was right after losing to Ruiz. There are so many things that come into play at any given time that it's hilarious it's simply being boiled to it's just PBC that's hard to do business with.

We look at facts. The fact is AJ/Wilder was struggling to be made for 2-3 years. As soon as the belt left Wilder, the fight was made literally straight away. And it was made during a lockdown when no other fights are being made. Those are the facts here.

You can keep up with this conjecture, but the facts are here. AJ was supposed to duck Fury too. That never happened though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We look at facts. The fact is AJ/Wilder was struggling to be made for 2-3 years. As soon as the belt left Wilder, the fight was made literally straight away. And it was made during a lockdown when no other fights are being made. Those are the facts here.
There were network reasons playing apart from the promoters end as well as differences in leverage at different points in making a "fair" deal to both parties. Those are the facts as well but fail to leave out to make it more simplistic when It never has been. Had Wilder KO'd Fury, It would've even been more difficult for the fight to be made, because PBC would've likely tried to command more than a 50/50 deal to Wilder's side especially given Wilder would've still been undefeated/just knocked out the undefeated, lineal champ and brings the American market into the fight and Joshua was recently KO'd by a huge underdog. Like I said, It can get complicated. I've been watching boxing for decades, and I've seen it all.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
There were network reasons playing apart from the promoters end as well as differences in leverage at different points in making a "fair" deal to both parties. Those are the facts as well but fail to leave out to make it more simplistic when It never has been. Had Wilder KO'd Fury, It would've even been more difficult for the fight to be made, because PBC would've likely tried to command more than a 50/50 deal to Wilder's side especially given Wilder would've still been undefeated/just knocked out the undefeated, lineal champ and brings the American market into the fight and Joshua was recently KO'd by a huge underdog. Like I said, It can get complicated. I've been watching boxing for decades, and I've seen it all.

You can keep this conjecture. Rather laughable to bring up network reasons when we are talking about Hearn and Frank Warren. These man hate each other personally and do not do deals. Yet they somehow made this fight.

The issue here is Wilder fucked up. He left it took long and didn't get the mega fight with AJ. Wilder thought Fury was easy work and then got trapped into a rematch with Fury in which Fury was in much better condition. It was absolutely Wilder's side preventing that fight from being made, but the narrative was that it was AJ ducking and Hearn telling lies. AJ had no issue making that fight because it was never his defining fight. He could have made the Wilder fight, and the Fury fight after. AJ's defining fight has always been Fury.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha... We've been down this road before. I'll just say that i'll believe AJ/Fury when I see it.

I'd bet on Wilder/Fury 3 happening before AJ/Fury does.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Ha... We've been down this road before. I'll just say that i'll believe AJ/Fury when I see it.

I'd bet on Wilder/Fury 3 happening before AJ/Fury does.

Wilder/Fury 3 is happening before AJ/Fury? That is part of the deal. It is a deal in which they have agreed to fight if both come through their next fights.

You have always been talking about how AJ ducks so I am not surprised you are taking this stance.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can keep this conjecture. Rather laughable to bring up network reasons when we are talking about Hearn and Frank Warren. These man hate each other personally and do not do deals. Yet they somehow made this fight.

The issue here is Wilder fucked up. He left it took long and didn't get the mega fight with AJ. Wilder thought Fury was easy work and then got trapped into a rematch with Fury in which Fury was in much better condition. It was absolutely Wilder's side preventing that fight from being made, but the narrative was that it was AJ ducking and Hearn telling lies. AJ had no issue making that fight because it was never his defining fight. He could have made the Wilder fight, and the Fury fight after. AJ's defining fight has always been Fury.
Wilder vs AJ, prior to Wilder losing to Fury, would've been AJ's defining fight and what everybody wanted to see. What are you talking about? Wilder still has a rematch with Fury, despite me thinking he has no chance, could end up wrecking Fury vs AJ plans. Timing and the right opportunity often lends itself to make deals happen quickly and easy. I saw what PBC was trying to do and had Wilder beat Fury, especially after AJ already lost to Ruiz, would've set Wilder up as the top dog at the negotiation table.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wilder/Fury 3 is happening before AJ/Fury? That is part of the deal. It is a deal in which they have agreed to fight if both come through their next fights.

You have always been talking about how AJ ducks so I am not surprised you are taking this stance.
Thanks for the correction. I had only heard of this news in passing and was under the impression that the third fight wasn't happening in favor of AJ/Fury instead.

I'll switch it up and bet that talks fall through on AJ fighting either of these guys for any time soon.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Wilder vs AJ, prior to Wilder losing to Fury, would've been AJ's defining fight and what everybody wanted to see. What are you talking about? Wilder still has a rematch with Fury, despite me thinking he has no chance, could end up wrecking Fury vs AJ plans. Timing and the right opportunity often lends itself to make deals happen quickly and easy. I saw what PBC was trying to do and had Wilder beat Fury, especially after AJ already lost to Ruiz, would've set Wilder up as the top dog at the negotiation table.

Fury has always been the defining fight. He was always talked about this. They have been rivals for years and the fight has been hyped in the UK since AJ turned pro. Fury is absolutely the defining fight for AJ.

PBC had no choice but to fight Fury in the rematch by the way. He was made mandatory early on and the WBC would have ordered it again. He pretty much had to fight Fury. There was no choice in it. They originally took the fight because they thought it was easy work. That was a big mistake.

Thanks for the correction. I had only heard of this news in passing and was under the impression that the third fight wasn't happening in favor of AJ/Fury instead.

I'll switch it up and bet that talks fall through on AJ fighting either of these guys for any time soon.

I will make sure to quote you when you are wrong then lol. I will quote this exact post. I will remember the night before they fight. You will say you won't believe it is happening and that AJ will fake an injury to get out of it. Then I will quote your post again during the ring walk. You will deny it is going to happen and say AJ is going to meme out of the fight during the ring walk.