• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeadOnions

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
AJ needs to drop some weight. He looked like he was fading as early as round 4 but maybe he was heavier for Pulev who would have been a much easier opponent.

Also that was a joke of a stoppage that spoiled a better than expected fight.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anthony is a disaster waiting to happen. 2015 Fury would shave been the true Wlad successor. I've been following AJ since the Olympics 2012 where he robbed that other guy blind and went on to win the gold medal later. He'll taste defeat soon enough.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
My account finally got activated! Nice.

The card was a bit disappointing this weekend. Takam's attempt to go the distance was definitely the most interesting storyline, so it was kind of deflating when the fight was stopped for no reason. Oh well, maybe Takam will get a shot at Whyte or Wilder.

DownrightMistyBug-max-14mb.gif

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, ya'll are so harsh on AJ. LOL

Deontay Wilder does bring up a valid point about AJ putting too much emphasis in mentioning how he plans on fighting all his mandatories so he doesn't lose the belts as a way to hide behind them and avoid him. Not to mention, he could easily pay step aside money to his mandatory as plenty of champions before him have done in order to pursue a much bigger and lucrative fight.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, ya'll are so harsh on AJ. LOL

Deontay Wilder does bring up a valid point about AJ putting too much emphasis in mentioning how he plans on fighting all his mandatories so he doesn't lose the belts as a way to hide behind them and avoid him. Not to mention, he could easily pay step aside money to his mandatory as plenty of champions before him have done in order to pursue a much bigger and lucrative fight.
I'm hard on AJ but also Wilder too. AJ is the far better boxer of the two and his record is infinitely more impressive. Wilder's bum show has yet to impress me.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017

Deontay Wilder Resume Highlight Review.
Man after seeing this I wish Showtime All Access could build up proper hype like HBO's 24/7 series. There's a distinct discrepancy in presentation between the two.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deontay Wilder Resume Highlight Review.
Man after seeing this I wish Showtime All Access could build up proper hype like HBO's 24/7 series. There's a distinct discrepancy in presentation between the two.

i think Showtime does a good job, and I don't think the discrepancy is that huge. It's just Liev Schrieber's voice narration makes it seem like that. LOL

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
All access camera work is excellent however, I think with the overall package that 24/7 gives it the nod. With its writing, soundtrack, & ofcourse the narration (Liev Shrieber is a boss) being the stronger points. The opening monologues to Canelo vs Golovkin were primo.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pumped for tomorrow night. I bought by tickets when Ortiz was supposed to be fighting, but I'm still excited for a night of live boxing.

HardtofindSecondaryCurlew-max-14mb.gif

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Joshua should make the fight fans want, will be severly dissapointed if he goes elsewhere

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Wilder Vs Joshua ends when the first punch lands. Who lands the first punch? Who knows...

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Oh the Boxing thread carried over.

Wilder's right hook hit Stiverne so hard that boy's soul is still hurtling towards Mars now.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a sorry state of affairs when the best the HW division has to offer is Wilder and AJ. If Fury could ever get off his arse again, he'd eke out very ugly decisions over both of them to be the man in the division.

That's something I never thought I'd say a few years back but obviously further indictment.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I would Tap both Wilder amd Joshua over Fury. Theyre both big enough to avoid being leaned on and would putwork him.

I mean Steve Cunningham dropped Tyson on his ass and he is a cruiserweight.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would Tap both Wilder amd Joshua over Fury. Theyre both big enough to avoid being leaned on and would putwork him.

I mean Steve Cunningham dropped Tyson on his ass and he is a cruiserweight.

That doesn't really mean much as Klitschko put AJ on his arse (heavily!) yet didn't manage to do that with Fury. A two year younger version of Klitschko at that.

Probably irrelevant anyway as not sure he'll ever make a comeback.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a sorry state of affairs when the best the HW division has to offer is Wilder and AJ. If Fury could ever get off his arse again, he'd eke out very ugly decisions over both of them to be the man in the division.

That's something I never thought I'd say a few years back but obviously further indictment.

I can not believe you'd think Tyson Fury's goofy ass would beat Wilder and AJ. Their athleticism alone would cause Tyson huge problems.

Last edited:

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AJ's athleticism? Ha. He's too muscly and his stamina isn't the greatest. His boxing style is predictable too.

Although I personally feel Wilder would get beaten by Joshua, I think wilder would be the hardest fight of the two for Fury.

Fury's goofy arse dethroned the reigning champ in his own back yard. That shits over anything any other heavyweight not named Klitschko has done in years.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AJ's athleticism? Ha. He's too muscly and his signings isn't the greatest. His boxing style is predictable too.

Although I personally feel Wilder would get beaten by Joshua, I think wilder would be the hardest fight of the two for Fury.

Fury's goofy arse dethroned the reigning champ in his own back yard. That shits over anything any other heavyweight not named Klitschko has done in years.

And yet Joshua knocked Klitschko out, unlike what Tyson Fury did and Klistchko looked much better against AJ than he did against Tyson Fury. Wladimir almost looked shot when he fought Tyson Fury. Tyson Fury is not that good tbh.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And yet Joshua knocked Klitschko out, unlike what Tyson Fury did and Klistchko looked much better against AJ than he did against Tyson Fury. Wladimir almost looked shot when he fought Tyson Fury. Tyson Fury is not that good tbh.
That's some serious mental gymnastics there. A two year older Wlad (who hadn't fought in that time), magically reverses the ageing process? He couldn't pull the trigger against AJ, his timing had gone.

AJ looked terrible, going life and death with the old man. The Klitschko that fought Fury would've finished AJ when he had him in trouble. Knocking out an over the hill former champ who hadn't fought for two years isn't as impressive as beating that champ earlier and in his adopted home.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's some serious mental gymnastics there. A two year older Wlad (who hadn't fought in that time), magically reverses the ageing process? He couldn't pull the trigger against AJ, his timing had gone.

AJ looked terrible, going life and death with the old man. The Klitschko that fought Fury would've finished AJ when he had him in trouble. Knocking out an over the hill former champ who hadn't fought for two years isn't as impressive as beating that champ earlier and in his adopted home.

Fighters can have a terrible performance or look older in one fight, and turn back the clock and look better in another fight. It happens to older good/great fighters in their careers throughout boxing history.

Once again Klistchko looked TERRIBLE against Tyson Fury. it's funny you say Wladimir looked like he couldn't pull the trigger against AJ, when it was the Tyson Fury fight he looked like he couldn't pull the trigger.

I was not impressed by Tyson Fury at all. He's goofy and a bit uncoordinated and other guys that have his size but also power, speed, athleticism, footwork, will make him look like the stiff tree he is.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017

lol what are you talking about? Klitschko was in much better shape against AJ.

J tourettes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fighters can have a terrible performance or look older in one fight, and turn back the clock and look better in another fight. It happens to older good/great fighters in their careers throughout boxing history.

Once again Klistchko looked TERRIBLE against Tyson Fury. it's funny you say Wladimir looked like he couldn't pull the trigger against AJ, when it was the Tyson Fury fight he looked like he couldn't pull the trigger.

I was not impressed by Tyson Fury at all. He's goofy and a bit uncoordinated and other guys that have his size but also power, speed, athleticism, footwork, will make him look like the stiff tree he is.

Klitschko looked terrible because of Fury's awkward style. Not pleasant to watch but effective.
lol what are you talking about? Klitschko was in much better shape against AJ.

Father time doesn't lie. Review the odds for Fury Vs Klitschko and then AJ Vs Klitschko. That will help tell you who had the greater victory.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Father time doesn't lie. Review the odds for Fury Vs Klitschko and then AJ Vs Klitschko. That will help tell you who had the greater victory.
I don't give a shit about odds.

Klitschko underestimated Fury, simple as that. He came back in much better shape for the AJ fight.