• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
BOXING SCHEDULE
29336_original8kkqm.jpg

frame_03_905rok19.jpg

title_card_for_hbo_woayjgg.png

23403536c9k4i.jpg

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
WE BOX ERA NOW

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

We're in time for Anthony Joshua's first defense as the number one heavyweight vs Takam who replaced Pulev on short notice.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Odds on this fight are bad... This is a warm-up for AJ.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there is any progress on the set up between him and Deontay Wilder?

Wouldnt expect it soon, Pulev remains his mandatory. At least Wilder will do away with his mandatory against Stiverne, maybe Deontay could fight Joseph Parker in the meantime, although Parker has expressed his desire to build a following in the UK and wants to continue fighting there.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
OP
OP
Kinggroin

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Should have just fought a year or two ago, theres no mystique surrounding a CrawfordvPacquiao fight now, but Manny kept chasing that Mayweather rematch.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
First I've noticed this. Glad to see this community made it over here as well. The old boxing thread was one of my favorite OT communities simply because of how much I love the sport and how shitty most online boxing communities are.

I look forward to all of our future arguments over fighters' resumes.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
First I've noticed this. Glad to see this community made it over here as well. The old boxing thread was one of my favorite OT communities simply because of how much I love the sport and how shitty most online boxing communities are.

I look forward to all of our future arguments over fighters' resumes.

Seriously Boxing communities are horrible, worse than almost everg other sporting community. I think our small userbase is a positive in that way, always good logical discussions. Then whenever a big fight went down and we had to deal with casuals and their flaming hot takes...lawd

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, new boxrec.com is worse than before. I just wanna click on "schedule" and see the fights of a single day just like before.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God seriously. So hyped for that match.

I think it's more that I want to see if Loma is as good as these pound for pound lists make him out to be

I think Loma is a much better P4P than Golovkin is. No way should Golovkin be #1. Hell I'd put Loma #1 before Golovkin. And that's even if Rigo beats Loma, unless Rigo somehow completely dominates Loma which I highly doubt.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh nice. Subscribed. Hopefully will make it a little easier to keep up with upcoming matches that way.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Crawford steamrolls through Horn and we get Spence vs Crawford sometime mid year 2019.

Who do y'all got for Rigo vs Loma?

I got Loma too due to being physically bigger and younger. However both are exceptionally technically skilled and incredibly athletic. Rigo definitely has a good chance due to being a great counter puncher, and having more professional experience and I anticipate Loma being the aggressor for most of the fight, thus giving Rigo ample opportunities. However I just think the youth and size of Loma at this point in Rigo's career is going to be a bit too much.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
If Loma loses it de-rails the entire hype train so for his sake I hope he wins because he's definitely favoured in this match-up.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Loma loses it de-rails the entire hype train so for his sake I hope he wins because he's definitely favoured in this match-up.

It would depend on how he lost. Loma losing a respectably close but competitive decision to a great fighter like Rigo would merely be a speed bump in his career as Loma moves on to bigger and better things. If anything it would give Loma more opportunities as other fighters will feel more confident in beating him, even if they can't.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
It would depend on how he lost. Loma losing a respectably close but competitive decision to a great fighter like Rigo would merely be a speed bump in his career as Loma moves on to bigger and better things. If anything it would give Loma more opportunities as other fighters will feel more confident in beating him, even if they can't.
That's the way I see it as well. It becomes a Win Win career wise for both in a strange way lol. No more ducking from other opponents. Again it depends how that turns out. Really want Lomachenko to do his thing.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Crawford steamrolls through Horn and we get Spence vs Crawford sometime mid year 2019.

Nice to see mostly everyone made it here in one piece.

Anyway, it's a 50/50 fight, but i'll give the slight edge to Loma due to the fight being at 130. I give Rigo props for not being scared to jump up two weight classes to fight a guy like Lomachenko, but Rigo's been dropped in the past by lesser opponents. Plus, only god knows how old Rigo really is.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see mostly everyone made it here in one piece.

Anyway, it's a 50/50 fight, but i'll give the slight edge to Loma due to the fight being at 130. I give Rigo props for not being scared to jump up two weight classes to fight a guy like Lomachenko, but Rigo's been dropped in the past by lesser opponents. Plus, only god knows how old Rigo really is.
Yeah exactly, Rigo has been floored on multiple occasions and Lomachenko is a step above all of that. I expect him to to win by knockout.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah exactly, Rigo has been floored on multiple occasions and Lomachenko is a step above all of that. I expect him to to win by knockout.

I honestly would be shocked if Rigo gets knocked out. I definitely can see him get knocked down, but Rigo is too technically skilled and defensive oriented to continue to put himself in position to getting hurt. At worst I can see Rigo get gun shy and take less risks throughout the fight and merely coast to the final bell in a losing decision rather than go out on his shield.

The Rain King

Oct 27, 2017

I think Crawford is far too good for Horn. Spence vs Crawford would be a dream fight for me, being a big fan of both.

I still think Lomachenko is too big for Rigondeaux, but starting to see the fight more even with time.

Predictions for Joshua vs Takam anyone?

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I think Crawford is far too good for Horn. Spence vs Crawford would be a dream fight for me, being a big fan of both.

I still think Lomachenko is too big for Rigondeaux, but starting to see the fight more even with time.

Predictions for Joshua vs Takam anyone?
Joshua by TKO in Round 7.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, people hating on Wilder's resume make me mad. Yes, I know it's comparatively poor but the guy wanted to get in the ring with Povetkin and Luis and BOTH idiots got caught juicing. That's just bad luck man. It's not like there are so many good fights at HW to be made, so these two cancellations hurt. That said, I'm not sure if he would have won either fight.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, people hating on Wilder's resume make me mad. Yes, I know it's comparatively poor but the guy wanted to get in the ring with Povetkin and Luis and BOTH idiots got caught juicing. That's just bad luck man. It's not like there are so many good fights at HW to be made, so these two cancellations hurt. That said, I'm not sure if he would have won either fight.

I have less issue with Wilder's resume and unlucky cancellations with better competition, than his poor technique that he doesn't seem to be bothered in trying to improve.

Last edited:

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I got Loma too due to size, youth, & handspeed. But can't sleep on Rigo. Lucky for us the Flores rematch wasn't put ahead of this fight. Could (should?) have been easily a DQ lose for Rigo.

Wilder is being avoided like the plague right now. If marketed correctly him vs AJ will be a massive fight.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly would be shocked if Rigo gets knocked out. I definitely can see him get knocked down, but Rigo is too technically skilled and defensive oriented to continue to put himself in position to getting hurt. At worst I can see Rigo get gun shy and take less risks throughout the fight and merely coast to the final bell in a losing decision rather than go out on his shield.

I don't see Rigo getting stopped either. Both of em are too technically sound to get stopped, but Rigo has a tendency to have his ass touch the canvas, so I can see him losing by a point or two on the cards if it's a close fight.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here watching the AJ fight? I'm thinking AJ by KO in rounds 4 to 6.
He's his heaviest at 18.2 stone for this fight so I don't think he's planning for a long night.

Kovu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got AJ by KO in 3-5 rounds. Don't know much about his opponent though.