• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as there is a significant amount of time between now and when the games will be released, take all of this with a pinch of salt as plans and timelines can change but this is what I am hearing about the release of the next Halo games.

Notice how I am saying games? Right now, the next iteration of Halo may only be a single player game and if all goes according to plan, could arrive, at the earliest, towards the end of 2019. The multiplayer aspect of this game is not expected to arrive until after the single player ships which pegs a 2020 release timeframe.

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/161172/details-upcoming-halo-release

Edit:

Last edited:

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nooooooo

This sounds so weird. How will they price it?

And why would they do this

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That's strange. I'm fine with it, but it seems like a weird move.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.

Curious if the multiplayer will have different mechanics than the single player

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I don't know how I feel about this tbh.

I'm glad they're getting tons of development time tho.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck? If the campaign is gonna have to be damn good. It just seems so odd to split it up if true. Halo is multiplayer to so many people.

Last edited:

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
If its a mid franchise reboot ala God of War then I can understand. If it plays very much like the other Halo games I'll be scratching my head though.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Better be worth it if there gonna split Campaign from Forge + Multi.

Hopefully this means increased focus with regards to campaign and structure, make it a mix on Halo 1 and 3 and I'm fucking there

Layered

May 26, 2018
This seems like a mistake. Wasn't this also pretty much the original plan for Crackdown 3?

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
giphy.gif

Nah I don't believe that at all.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
GTA style? Kind of hard to believe that MS would release the game without at least co-op at launch.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
uh what

why the change

this is just gonna cause people to say "I'll just wait til the multiplayer is done." and then by the time mulitplayer is done, they've moved on and don't check out the game at all.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yall should be careful what you ask for.

Let this be the single player revolution that Halo needs. Stop crying

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What, a year gap between SP and MP? How long could people possibly play the SP of a first-person shooter game? It'll be 10 hours at most.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Could totally be me reading too much into things, but the engine test sorta screamed "open world" to me. Not really sure open world is a good direction for Halo, but that would be a sorta God of War styled reboot alright.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This makes me think the SP will be very different from previous Halo games, and more so like a modern open world game.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! We could have mainline Halo, Mainline Gears and Mainline Forza all in the same year.