• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft will not be shipping its next-gen consoles until the fall of 2020 but the company is preparing to talk more about the hardware this year at E3, 2019, according to people familiar with the company's plans. Don't expect to hear pricing just yet, but the company wants it to be known that they are moving full steam ahead with the upcoming Lockhart and Anaconda devices and will begin to peel back the onion on these two devices.

Last year, the company teased Halo Infinite and that title will be a launch game for the upcoming hardware. With a brand new game engine, the team behind the game is trying to make the story adapt to decisions the user makes and the game may have more RPG (role-playing game) elements than prior versions of the series.

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/200039/microsoft-to-talk-next-gen-consoles-at-e3-2019#

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Cool. Looks like that time of the gen is starting up again, hope to hear what Nintendo and Sony got planned too at some point this year.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The beginning of a console launch is always the most exciting part of new consoles to me. The new info we get daily, the first videogames announced, the first games played, it's always dope. This is going to be interesting.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The beginning of a console launch is always the most exciting part of new consoles to me. The new info we get daily, the first videogames announced, the first games played, it's always dope. This is going to be interesting.
Yeah, agreed. Can't forget about all the little insider leaks and fake console mockups too.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
So yeah 2 SKUs like this gen at launch.. Makes me curious regarding Sony approach.

I honestly think it's a really good approach from MS, 2 traditional consoles + streaming device

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Where does the "two consoles at launch" (Lockhart and Anaconda) rumor comes from? Never heard of it.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Cool. Looks like that time of the gen is starting up again, hope to hear what Nintendo and Sony got planned too at some point this year.

Nintendo is already on their next gen, they will reveal a smaller form factor this year but it won't probably have any harware upgrade over the existing model (it might even be worse but cheaper)

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
These Xbox rumors are so damn interesting, I think they're making a lot of smart moves.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not entirely surprising. They mentioned Scarlett last year; they also mentioned One X a year before the blowout.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nintendo is already on their next gen, they will reveal a smaller form factor this year but it won't probably have any harware upgrade over the existing model (it might even be worse but cheaper)
I was talking about the supposed smaller Switch yeah, I want to see what they've got in store for us in that department + more news on Sony's next console.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope MS goes hard this next gen. I can't wait to purchase their next powerful console. Like Sony, I really hope they learned from their mistakes this gen and don't give us severely under powered machines. I want 1080p/60fps bass for everything.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, they'll do a reel of developers talking about it, heaping praise on what the future holds, but they won't show anything concrete.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
So Epyon from jeuxvideo.com was right. So the other stuff like the Scarlett specs and the Nintendo/Microsoft partnership, should be taken seriously.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I bet we will see a similar video to this one

with a bunch of developers telling us how cool this is going to be, very little of specs shown, a bunch of next gen games teased, fall 2020, more info to come.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Great move to keep up momentum because Xbox One sales are losing steam fast. Its going to be tough for them to hold out until fall 2020, but maybe Game Pass expanding to Switch can help keep the Xbox name strong till then

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Didn't they talk about next gen at last year's E3 also? Is this a surprise that they'd talk further? Spencer specifically spoke of their family of next gen consoles last year. Pardon my lack of shock.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Not to mention the debates, fanboyism, bans, and megatons! Good times are coming!!!

giphy.gif

The Xbox One and PS4 speculation were good times, let's hope this comes close to that, eh?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
With these codenames out we didn't even get a good chance at saying shit like "Xbox Two" for any significant time.

Aug 26, 2018
Smart Move!!

I won't be surprised to see/hear a measured leak about the PS5 to counter the Xbox Announcement since they themselves won't be at E3. Hope Xbox doesn't share too much though, you want to play your biggest cards close to your chest.

The Xbox announcement will dominate the air waves till Sony talks about the PS5 at PSX19 which is November.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will probably be similar to the Xbox One X reveal the year before, a video with very little information.