• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last year, the company teased Halo Infinite and that title will be a launch game for the upcoming hardware. With a brand new game engine, the team behind the game is trying to make the story adapt to decisions the user makes and the game may have more RPG (role-playing game) elements than prior versions of the series.

Figured there should be a thread about this specific bit of info

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/200039/microsoft-to-talk-next-gen-consoles-at-e3-2019#

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I knew this was coming based on the types of hires theyve been making and talks of "flightings" but:

Not everything needs to have dialog trees, skill trees, and weapon upgrades.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
That popped out to me too, Halo Infinite is going to be amazing. I can't wait till we get to see it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They cant even make a good linear storu

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Story related fine. If it's adding a new scope that is 10% more accurate then fuck that.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds interesting. I already expected Halo Infinite to be fairly different from the past games so I'm excited to see what new ideas they bring to the series.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
RPG's are the best genre of video games, so I'm very down with this. I hope they make it open world also.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I hope Halo Infinite will be a prestige title like BOTW and God of War. Xbox hasn't had one of those in a while.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Sounds lovely as long as this is in the single player only.

Halo campaign needed a shake up badly and this might be it

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Please no. Suddenly making the next main piece of canon have choices is just going to cause headaches.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Meaningful decisions please! Like branching paths that differ in enemy types (eg. if MC blows up a production base, no more high level units are produced for later levels) or even stages and cutscenes.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I hope this game turns out great. Can't wait to play Halo on PC.

But MS please bring MCC to PC first.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
As long as it's not like Halo 5 where literally the missions are talking to people only, no fights. Hated those 'missions'

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was coming based on the types of hires theyve been making and talks of "flightings" but:

Not everything has to be a loot shooter.

Confused_Christian_Bale.0.gif

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I'm fine with that, the Halo story hasn't captivated me since the first trilogy. I think a more personal focus would help a lot and help Halo move toward the future.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why would anyone on Earth want a Halo game to have RPG elements.

The last thing Halo needs is adding on more pointless things like XP, upgrades, inventory management...

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
:(

If they want to add RPG elements, I'd much rather they explore that in a spin-off.

EDIT

Meaningful decisions please! Like branching paths that differ in enemy types (eg. if MC blows up a production base, no more high level units are produced for later levels) or even stages and cutscenes.

I could get behind some reactive stuff like this. But I don't really want gear, loot, etc stuff in a mainline Halo.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Kill Cortana
>
Marry with Cortana

There you have it, the Mass Effect like Halo RPG youve been waiting for.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ick. Don't like this at all. Devs don't even know how to tell a linear story yet, let alone a branching one.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Huh?... How did you get any of this from that article?
I play more RPGs than shooters and I still get that sentiment. RPG mechanics translates into slower paced gameplay.

Also Halo has been a huge franchise on the back of its core shooting mechanics. It already has a large audience so it doesn't need to start alienating the old guard if it can avoid doing so while adding new ideas.