• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

• You're all out of your minds...

Votes: 120 17.6%
  • Don't do this... Don't give me hope...

Votes: 339 49.6%
  • I always believed in Phil

Votes: 224 32.8%

• Total voters

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
There's just too much very public smoke. This is real.

I'm incredibly excited for Banjo in Smash, but I hope whatever accompanying game announcement (if any) gets a Switch release. I love Banjo, but not enough to go out and buy an Xbox.
Yeah, the above would be ideal.

Worst case, there's no Banjo game announced and no Banjo for Smash. But, I agree, there's waaay too much smoke for there to be nothing Banjo related shown. Keeping my expectations as low as possible, but dammit I'm getting hyped.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I tried my best to not get my hopes up for anything Banjo at E3, but it's too late. I've been swallowed whole by all this hype. If Banjo doesn't appear at this point in some way, I'm going to be incredibly bitter lol

This happens every single year for the past few years. I thought we were going to make it this year, but nope, didn't happen. We were so close though! The hype and smoke is incredible right now and it's stronger than the previous years. So much so that I can't help but be equally disappointed now if nothing comes from any of this.

But I trust Shinobi. I don't believe he'd say something if something Banjo wasn't happening. I do also wonder though if his "smashing" comment was meant for Smash Bros. at all. Maybe they just smash through a screen or wall or something in the trailer? Haha

ShotyMcFat

Oct 29, 2017
What I'm hoping is
-Banjo-Kazooie for smash bros
-Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remastered for Xbox and Switch
-A teaser for Banjo-Threeie or a reboot

Also I'm just going to throw this out there as an idea but what if the rumoured game that Nintendo is reviving is Banjo-Kazooie, I could see the Odyssey team making it. I can see Nintendo make it if Microsoft funds it with a timed exclusive deal.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
This happens every single year for the past few years. I thought we were going to make it this year, but nope, didn't happen. We were so close though! The hype and smoke is incredible right now and it's stronger than the previous years. So much so that I can't help but be equally disappointed now if nothing comes from any of this.

But I trust Shinobi. I don't believe he'd say something if something Banjo wasn't happening. I do also wonder though if his "smashing" comment was meant for Smash Bros. at all. Maybe they just smash through a screen or wall or something in the trailer? Haha

Seriously. If Banjo doesn't happen in any form at E3, I'm never going to believe or get hyped for any Banjo news ever again. I'm going to be officially done.

At least Crash and Spyro had remakes. Banjo fans don't deserve to be treated this way.

That's not to say anything about Conker fans who have been treated even worse. :(

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
What I'm hoping is
-Banjo-Kazooie for smash bros
-Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remastered for Xbox and Switch
-A teaser for Banjo-Threeie or a reboot

Also I'm just going to throw this out there as an idea but what if the rumoured game that Nintendo is reviving is Banjo-Kazooie, I could see the Odyssey team making it. I can see Nintendo make it if Microsoft funds it with a timed exclusive deal.

As close as they may be, why would Nintendo take away resources to develop a game that belongs to one of their competitors? That won't happen. Could Banjo come to Switch though? Yeah, sure, but I don't see it happening on launch. It would likely be a Cuphead/Ori situation where it releases at later date down the road.

Seriously. If Banjo doesn't happen in any form at E3, I'm never going to believe or get hyped for any Banjo news ever again. I'm going to be officially done.

At least Crash and Spyro had remakes. Banjo fans don't deserve to be treated this way.

That's not to say anything about Conker fans who have been treated even worse. :(

Even IF something doesn't happen (but I'm absolutely convinced now that it will), I think Banjo is inevitable. If Battletoads can come back, then Banjo can too.