• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

• You're all out of your minds...

Votes: 120 17.6%
  • Don't do this... Don't give me hope...

Votes: 339 49.6%
  • I always believed in Phil

Votes: 224 32.8%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Let's clear something up before we continue. A brand extension is when a company goes out of their way to extend a certain brand to develop new products in industries or markets they may not necessarily have much share in. In the case of video games, we've seen this before with Sony offering an apparel line based on Gran Turismo or the Walkmans they made for MGS Peace Walker.

Now, why is this important? What the hell does this have to do with Banjo Kazooie you may ask? Well, a brand extension agency that goes by the name of Beanstalk tweeted a few hours ago that they would be at E3 to talk about licensing video game brands. They've represented the Xbox brand on behalf of Microsoft since 2016 through their subsidiary Tinderbox to market Xbox branded lifestyle products.

26Z3q3h.png

This image above shows Tinderbox's current clients, listing Crash, Spyro and some Microsoft IPs like Halo and Sea of Thieves. What's interesting though is that they recently added Banjo-Kazooie to this. If you use the Wayback Machine and go back to February, Banjo wasn't there.

qTQwogP.png

All of this is hinting towards a potential reveal of a new Banjo-Kazooie game at Microsoft's E3 presser with Beanstalk being brought in to renew some interest in the IP in different markets. Furthermore, this Beanstalk agency are currently at E3 and literally have a booth right next to an Xbox/Microsoft one. You can see the Banjo-Kazooie logo on their booth alongside other Microsoft properties like Halo.

EDIT: Thanks to ShinobiBk for the correction: The below image is from the 2019 Las Vegas Licensing Expo which is currently going on and was posted on the Beanstalk Twitter yesterday. E3 preparations haven't happened yet but they're confirmed to be there and they've made the necessary changes to their booths, updating them and the website with the Banjo-Kazooie logo.

q3UxTJ1.jpg

I honestly think it's finally happening. With all the teasing in the leadup to E3 even from our very own Shinobi, a new Banjo game seems like an open secret with the potential of seeing Banjo in Smash being pretty high. There seems to be a lot of renewed interest in the IP with a plethora of merchandise being made for it which tend to coincide with a brand revival so I think it's finally time for the return of the bear n' bird.

D8PTAG_UwAAt3NB.jpg:large

Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we're in for a smashing good time.

3opk4Jr.png

wK944av.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think this was posted in the Banjo thread, but yeah, there's something Banjo related that's going to happen at E3.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
We might actually not get blueballed this time.

Also yeah Shinobi seems to be teasing Banjo in Smash.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Here's hopin' it means somethin'!

Also I kinda don't want it to actually be called Banjo-Threeie.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I said something similar in the other thread, but seeing all those 90s IPs in that pic is nostalgia inducing as hell.

Not geting my hopes up for Banjo this year though. Maybe in a couple of years or so. When it comes to old Rare IP I expect this E3 to be all about Battletoads.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Can't fuckin wait for Sunday. New Banjo game for Xbox One/NextBox would be great. Nostalgic knockout for a lot of folks for sure.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Is there any chance Rare would be cool with Microsoft giving Banjo to another studio to make a new game, like one of the newly acquired studios or even to an indie studio that they pump a ton of money into...? Or would that be very offensive to Rare if Microsoft did that? How many original Banjo-Kazooie staff still even work at Rare that would possibly be offended by that. It's not that Rare is bad, they just are working hard on other projects like Sea of Thieves, so maybe they let someone else play with Banjo...

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh dear I hadn't seen that comment before.

I'm officially excited for next week now.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and some Banjo-Kazooie merchandise in the works, I'm lead to believe there's new Banjo-Kazooie stuff coming.

I'm also lead to believe it's going to be something like "Banjo-Kazooie Trilogy HD" however, which is perfectly fine.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance Rare would be cool with Microsoft giving Banjo to another studio to make a new game, like one of the newly acquired studios or even to an indie studio that they pump a ton of money into...? Or would that be very offensive to Rare if Microsoft did that? How many original Banjo-Kazooie staff still even work at Rare that would possibly be offended by that. It's not that Rare is bad, they just are working hard on other projects like Sea of Thieves, so maybe they let someone else play with Banjo...
Four team members IIRC.

Some of them worked on Battletoads too, and Rare had no problems with letting Dlala reboot the series. I'm sure they would be willing to do something similar for B-K if the right studio came along.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Every year I wait for Banjo. Every year I am denied. Is this finally it? Has Daddy Phil finally answered my prayers?

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Banjo in Smash, plus a real remake of BK and BT , and an anouncement that a 3rd game is in early development. Or maybe a reboot.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie remake, outsourced (maybe the Super Lucky's Tale guys), most likely cashing in on the hype that the Crash remakes got.

Most reasonable bet for what they're doing this E3, I'd say.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
But wouldn't such a thing be announced at the Nintendo Direct? I mean, Banjo in Smash, yeah cool. But what about actual Banjo on you know, Xbox?

It's still possible, but Shinobi only teases something to do with Smash.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I love Shinobi, but is he really an insider?

Edit: I know he's an admin, but as far as hints and leaks go, his name doesn't come up very often.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even my pessimistic ass see's us getting something Banjo related now.

Shinobi's message highly suggests a smash addition too.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
But wouldn't such a thing be announced at the Nintendo Direct? I mean, Banjo in Smash, yeah cool. But what about actual Banjo on you know, Xbox?

It's still possible, but Shinobi only teases something to do with Smash.
I think Xbox could go for the one-two punch with a reveal of a new game at their presser then Banjo in Smash at Nintendo's Direct. It'd really be the perfect way to put the IP back in the spotlight.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's also our first e3 showfloor leak which means more are likely soon to come